Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 8/25/17- Reds vs. Buccos

Re: 8/25/17- Reds vs. Buccos

Storen seemed to be throwing harder than usual tonight.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Thom to Chris: "You and Brian Price have forgotten more about pitching than I'll ever know."

Don't let that stop you from rendering your authoritative opinions, Thom.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

4. Likes:

Big Klu (08-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I don't care about other stats. I was talking about Adleman only. I know you're smart and think you are the King, but putting Adleman in a game is a dangerous situation. He now, after eight straight games has 22 IP, 24 H, 24 ER, ERA of 9.82.
    So who would you have put in the game?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Thom to Chris: "You and Brian Price have forgotten more about pitching than I'll ever know."

Don't let that stop you from rendering your authoritative opinions, Thom.
    And Thom doesn't let it stop him. Riffing again about pitchers not throwing strikes.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

Big Klu (08-25-2017),Ron Madden (08-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    So who would you have put in the game?
    I wasn't saying someone else should have been in, but only his record is horrible. Surely, another option was available, but if not (and I refuse to accept there wasn't someone else was available with so many pitchers on the staff), Tim would have been the last person I would put in the game.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Pirates have a history of coming back in the 9th this year. Let's hope Iggy has it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I wasn't saying someone else should have been in, but only his record is horrible. Surely, another option was available, but if not (and I refuse to accept there wasn't someone else was available with so many pitchers on the staff), Tim would have been the last person I would put in the game.
    Don't get this. Tim came in with bags full, two outs, sixth inning.

He struck the batter out. Ended the threat.

If you would have brough in any other pitcher, the result could not have been better.

Price tried to steal an inning by leaving him in, managers do it all the time. Ok, the guy allowed a homer and was replaced.

Reds didn't lose the lead and are now up four. Don't see the big issue here.

Mccutcheon and Braun have worn out the Reds. Who knew?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Iggy had it and the Reds win 9-5.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-25-2017),Roy Tucker (08-25-2017)

We're still good!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Don't get this. Tim came in with bags full, two outs, sixth inning.

He struck the batter out. Ended the threat.

If you would have brough in any other pitcher, the result could not have been better.

Price tried to steal an inning by leaving him in, managers do it all the time. Ok, the guy allowed a homer and was replaced.

Reds didn't lose the lead and are now up four. Don't see the big issue here.
    I didn't make a big deal out of it. Someone else did, Kc. I made an observation using stats. That's all.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Tonight's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game is Scott Schebler, who was 3-for-3 with a HR, triple, and HBP, 3 RBI's, and 3 runs scored.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-26-2017),Ron Madden (08-26-2017)

On pace for 69-93.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I like Welsh but NO this uniform thing is not catching on. It's like when they did a forward the clock uniform day where teams wore uniforms of the future. Back in the early 2000s. This is nice little novelty to appease I don't know who but keep pandering for an audience that does not want to watch the sport to begin with. Makes sense.
    Just saw the video highlights. These uniforms are awful! I mean, they are fine for a Monday night slo-pitch softball church league, but I don't think they feel like professional baseball at all. They are very gimmicky, and I don't particularly like gimmicks.

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-26-2017)

Iglasias has now thrown 64 innings this year with 5 weeks to go. Which means hes on a pace to easily surpass anything Ko Ko or Chapman ever did on teams which were in pennant races. Not sure what the point is. Is part of the rebuild to overwork your young talented closer?

Turn Off Ads?