Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Hacks is sneaky great. It doesn’t hit you over the head with its prestige-ness and it doesn’t really look or sound that different from other medium-level good shows but it’s just so satisfying, smart, funny, and good. The relationship between the leads is wonderful and the side characters get interesting business to do.
    The whole show is really about the relationships between the characters and the subtle depth of each character that is not initially obvious.....very well written.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Chip R (06-02-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

The mid-season finale of Better Call Saul's final season just aired. Next episode is July 11th.

I gotta say, last season + the first half of this season ranks up there with some of the best TV I've ever seen.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

The 1st 2 episodes of Obi Wan were really good...especially the ending of episode 2. After the Book of Boba Fett failure I was hoping for better, Ewan McGregor definitely delivers a solid performance.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The 1st 2 episodes of Obi Wan were really good...especially the ending of episode 2. After the Book of Boba Fett failure I was hoping for better, Ewan McGregor definitely delivers a solid performance.
    Agreed, it's probably coming across more comedy like then they intended but it's worth coming back for.
    Go Gators!

Book of Boba Fett is a perfect example of greenlighting a show based on 1 thing and having absolutely no plan other than that 1 thing.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The new Stranger Things season is pretty good so far. Steve is one of my favorite tv characters.

Also, when did this mid-season finale thing start? It's annoying man. Either go one a week or just release the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Also, when did this mid-season finale thing start? It's annoying man. Either go one a week or just release the season.
    They did it because of how badly they are hemorrhaging subscribers. They are holding the last two episodes until July because they think once Stranger Things concludes they are going to instantly lose millions of subs. Which, is true. I know I’m going to unsubscribe when it finishes in July until The Witcher comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    We Own This City (Monday-HBOMax) - For anyone that was fans of The Wire.
    This was really good.

13. Likes:

Chip R (06-06-2022)

For those with Apple TV+, Season 3 of For All Mankind premieres this upcoming Friday. Just an amazing alternate-reality space race drama gets another layer- the race to Mars.

Also, if you haven't streamed Slow Horses- the story of a rag-tag, sometimes bumbling group of British MI-5 agents- it's amazing. Gary Oldman is astonishingly good, and the casting is nearly perfect.

Honestly, I keep figuring that the next thing I watch on Apple TV+ will be bad, but it's all been great so far.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The new Stranger Things season is pretty good so far. Steve is one of my favorite tv characters.
    Agreed, I always forget how good of a job the Duffer brothers do with ST. This season, especially ep 4, has been very good.

McGregor has been excellent, but that's part of where the show's veneer is cracking for me. He clearly outclasses the rest of the cast. I also think the fight scenes are poorly choreographed and the episodes are like 30 minutes long with 20 minutes of recap and post-show credits. Like you, after Boba Fett (really should be called "The Mandalorian- Interlude"), I was really hoping they'd jump the bar way up. Obi Wan is a better show, for sure, but some of the same issues persist.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    McGregor has been excellent, but that's part of where the show's veneer is cracking for me. He clearly outclasses the rest of the cast. I also think the fight scenes are poorly choreographed and the episodes are like 30 minutes long with 20 minutes of recap and post-show credits. Like you, after Boba Fett (really should be called "The Mandalorian- Interlude"), I was really hoping they'd jump the bar way up. Obi Wan is a better show, for sure, but some of the same issues persist.
    Agreed I wanted a little more depth on the Inquisitors wish they had done 12 episodes vs 6...for more character development.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Just finished Volume 1 of Stranger Things 4. Just really really enjoyed it. Exactly what this season needed to be.

I've fallen into the Letterkenny well, and now I'm all about super-soft birthday parties and fighting the menace posed by degens from upcountry. The show is a full wheel, snipe, celly.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

RichRed (06-15-2022),WrongVerb (06-15-2022)

Turn Off Ads?