Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Did you watch 'The Bridge?' (the US/Mexico version, not the European ones). He was spectacular.
    Haven't seen that one...or even heard of it. I usually watch most of what he's in, but I've skipped a couple of them. I may have to check that out.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Bridge, particularly S1, was great.

4. Likes:

Chip R (05-23-2023)

The euro version is much, much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The euro version is much, much, much better.
    I thought it was slow, but the plot was better.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I thought it was slow, but the plot was better.
    Sofia Helen’s character is much better written than Diane Kruger’s version imho

8. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (05-22-2023)

I enjoyed both versions however. There’s also an Asian version I’ve yet to see. I also enjoyed both versions of ‘the killing.

‘Trapped is another good European homicide thriller. And ‘the fall as well.

The Fall is really good
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The Bridge, particularly S1, was great.
    Based on this thread I watched about half of the first episode. Seems really interesting, but I cannot stand this lead female detective to the point I’m not sure I want to invest much into the show. Is she like this the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Based on this thread I watched about half of the first episode. Seems really interesting, but I cannot stand this lead female detective to the point I’m not sure I want to invest much into the show. Is she like this the whole time?
    Pretty much, there is a backstory to explain why she is the way she is.

I still recommend the European version if you can find it. If I remember correctly, I had to get it off my public library app.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Pretty much, there is a backstory to explain why she is the way she is.

I still recommend the European version if you can find it. If I remember correctly, I had to get it off my public library app.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/
    It's available on the TOPIC app, whatever that is, according to google.

The Diane Kruger character? I watched it when it came out so it’s been a while. I don’t remember being annoyed by her though.

For the history loving people, The History Channel will have a new documentary on FDR starting Monday evening. It's a three part series on successive nights. They did this about a year ago with Teddy Roosevelt and another before that on Grant. Both of those were very good IMO. So I am looking forward to this one. I just finished a biography about FDR so this will be a good follow up for that.

https://www.history.com/shows/fdr
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The Diane Kruger character? I watched it when it came out so it’s been a while. I don’t remember being annoyed by her though.
    I’m a few episodes in now and she’s fine. These shows sometimes like to exaggerate those qualities at the beginning of a show, but it’s clear now that she’s likely autistic, which would explain it. Good show so far.

17. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (05-30-2023),cincinnati chili (06-04-2023)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I’m a few episodes in now and she’s fine. These shows sometimes like to exaggerate those qualities at the beginning of a show, but it’s clear now that she’s likely autistic, which would explain it. Good show so far.
    Glad you're watching it. The show is darker than what I typically like, but I loved the first season. Your old friend is terrific. I'm glad you're coming around on Diane Krueger, as I grew to really enjoy her performance, as I did with the two journalists. I recognized Ted Levine (their captain) as the character actor from Monk. Didn't realize he's the same guy who played the serial killer in Silence of the Lambs. Nice career arc to be best known for playing a serial killer to the guy who catches them.
    Stick to your guns.

19. Likes:

Chip R (06-13-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Glad you're watching it. The show is darker than what I typically like, but I loved the first season. Your old friend is terrific. I'm glad you're coming around on Diane Krueger, as I grew to really enjoy her performance, as I did with the two journalists. I recognized Ted Levine (their captain) as the character actor from Monk. Didn't realize he's the same guy who played the serial killer in Silence of the Lambs. Nice career arc to be best known for playing a serial killer to the guy who catches them.
    It puts the lotion in the basket.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

21. Likes:

cincinnati chili (06-05-2023)

Turn Off Ads?