Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    The reason I didn't agree that it's science fiction is that it's not really science based, or future or advanced technology focused.

I saw it as a paranormal thriller.
    Yeah, that's a better description. I tend to lump anything like this into the sci fi category, but it's clearly more complex than that. The 2 things I mentioned, the ability to travel and observe others and the ability to switch bodies, are definitely more paranormal than science. Either way, it was a very well done show and I would think most normal people would like it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Likes:

RFS62 (06-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Tony Soprano's most lucrative no-show

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/ja...bo-1234651311/

Did a rewatch on The Shield. It still hit like a truck. So good and so underappreciated.

6. Likes:

M2 (07-18-2021),RiverRat13 (07-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Did a rewatch on The Shield. It still hit like a truck. So good and so underappreciated.
    I miss that show. That last season was crazy. Great acting by Chiklis. CH Pounder. Goggins.

8. Likes:

M2 (07-27-2021),Stray (07-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Ted Lasso on Apple TV is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Humor and heart in abundance.
    2nd season of Ted Lasso starts today. Can't wait.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

10. Likes:

cincinnati chili (08-07-2021)

I feel like no matter how many times I watch Twin Peaks I'll never understand the sawmill arc and why Josie became a doorknob.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I feel like no matter how many times I watch Twin Peaks I'll never understand the sawmill arc and why Josie became a doorknob.
    I've looked up the specific explanation for the Josie/her husband/whoever plot and I think I just don't care enough about it to ever fully understand it.

It's either that or it just doesn't make any sense.

13. Likes:

Stray (08-01-2021)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Joey Votto on Ted Lasso:

https://fb.watch/7euyh7rDfM/
    Stick to your guns.

15. Likes:

757690 (08-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (08-31-2021),RFS62 (08-14-2021),RichRed (08-09-2021)

I knew the source material, but just now got around to 11.22.63 on Hulu. I had low expectations.

It didn't deliver across the board, but it was so good in so many ways. Hidden gem on Hulu for those who have.

17. Likes:

redhawkfish (08-27-2021)

I started rewatching Friday Night Lights while I work for background noise at home. Season 2 is absolutely bonkers. It’s like jumping over a dozen sharks while on fire and doing the Macarena. I honestly cannot fathom how the writers room was just like “yeah, let’s have Landry kill a guy and cover it up, this will be an ongoing plot line for 10 episodes. Great idea”

Then the Jason and Riggins go to Mexico storyline. The “doctor” even says they are going to use “shark stem cells” - you can tell the writers were like “uh yeah, we done jumped it, might as well make fun of ourselves.”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

Chip R (09-08-2021),Dom Heffner (10-14-2021)

I’ve been watching For All Mankind the last few weeks and I’m not sure why this show didn’t get a little more buzz. I’ve really liked it.

First episode of Scenes From a Marriage was excellent. Oscar Isaac is probably my favorite actor right now.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

My wife and I have been binging a British show called Line of Duty. We're in Season 5 now. I'd never heard of it but was looking for a new show to watch, and it was #10 on a list of best TV shows since 2000. It's from the same people who created Bodyguard, which was also great and a huge hit a couple years ago.

Apparently it's very popular in England. Highly recommend. Great writing, good acting, and they do a good job of always keeping you guessing. And it's only 6 episodes per season, so it's not an overwhelming commitment.

23. Likes:

cincinnati chili (03-02-2022)

Midnight Mass on Netflix was much better than I expected it to be. Thoroughly creepy.

The official trailer. It's not what you think it is. And that's why this show works.

Turn Off Ads?