Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    3 Body Problem

Incredible
    Watching it tonight. Pretty cool.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

3 body problem was good enough that I'll now read the books. I have gripes sure, but they're minor. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The Gentlemen on Netflix, crafted by Guy Ritchie after his film of the same name. Excellent.
    I was waiting on a real review, so I'll be looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    3 body problem was good enough that I'll now read the books. I have gripes sure, but they're minor. Loved it.
    I'm reading the book now, and once I finish it I'll watch the series. The book, 180 pages in, is trippy as hell.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I read 3 Body Problem years ago and thought it was fairly unfilmable so I've been impressed through the first few episodes. The GoT guys seem to have a knack for adapting things, that's all they should do going forward based on this and GoT before they ran out of material.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I read 3 Body Problem years ago and thought it was fairly unfilmable so I've been impressed through the first few episodes. The GoT guys seem to have a knack for adapting things, that's all they should do going forward based on this and GoT before they ran out of material.

It's such a iconic work in China that their TV did a 30 part series. It's on Prime TV now. It's much more true to the books, but that makes it slow and ponderous.

The Netflix version turned the central character into the Oxford 5. It makes it much more palatable to Western audiences, and actually improves the story in some places.

Like Game of Thrones, they had to omit a couple of major plot lines, just because it would take forever to film.

I'm really hoping it gets good enough reviews to get green-lighted for a few more seasons. The story is so rich and so unlike anything I've read before.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Shogun is excellent
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

SteelSD (Today)

Turn Off Ads?