Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 8/24/2017 Reds vs Cubs

Re: 8/24/2017 Reds vs Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    RedsZone break, or that few following anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cares, evidently.
    I missed tonight's game, as we had our inaugural induction to our local athletic hall of fame, and I was presenting the first inductee.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-25-2017),Roy Tucker (08-25-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

After reading tonight's game thread and recap on Gameday, tonight's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game is Jose Peraza, who delivered a two-run PH double with two outs in the bottom of the 8th inning to drive in the tying and go-ahead runs.

5. Likes:

Chip R (08-25-2017),cumberlandreds (08-25-2017),Rantly (08-24-2017),redsmetz (08-25-2017),Ron Madden (08-25-2017)

On pace for 68-94.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    ┏┓
    ┃┃╱╲ in
    ┃╱╱╲╲ this
    ╱╱╭╮╲╲ house
    ▔▏┗┛▕▔ we
    ╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
    Respect
    Scheb's 1st half numbers
    ╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
    ▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔
    Were your feelings hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    To paraphrase Seinfeld about Hatcher, "And you want to be my manager?"
    Up until recently I thought Hatcher was doing a good job as 3B coach. Lately his decisions have been terrible. No way can you let the first out occur at home plate. None. We all know Cozart is running on one leg. You can't send him in that situation unless it's a no brainer. This one's all on Hatcher

Only the third win I've seen at the ballpark this year and my wife's first.

Fun little pre-game thing, there was a group of women on the field, all former players from the women's league in the 40's and 50's, probably about twenty of them. As they introduced each, they showed a photo of each of them in their playing day. They're in town for some sort of event. Two of the players did the first pitch and it went well. I loved it.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Up until recently I thought Hatcher was doing a good job as 3B coach. Lately his decisions have been terrible. No way can you let the first out occur at home plate. None. We all know Cozart is running on one leg. You can't send him in that situation unless it's a no brainer. This one's all on Hatcher
    It's funny but the ones who get nailed at home are usually the guys who are hurt or are catchers. If someone like Scooter was running it's probably a good decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'm going to play disagree about the Cozart play at the plate. Since I never saw a replay at the ballpark of the play, but watching it now, it confirmed what I thought I saw last night. Cozart, while not being the fastest runner presently, was running fine, except there was a slight hitch after he rounded third (didn't look like hurting, but just something that seemed to be a change in his stride. The play was bang-bang, perfect relay and perfect throw to the plate and Baez got the tag in just right ahead of Zack getting his hand on the plate. Sure you'd love to have that run and, in the end, we didn't need it, but I think even in his present condition, I'd send him. They required and absolutely perfectly executed play to get him out and the Cubs did that. Kudos to them. Glad we didn't need the run.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I'm going to play disagree about the Cozart play at the plate. Since I never saw a replay at the ballpark of the play, but watching it now, it confirmed what I thought I saw last night. Cozart, while not being the fastest runner presently, was running fine, except there was a slight hitch after he rounded third (didn't look like hurting, but just something that seemed to be a change in his stride. The play was bang-bang, perfect relay and perfect throw to the plate and Baez got the tag in just right ahead of Zack getting his hand on the plate. Sure you'd love to have that run and, in the end, we didn't need it, but I think even in his present condition, I'd send him. They required and absolutely perfectly executed play to get him out and the Cubs did that. Kudos to them. Glad we didn't need the run.
    I agree that it was bang, bang and that Baez not only put a perfect and strong throw to home plate, his pivot was incredibly quick. He was lightning fast taking the ball from LF and throwing it to the C. So again, a perfectly executed play resulted in Cozart getting thrown out in a photo finish. If a perfect defense throws him out then he should NOT have been sent 'cause:

1) 0 outs
    2) heart of the lineup coming (#4 hitter due up next)
    3) Gimpy runner
    4) one run game

I was listening to the game in my car. As I heard the play develop I was thinking "they'd better not send Cozart unless he can make it easily". So I really didn't want them to send him. But when I heard he was being sent I thought "he'd better make it or else it's still another screw up for a team full of them recently."

14. Likes:

Chip R (08-25-2017)

Turn Off Ads?