Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
Results 676 to 686 of 686

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

  1. #676
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    16,449

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've fallen into the Letterkenny well, and now I'm all about super-soft birthday parties and fighting the menace posed by degens from upcountry. The show is a full wheel, snipe, celly.
    Tried that on the recommendation of a friend, and just couldn't get into it. I may approach it again at some point, but I'm on my own watching it, as the wife didn't like it at all (which may have influence me as well).
    "It is better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying & reassuring." - Carl Sagan


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #677
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Western NC, by way of VB, VA
    Posts
    4,240

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've fallen into the Letterkenny well, and now I'm all about super-soft birthday parties and fighting the menace posed by degens from upcountry. The show is a full wheel, snipe, celly.
    Ferda.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  4. Likes:

    M2 (06-15-2022)

  5. #678
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    40,916

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Hacks is coming back for another season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  6. #679
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,391

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Hacks is coming back for another season.
    Good - I just wish it (and other streaming/cable shows) had longer seasons 8-10 episodes feels like an appetizer.
    Where we gonna go?

  7. #680
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    I just watched the 8 shows of the 2022 season of Barry, creAted by Bill Hader, SNL alum. Really funny, very twisted take on a Violent man (Hader) trying to change but unable to do so, and finding encouragement and support from film industry despite his psychopathic bent. Excellent acting, including a gay Chechen gangster played by Anthony Carrigan (brings new meaning and enthusiasm to the phrase 50–50).

  8. #681
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    52,935

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I just watched the 8 shows of the 2022 season of Barry, creAted by Bill Hader, SNL alum. Really funny, very twisted take on a Violent man (Hader) trying to change but unable to do so, and finding encouragement and support from film industry despite his psychopathic bent. Excellent acting, including a gay Chechen gangster played by Anthony Carrigan (brings new meaning and enthusiasm to the phrase 50–50).
    Really good show, Hader and Winkler were great, Carrigan was brilliant

  9. Likes:

    Betterread (06-22-2022),Chip R (06-22-2022),RFS62 (06-22-2022)

  10. #682
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,100

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Having finished the Obi Wan show, I'm left feeling nothing, I guess? I used to be such a bigger Star Wars fan than I am now, even through the prequel years.

    I think The Rise of Skywalker left me so cold, and these Disney+ shows have ranged from pretty good (Mandalorian), to awful (Boba Fett), to ok (Obi Wan), and it has just sapped most of the SW fandom out of me.

    I think the only thing I'd be interested in now is seeing something that moves beyond this time period. Move forward with new characters, new storylines. They've milked this enough.

  11. #683
    Strategery RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Fleming Island, Florida
    Posts
    16,745

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Really good show, Hader and Winkler were great, Carrigan was brilliant
    Yeah, the scene at the end of the last episode where he's listening to the carnage in the next room was incredible.
    (trying not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet)
    "A prude is a person who thinks that his own rules of propriety are natural laws" ~ Jubal Harshaw

  12. Likes:

    westofyou (06-22-2022)

  13. #684
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    61,898

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Having finished the Obi Wan show, I'm left feeling nothing, I guess? I used to be such a bigger Star Wars fan than I am now, even through the prequel years.

    I think The Rise of Skywalker left me so cold, and these Disney+ shows have ranged from pretty good (Mandalorian), to awful (Boba Fett), to ok (Obi Wan), and it has just sapped most of the SW fandom out of me.

    I think the only thing I'd be interested in now is seeing something that moves beyond this time period. Move forward with new characters, new storylines. They've milked this enough.
    Agreed, how many times can they go over the same ground? I was excited for Obi-Wan and like you I just feel....meh?

    Star Trek is doing the same thing, dumping so much stuff that all just runs together at this point.
    Go Gators!

  14. #685
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    18,052

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    I just started Westworld last night, and made it through the first 3 episodes of the first season. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Outstanding cast!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  15. #686
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    16,833

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Stranger Things thoughts...

    Eleven carried s1. Steve and Lucas carried 2.

    Eleven was kinda cringy this season...ep 7 was kinda wat, total waste of time. But yea, no spoilers...just hate everything about Eleven's role this season.

    Steve is still the best character.

    I missed this post 5 years ago, hilarious
    What would you say.....ya do here?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator