Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
My biggest issue with all the shows I've been watching lately is that I find them completely ridiculous - Billions, Killing Eve, the Amazing Mrs. Maisel. They all basically want you to suspend your belief in certain aspects of the stories. I had the same issue with Homeland, and stopped watching after the 3rd season. While I may enjoy these shows, I don't think any of them are great because they all want you to treat them like they are a cartoon.

I'm only posting this here because my wife is tired of me complaining about aspects of each of these series when we watch them. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest...
I am pretty good as suspending disbelief but sometimes the strangest things nag at me. I went from thinking Killing Eve was one of the best shows ever to thinking it’s merely a very good show, all because I didn’t buy into Sandra Oh’s character arc. Any positive fascination you have with a psychotic killer is going to end as soon as she kills your friend. I can buy into explosions, near deaths, and deus ex machina much more than I can buy into people not behaving the way people behave.