Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    My biggest issue with all the shows I've been watching lately is that I find them completely ridiculous - Billions, Killing Eve, the Amazing Mrs. Maisel. They all basically want you to suspend your belief in certain aspects of the stories. I had the same issue with Homeland, and stopped watching after the 3rd season. While I may enjoy these shows, I don't think any of them are great because they all want you to treat them like they are a cartoon.

I'm only posting this here because my wife is tired of me complaining about aspects of each of these series when we watch them. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest...
    I am pretty good as suspending disbelief but sometimes the strangest things nag at me. I went from thinking Killing Eve was one of the best shows ever to thinking it’s merely a very good show, all because I didn’t buy into Sandra Oh’s character arc. Any positive fascination you have with a psychotic killer is going to end as soon as she kills your friend. I can buy into explosions, near deaths, and deus ex machina much more than I can buy into people not behaving the way people behave.
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Today in History, May 25, 1977: George Lucas’s ‘Star Wars’ premiered

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ed/3749130002/

4. Likes:

Kinsm (05-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I am pretty good as suspending disbelief but sometimes the strangest things nag at me. I went from thinking Killing Eve was one of the best shows ever to thinking it’s merely a very good show, all because I didn’t buy into Sandra Oh’s character arc. Any positive fascination you have with a psychotic killer is going to end as soon as she kills your friend. I can buy into explosions, near deaths, and deus ex machina much more than I can buy into people not behaving the way people behave.
    I think we've all got our threshold for how much belief we're willing to suspend. It's the most common reason for me ditching a show.... and it happens a lot. I wish it were otherwise.

Killing Eve crossed my line within a few episodes and I didn't get enough out of the other, fun elements to keep me engaged. Mrs. Maisel has come close, but there's enough I love about that show I keep watching.

Right now, I've just about run out of shows, so I'm having to reassess that threshold. I just finished watching Line of Duty, the british crime drama, and not long ago, I wouldn't have been able to finish it. But I kept going. I enjoyed it even if it wasn't Wire-like realistic.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

6. Likes:

cincinnati chili (08-15-2020)

This either caps off the best show I have ever seen or it crashes and burns. Stakes are high here.

6 days from Dark Season 3 and I have almost no idea what to expect. But i hope it caps off the best show I've ever watched. It is that good.

INDIEWIRE---

Disney+ is getting a new animated “Star Wars” television series from “The Mandalorian” director and “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” creator Dave Filoni.

The upcoming series, titled “Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” will follow the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War.

“Giving new and existing fans the final chapter of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ has been our honor at Disney+, and we are overjoyed by the global response to this landmark series,” Agnes Chu, senior vice president of content for Disney+, said in a statement.

Filoni will executive produce alongside Athena Portillo (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” “Star Wars Rebels”), Brad Rau (“Star Wars Rebels,” “Star Wars Resistance”), and Jennifer Corbett (“Star Wars Resistance,” “NCIS”). Carrie Beck (“The Mandalorian,” “Star Wars Rebels”) will serve as as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (“Star Wars Resistance”). Rau is also serving as supervising director, with Corbett as head writer.

While current events have halted most of Hollywood’s film and television productions, “Star Wars” fans will have more to look forward to before the upcoming “The Bad Batch” animated series premieres, as “The Mandalorian” Season 2 is still slated to premiere on Disney+ in October.

ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime is one of the best shows I've watched in the last year. Fans of Narcos or other type shows will enjoy. But this show seemingly has the budget of a blockbuster cuz it's beautifully shot.

Watched Arrested Development over the past month. Actually I hate watched the last two seasons because I was pot committed. Not my favorite series, really not my type of humor, but some things were enjoyable. I thought as the season GOB, Buster, and Tobias got too far into the weeds. One of them going off the reservation would have been funny, but all three was a little much for me.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Giri/Haji on Netflix was amazing. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/giri_haji/s01
    Stick to your guns.

Been binge-watching “Alone”, a survival show from the History Channel. Fun to watch these ultra-macho types get taken down a peg or two by Mother Nature.

Also, on the lighter side, does anyone else watch “Derry Girls” on Netflix? I find it really quirky and funny, although you have to keep closed captioning on because of the super-thick Irish accents.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

14. Likes:

757690 (09-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Been binge-watching “Alone”, a survival show from the History Channel. Fun to watch these ultra-macho types get taken down a peg or two by Mother Nature.

Also, on the lighter side, does anyone else watch “Derry Girls” on Netflix? I find it really quirky and funny, although you have to keep closed captioning on because of the super-thick Irish accents.
    Adored Derry Girls and absolutely had to use the close captions as well. And not just funny, it’s set against the backdrop of the IRA battle with the English in the nineties, so it has some subtle serious overtones.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

16. Likes:

cincinnati chili (10-03-2020),NebraskaRed (09-13-2020)

The Boys' Homelander on Amazon Prime is one of the most terrifying TV characters ever. The dialogue in every one of his scenes is so tense and uncomfortable, and he forces you to almost never relax when watching the show. Antony Starr is nailing this role.

18. Likes:

M2 (10-12-2020),RichRed (09-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The Boys' Homelander on Amazon Prime is one of the most terrifying TV characters ever. The dialogue in every one of his scenes is so tense and uncomfortable, and he forces you to almost never relax when watching the show. Antony Starr is nailing this role.
    It's been a long time since a TV character has made my skin crawl the way Homelander does.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

20. Likes:

Stray (09-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Giri/Haji on Netflix was amazing. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/giri_haji/s01
    That one was really good, but lost me the last couple of episiodes.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?