Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 552

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

  1. #526
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,355

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    For me, I noticed that all the fun came from characters being stranded or put on long, challenging journeys where they could develop their character and relationships and then, at some point, people were teleporting from plot point to plot point in 2 seconds and entire seasons’ worth of development would happen in one episode. It was a bit jarring and definitely clunkier and less enjoyable.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #527
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,712

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    For me, I noticed that all the fun came from characters being stranded or put on long, challenging journeys where they could develop their character and relationships and then, at some point, people were teleporting from plot point to plot point in 2 seconds and entire seasons’ worth of development would happen in one episode. It was a bit jarring and definitely clunkier and less enjoyable.
    I actually missed seasons 6 and 7 the first time around because I was too poor to have HBO at the time. So I’ve just watched seasons 6 and 7 for the first time in the past week or so. The teleporting is ridiculous. They say they are going beyond the wall to get a white walker, 20 minutes later they are walking up to the Eastwatch, and oh hey, Beric, The Hound, and Thoros are sitting in the dungeon because they were wondering around outside. What!?

    I truly can’t tell if Benioff and Weiss didn’t know how to finish and just rushed it or if they were ready to be done with GoT to start on their Star Wars were trilogy (that never happened). It’s just strange.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  4. #528
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    I rewatched it recently too and found I enjoyed the last season a lot more the second time. Obviously knowing what happens changes any viewing experience, but I picked up on things even in early seasons that I thinks enhanced the characters for me.

    I know there was a lot of complaints about the pacing and movement in the last 2 seasons, but again I noticed it a lot less on that rewatch.

  5. #529
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,595

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I truly can’t tell if Benioff and Weiss didn’t know how to finish and just rushed it or if they were ready to be done with GoT to start on their Star Wars were trilogy (that never happened). It’s just strange.
    Maybe both. I think they were legitimately ready to be done with it. It was a decade of their life.

    I partially blame Martin for not getting at least The Winds of Winter done. But I think he ran into the same struggles of how to get to his ending as Benioff and Weiss. It was easier to work on the extended books.

  6. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (02-26-2021)

  7. #530
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Western NC, by way of VB, VA
    Posts
    4,168

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Letterkenny, boys.
    I just started watching this last night and damn, what an odd and funny show. Best way I can think to describe it is if Napoleon Dynamite, Trailer Park Boys, and Jay & Silent Bob all had a baby together.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  8. Likes:

    RiverRat13 (02-26-2021)

  9. #531
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,355

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Letterkenny is solid. Although I did stall out on the winter season (season 3 or 4?) and haven't resumed. That one felt a little off/weird.

  10. #532
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,595

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I just started watching this last night and damn, what an odd and funny show. Best way I can think to describe it is if Napoleon Dynamite, Trailer Park Boys, and Jay & Silent Bob all had a baby together.
    This might help - https://letterkenny.fandom.com/wiki/Slang_Terms

  11. #533
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Western NC, by way of VB, VA
    Posts
    4,168

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Thanks, I needed this! Though I am proud of myself for figuring out "Ferda" on my own.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  12. #534
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,472

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Hardhome, the Battle of the Bastards and blowing up the Sept of Baelor were all post-source material.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  13. #535
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,712

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hardhome, the Battle of the Bastards and blowing up the Sept of Baelor were all post-source material.
    Hardhome was actually not, it just didn’t happen in the books. He gets killed by mutineers after Hardhome, which is the last event in book 5.

    Either way, I do agree it’s not all bad after they ran out of source material but I do think there’s a clear change and it really jumps the shark in season 7, but the beginning of the shark jumping is the events surrounding Jon being resurrected.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  14. #536
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,472

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Hardhome was actually not, it just didn’t happen in the books. He gets killed by mutineers after Hardhome, which is the last event in book 5.

    Either way, I do agree it’s not all bad after they ran out of source material but I do think there’s a clear change and it really jumps the shark in season 7, but the beginning of the shark jumping is the events surrounding Jon being resurrected.
    In the books he's sent some boats to Hardhome. They've sent back a crow and asked for help via land, but he's been a victim of the stabby stabby before he could set out.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  15. #537
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,712

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    In the books he's sent some boats to Hardhome. They've sent back a crow and asked for help via land, but he's been a victim of the stabby stabby before he could set out.
    Correct
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  16. #538
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Expanse is great if you like hard science fiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I need to really try this, but I've bounced off of the first episode a couple of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You have to get to 2nd half of season 1. Season 2 is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Me too. Had me wondering what everyone was so excited about.

    Maybe I'll try it again.
    I just finished S5 yesterday after starting almost exactly a month ago. Definitely recommend it. Like RTG said, you have to get to Episode 4 of Season 1. Season 2 on, things really kick into gear, especially Season 3 which I thought was flawless from start-to-finish and one of the best TV seasons I've ever seen. Season 4 was also great, about on par with 2. Season 5 was good, although probably the most criticized season to date. For me, it's 3>4>2>5>1. Season 6 looks to be the last, which is too bad, because there are 9 total books and each season is an adapted version of one.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  17. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (03-16-2021)

  18. #539
    post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    11,686

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    “Behind Her Eyes” on Netflix. 6 parts. 45 minutes each. Breathtakingly good. The less you know about it before watching, the better.
    Alice Sweet's Tomato Plant

  19. #540
    Strategery RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Naples, Florida
    Posts
    16,727

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    “Behind Her Eyes” on Netflix. 6 parts. 45 minutes each. Breathtakingly good. The less you know about it before watching, the better.

    Wow!!!! Breathtakingly good is nearly an understatement!!!

    Thanks Chili!!! I probably wouldn't have watched it without your recommendation.

    I've never watched anything that would be so impossible to describe to someone before they see it.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ~ T.S. Elliot


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator