Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Please continue your discussion in this thread, as Part II has reached 1,000 posts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Not trying to be political here but Ken Burns' new series on the Vietnam War started last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Not trying to be political here but Ken Burns' new series on the Vietnam War started last night.
    How was the 1st episode. I think I will try to start watching it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    How was the 1st episode. I think I will try to start watching it.
    It was very good. It gave a history of colonial Vietnam. One of the most interesting things was in the waning days of WWII the U.S. OSS (forerunner of the CIA) went into Vietnam and the main person they dealt with was Ho Chi Minh who was very sick at the time. He was an ally for several years.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-19-2017),Roy Tucker (09-23-2017)

It was very good. It gave a history of colonial Vietnam. One of the most interesting things was in the waning days of WWII the U.S. OSS (forerunner of the CIA) went into Vietnam and the main person they dealt with was Ho Chi Minh who was very sick at the time. He was an ally for several years.
    I put the PBS app on my Amazon Firestick last night. They already have it available on their app. I will have to watch it. Most things Burns does are very good.
    I was very young when this war was going on. I have never really taken much time read about the specifics of it. I just know it was something we should have never been involved in and caused countless turmoil that still has effects today. Both of my brothers were prime age to be drafted back then, especially my oldest brother. Luckily neither were drafted. My sisters husband was drafted but was sent to Germany instead Viet Nam. He was very lucky.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 09-19-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I don't generally watch network dramas, but someone told me to watch season 2 of American Crime and it was excellent. I watched a little of season 1, but didn't think much of it. Season 2 was really good. There's a 3rd season as well that I may or may not watch.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I am going back and re-watching "The Office" on Netflix. I have seen probably every single episode multiple times but didn't start watching the series until I think Season 3 or 4.

The first season, granted it was a short season, was a little rough. Some funny bits, but Steve Carrell hasn't grown into his Michael character yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am going back and re-watching "The Office" on Netflix. I have seen probably every single episode multiple times but didn't start watching the series until I think Season 3 or 4.

The first season, granted it was a short season, was a little rough. Some funny bits, but Steve Carrell hasn't grown into his Michael character yet.
    Neither did his hair.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

11. Likes:

dougdirt (09-22-2017)

Neither did his hair.
    Oh his hair is AWFUL in the first season.

13. Likes:

Chip R (09-25-2017)

Saw the pilot of Ghosted. it's... meh.

The Orville is terrific.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I did this recently, but the opposite, because I had stopped in season 4 or 5. It held up through the end way better than I expected. Binging it probably helped. It was good background tv while working.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Saw the pilot of Ghosted. it's... meh.

The Orville is terrific.
    I had no intention of checking The Orville out after reading the first batch of critic reviews -- but more than a few people I'm friends with (who possess enough nerd-cred for me to take their opinions seriously) have really liked it. Plus, it got a thumbs up from Mike Freeman (NFL writer, formerly of CBS) who is a huge Trek nerd, so I'll probably end up checking it out soon.

Also caught the premier of the new Star Trek show last night. I thought it was really well done and am now angry that I'll be shelling out cash to get CBS's dumb streaming network so that I can watch the rest of the season.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

17. Likes:

TRF (09-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I had no intention of checking The Orville out after reading the first batch of critic reviews -- but more than a few people I'm friends with (who possess enough nerd-cred for me to take their opinions seriously) have really liked it. Plus, it got a thumbs up from Mike Freeman (NFL writer, formerly of CBS) who is a huge Trek nerd, so I'll probably end up checking it out soon.

Also caught the premier of the new Star Trek show last night. I thought it was really well done and am now angry that I'll be shelling out cash to get CBS's dumb streaming network so that I can watch the rest of the season.
    I watched the new Trek last night as well. Not sure about adding another streaming bill.

Maybe I'll move to England. Its on Netflix there.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Seth Macfarlanes scripts on the Orville have been great and the show is visually fantastic, he's also the worst actor, still a good show.

Nothing about the new Trek show made me want to run out and subscribe, I'll just wait it out, my guess is the 'Son of None' guy will turn out to be a time traveler.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I did this recently, but the opposite, because I had stopped in season 4 or 5. It held up through the end way better than I expected. Binging it probably helped. It was good background tv while working.
    I think I started watching in season 3 or 4. I am about half way through season 2 right now. I love binge watching a show like The Office because you can get 3 episodes in an hour.

I am awaiting the arrival of the Nard Dog, who I think was one of the best characters on the show. I think the show did a good job of handling the Jim and Pam relationship, even when that angle got a little stale. I remember being somewhat disappointed when Michael left, but I think I will find out that his character had pretty much been run out. It still is enjoyable, and even has me laughing out loud at times, even when I know what is coming.

Turn Off Ads?