Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I found the points that grabbed me in the first season were where it went beyond The Golden Compass. They're now fully beyond it in season 2 and I'm enjoying having no idea what's going to happen next.
    I have not read the books, but I'm interested enough that I'm going to.

This show has me hooked.

2. Likes:

M2 (11-28-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I discovered this weekend that there had been a TV show based on Fast Times at Ridgemont High with Patrick Dempsey, Courtney Thorne-Smith and 80's cultural artifact Dean Cameron. I completely missed it at the time. It only lasted 8 episodes, so it was easy to miss. I watched an episode just for curiosity's sake and it had a very Saved by the Bell feel to it. Yet the best part is the video was clearly digitized from an original VHS recording, so there was a promo for what was coming up later that night on CBS.

That's when I discovered T.J. flippin' Hooker was going to try to negotiate a peace in a trucker war, but the new female police commissioner was getting in his way. These were modern and relevant problems in the 1980s. Upon further investigation I have learned this episode also involved an orangutan. Now please explain me how THAT is not peak TV. If you made that exact show today it would be considered the greatest meta comedy of all time.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

757690 (11-30-2020),marcshoe (11-30-2020)

Knew what part Dean Cameron played without looking it up.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

M2 (11-30-2020)

An ex-girlfriend of mine ended up marrying Dean Cameron. One of my proudest life achievements.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

9. Likes:

M2 (11-30-2020),marcshoe (11-30-2020),RFS62 (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    An ex-girlfriend of mine ended up marrying Dean Cameron. One of my proudest life achievements.
    I always thought Stuart Fratkin carried Cameron. And please tell me you refer to your ex as Mrs. Chainsaw.

11. Likes:

757690 (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I always thought Stuart Fratkin carried Cameron. And please tell me you refer to your ex as Mrs. Chainsaw.
    Knowing them I wouldn’t be surprised if that is role playing they perform when things get stale.

Dean is a great guy, he fully realizes and understands how lucky he was and how grateful he should be for his mini-success. I am extremely happy for the both of them.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

13. Likes:

M2 (12-01-2020)

I'm watching Wayne on Amazon right now. Wicked good show.

Wife and I just finished rewatching The Leftover on HBO. Loved it this first time, was even better the 2nd. It's just pure brilliance from my perspective. I think it's now #2 on my all-time list behind The Wire.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Cobra Kai Never Dies.

17. Likes:

Larkin Fan (12-23-2020),M2 (12-22-2020)

Just finished watching Dexter on Netflix with the girlfriend. Any suggestions for what to watch next? We generally prefer something that has a storyline throughout the series, but it's not a requirement. Last few shows we watched were New Girl, Twin Peaks and one of those car restoration shows.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    Just finished watching Dexter on Netflix with the girlfriend. Any suggestions for what to watch next? We generally prefer something that has a storyline throughout the series, but it's not a requirement. Last few shows we watched were New Girl, Twin Peaks and one of those car restoration shows.
    Lucifer, on Netflix.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

20. Likes:

Powel Crosley (12-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Wife and I just finished rewatching The Leftover on HBO. Loved it this first time, was even better the 2nd. It's just pure brilliance from my perspective. I think it's now #2 on my all-time list behind The Wire.
    Carrie Coon was phenomenal all the way through. I agree it's brilliant but I don't recommend it to anyone. It's just so heavy.

It's also a weird one where the first season was probably the worst season? Even though I thought it was good then too, it took a big leap after.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Carrie Coon was phenomenal all the way through. I agree it's brilliant but I don't recommend it to anyone. It's just so heavy.

It's also a weird one where the first season was probably the worst season? Even though I thought it was good then too, it took a big leap after.
    Agree on each season getting better. I also wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone with so many highly sensitive things dissected and analyzed in a way that would make some people very uncomfortable, or even offended. It's a very layered show.

That episode on the boat with the lion cult, where Matt had his conversation with "god" may be the most brilliant episode of tv I've ever seen. Genius on so many levels.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Lucifer, on Netflix.
    Of course I told her she can watch that without me a month or two ago haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Agree on each season getting better. I also wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone with so many highly sensitive things dissected and analyzed in a way that would make some people very uncomfortable, or even offended. It's a very layered show.

That episode on the boat with the lion cult, where Matt had his conversation with "god" may be the most brilliant episode of tv I've ever seen. Genius on so many levels.
    That stretch of episodes I'm pretty sure was the last time I looked forward to a weekly television show with real anticipation. Like wake up Sunday morning and think "oh sweet The Leftovers is tonight." I've enjoyed plenty of stuff since then, but not with that kind of urgency.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?