Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

I think we’ve reached a point netflix isn’t worth the expense. It’s all original programming and its 99.9% trash. I haven’t watched Netflix in like 4 months, which just dawned on me. The literal only thing I’m looking forward to is Stranger Things and The Witcher. I can just re-up when they come back and save myself about $50.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Wow!!!! Breathtakingly good is nearly an understatement!!!

Thanks Chili!!! I probably wouldn't have watched it without your recommendation.

I've never watched anything that would be so impossible to describe to someone before they see it.
    Can you at least tell us if it’s sci-fi?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think we’ve reached a point netflix isn’t worth the expense. It’s all original programming and its 99.9% trash. I haven’t watched Netflix in like 4 months, which just dawned on me. The literal only thing I’m looking forward to is Stranger Things and The Witcher. I can just re-up when they come back and save myself about $50.
    Most of their original content is trash, I agree. They clearly have gone for quantity over quality. They are the opposite of HBO in that matter. They are entering the “Lifetime” zone, imo.

However, I use Netflix to watch old TV shows and comedy specials, which is how I spend most of my viewing time these days, so it’s definitely worth it for me.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Julie and the Phantoms is probably the best thing Netflix has put out since Stranger Things...very cool concept if you like singing and the super natural.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

dbl post
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I feel that way about the Disney app. At least Netflix adds new material, Disney doesn't.

Though, in the back of my mind, I know that almost everyone was shut down last year from making anything.

8. Likes:

cincinnati chili (04-16-2021)

Three episodes into Falcon and the Winter Solider and I'm...underwhelmed.

It's not bad, some scenes are fun, I'm just not invested in the storyline. But I'll probably keep watching it.

10. Likes:

Chip R (04-14-2021)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Three episodes into Falcon and the Winter Solider and I'm...underwhelmed.

It's not bad, some scenes are fun, I'm just not invested in the storyline. But I'll probably keep watching it.
    First two episodes were uneven but had some interesting elements for a straightforward, light buddy cop thriller. Episode 3 was downright dumb and not in a fun dumb way, to me. I don’t have much hope for any kind of payoff but I’ll prob watch the rest anyway too.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post

Not really sci-fi, I don't think. Brilliantly written and filmed, multi-layered and complex.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I wish they would have given "The Falcon and. . . " a different title, though I guess their target audience isn't old enough to have visions of Timothy Hutton and Sean Penn.

Maybe "This is not Captain America"?
    Last edited by marcshoe; 04-04-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

14. Likes:

757690 (04-04-2021),cincinnati chili (04-12-2021)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-n...180429549.html

Netflix has committed to spending a whopping 19B$ on content alone in 2021.

The platform previously revealed it would drop an original film every week in 2021.

This past week it was reported that they'll spend upwards of 450M$ to secure the rights to two sequels for "Knives Out", one of the film industry's biggest wins in 2019. Both the writer/dicrector/producer Rian Johnson and star Daniel Craig are signed on to those two installments.

Netflix outbid both Apple and Amazon for the rights to the "Knives Out" sequels.

At the moment, Netflix is the company to beat with over 203 million global subscribers, and expectations are for it to be cash flow positive as early as this year.

"At the end of the day, Netflix is still a very popular poster child for streaming series," Santosh Rao, head of research at Manhattan Venture Partners said, adding that competitor Disney+, although forging ahead with a projection to hit 260 million subscribers by 2024, "does not have a good library yet."

"[Disney is] building, but their content is more tailored to younger audiences. Overall, Netflix appeals to a broad demographic — something for adults, young kids, international and localized content — they are much more aggressive and well-positioned at this point compared to others," the analyst added.

17. Likes:

cincinnati chili (04-12-2021)

3 episodes in to Invincible and I'm really enjoying it. It sort of has the look of 90s superhero cartoons but it's way, way more violent.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think 62's answer is good and I don't want to give stuff away. I think it's fair to say that one or more of the characters suspect that something supernatural might be going on. Don't want to tell you more than that other than to say that people who dislike sci-fi shouldn't be dissuaded from watching it. Whether you like or dislike it won't have anything to do whether it's too sci-fi. It's got Bono's daughter in it. If you had told me that, it probably would have scared me away. But she's actually terrific.
    Stick to your guns.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I wish they would have given "The Falcon and. . . " a different title, though I guess their target audience isn't old enough to have visions of Timothy Hutton and Sean Penn.

Maybe "This is not Captain America"?
    I see what you did there. I would have gone with "The Falcon and Frosty the Snowman."
    Stick to your guns.

21. Likes:

M2 (04-13-2021),marcshoe (06-02-2021)

Turn Off Ads?