Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

They call me "chef"

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

I liked the most recent episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It's dumb and it feels messier and more poorly put together than WandaVision but episodes 1, 2 and 4 have been fun enough. I was close to giving up after episode 3, which I thought was terrible, but episode 4 kind of pulled things back together a bit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Search Party is very good but it's one of those shows that takes a while to get going and is, thus, hard to recommend. I will say that it's nothing like what I expected and goes in all kinds of directions you'd probably never guess. It seems to change genre every season which I've found interesting.

If you'd have told me after watching the first episode that I'd feel the way I do about some of these characters in season 4 (in all sorts of ways) I'd have thought you were lying. It's kind of remarkable.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Search Party is very good but it's one of those shows that takes a while to get going and is, thus, hard to recommend. I will say that it's nothing like what I expected and goes in all kinds of directions you'd probably never guess. It seems to change genre every season which I've found interesting.

If you'd have told me after watching the first episode that I'd feel the way I do about some of these characters in season 4 (in all sorts of ways) I'd have thought you were lying. It's kind of remarkable.
    My wife started watching that show without me, and the couple times I sat down with her, I didn’t get it at all. By the most recent season I was absolutely hooked. The blonde actress is low-key one of the funniest comedic actors on television right now.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

We did a hard pause after the first 3 episodes of the most recent season. I really liked the middle seasons. I thought the season 4 storyline/genre was tedious in a very similar way to the "she escaped lol jk just kidding" loop that Handmaid's Tale settled into towards the end.

Mare of Easttown on HBO has been very good so far.

Ted Lasso on Apple TV is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Humor and heart in abundance.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

8. Likes:

757690 (05-08-2021),BuckeyeRed27 (04-30-2021),cincinnati chili (08-07-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

First four episodes of Handmaid's Tale season 4 have dropped on Hulu.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I agree. But it’s crazy how similar it is to Broadchurch (which I also highly recommend).
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I missed the last season of Brockmire last year, so I'm just catching up with it now that it's on Hulu. I really appreciate how many chances they took with this final season.

12. Likes:

RichRed (05-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Ted Lasso on Apple TV is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Humor and heart in abundance.
    It is very good. I also enjoy Mythic Quest. However, if you’re not a nerd/gamer you’re probably not going to appreciate a lot of it.

- - - Updated - - -

It is very good. I also enjoy Mythic Quest. However, if you’re not a nerd/gamer you’re probably not going to appreciate a lot of it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I agree. But it’s crazy how similar it is to Broadchurch (which I also highly recommend).
    Yeah they are crime shows that are more about the location than the crime. Loved Broadchurch.

The Durder Murder sketch on SNL last week was hilarious and spot on.

15. Likes:

M2 (05-19-2021)

A.P. Bio, starring Glenn Howerton from It's Always Sunny..., is hilarious.
    -Air Supply

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

A.P. Bio, starring Glenn Howerton from It's Always Sunny..., is hilarious.
    Is Patton still in that or as he just in the first season? I’d watch him read the phone book. Love him
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Is Patton still in that or as he just in the first season? I’d watch him read the phone book. Love him
    Yep, he's still in it and still great.
    -Air Supply

19. Likes:

cincinnati chili (05-17-2021)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    There is a writer on Twitter I follow....and he has bashed it every week.

For me, I enjoy it....I try and not look too deep into these Summer HBO series- they really just distract me from the crap....but he calls out lazy writing, and there is A LOT of it on that show.

But doesnt matter to me, I love it.

Turn Off Ads?