Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

They call me "chef"

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

For me, I noticed that all the fun came from characters being stranded or put on long, challenging journeys where they could develop their character and relationships and then, at some point, people were teleporting from plot point to plot point in 2 seconds and entire seasons’ worth of development would happen in one episode. It was a bit jarring and definitely clunkier and less enjoyable.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    For me, I noticed that all the fun came from characters being stranded or put on long, challenging journeys where they could develop their character and relationships and then, at some point, people were teleporting from plot point to plot point in 2 seconds and entire seasons’ worth of development would happen in one episode. It was a bit jarring and definitely clunkier and less enjoyable.
    I actually missed seasons 6 and 7 the first time around because I was too poor to have HBO at the time. So I’ve just watched seasons 6 and 7 for the first time in the past week or so. The teleporting is ridiculous. They say they are going beyond the wall to get a white walker, 20 minutes later they are walking up to the Eastwatch, and oh hey, Beric, The Hound, and Thoros are sitting in the dungeon because they were wondering around outside. What!?

I truly can’t tell if Benioff and Weiss didn’t know how to finish and just rushed it or if they were ready to be done with GoT to start on their Star Wars were trilogy (that never happened). It’s just strange.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I rewatched it recently too and found I enjoyed the last season a lot more the second time. Obviously knowing what happens changes any viewing experience, but I picked up on things even in early seasons that I thinks enhanced the characters for me.

I know there was a lot of complaints about the pacing and movement in the last 2 seasons, but again I noticed it a lot less on that rewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I truly can’t tell if Benioff and Weiss didn’t know how to finish and just rushed it or if they were ready to be done with GoT to start on their Star Wars were trilogy (that never happened). It’s just strange.
    Maybe both. I think they were legitimately ready to be done with it. It was a decade of their life.

I partially blame Martin for not getting at least The Winds of Winter done. But I think he ran into the same struggles of how to get to his ending as Benioff and Weiss. It was easier to work on the extended books.

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Letterkenny, boys.
    I just started watching this last night and damn, what an odd and funny show. Best way I can think to describe it is if Napoleon Dynamite, Trailer Park Boys, and Jay & Silent Bob all had a baby together.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

8. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-26-2021)

They call me "chef"

Letterkenny is solid. Although I did stall out on the winter season (season 3 or 4?) and haven't resumed. That one felt a little off/weird.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I just started watching this last night and damn, what an odd and funny show. Best way I can think to describe it is if Napoleon Dynamite, Trailer Park Boys, and Jay & Silent Bob all had a baby together.
    This might help - https://letterkenny.fandom.com/wiki/Slang_Terms

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Thanks, I needed this! Though I am proud of myself for figuring out "Ferda" on my own.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Hardhome, the Battle of the Bastards and blowing up the Sept of Baelor were all post-source material.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hardhome, the Battle of the Bastards and blowing up the Sept of Baelor were all post-source material.
    Hardhome was actually not, it just didn’t happen in the books. He gets killed by mutineers after Hardhome, which is the last event in book 5.

Either way, I do agree it’s not all bad after they ran out of source material but I do think there’s a clear change and it really jumps the shark in season 7, but the beginning of the shark jumping is the events surrounding Jon being resurrected.

Hardhome was actually not, it just didn’t happen in the books. He gets killed by mutineers after Hardhome, which is the last event in book 5.

Either way, I do agree it’s not all bad after they ran out of source material but I do think there’s a clear change and it really jumps the shark in season 7, but the beginning of the shark jumping is the events surrounding Jon being resurrected.
    In the books he's sent some boats to Hardhome. They've sent back a crow and asked for help via land, but he's been a victim of the stabby stabby before he could set out.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    In the books he's sent some boats to Hardhome. They've sent back a crow and asked for help via land, but he's been a victim of the stabby stabby before he could set out.
    Correct

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

The Expanse is great if you like hard science fiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I need to really try this, but I've bounced off of the first episode a couple of times.
    You have to get to 2nd half of season 1. Season 2 is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Me too. Had me wondering what everyone was so excited about.

Maybe I'll try it again.
    I just finished S5 yesterday after starting almost exactly a month ago. Definitely recommend it. Like RTG said, you have to get to Episode 4 of Season 1. Season 2 on, things really kick into gear, especially Season 3 which I thought was flawless from start-to-finish and one of the best TV seasons I've ever seen. Season 4 was also great, about on par with 2. Season 5 was good, although probably the most criticized season to date. For me, it's 3>4>2>5>1. Season 6 looks to be the last, which is too bad, because there are 9 total books and each season is an adapted version of one.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (03-16-2021)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

“Behind Her Eyes” on Netflix. 6 parts. 45 minutes each. Breathtakingly good. The less you know about it before watching, the better.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    “Behind Her Eyes” on Netflix. 6 parts. 45 minutes each. Breathtakingly good. The less you know about it before watching, the better.

Wow!!!! Breathtakingly good is nearly an understatement!!!

Thanks Chili!!! I probably wouldn't have watched it without your recommendation.

I've never watched anything that would be so impossible to describe to someone before they see it.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

20. Likes:

cincinnati chili (04-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?