Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

They call me "chef"

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

If you want dumb fun, check out Safe. The Netflix cover images for it are really bad and make it seem like some weird pseudo-documentary series but it's a quick paced suburban thriller that takes place in the UK.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I didn't bother with Castle Rock because most Stephen King adaptations are so bad, but then I read it was decent and I gave it a go. It wasn't phenomenal but decent is a good word - the acting really elevates it (I'm not entirely clear on how Hulu got such an amazing cast together - they must really be spending money these days) and I'd recommend it if you're a King fan. Non-King fans who are into the genre would probably like it fine too, no King knowledge is really necessary for watching.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I didn't bother with Castle Rock because most Stephen King adaptations are so bad, but then I read it was decent and I gave it a go. It wasn't phenomenal but decent is a good word - the acting really elevates it (I'm not entirely clear on how Hulu got such an amazing cast together - they must really be spending money these days) and I'd recommend it if you're a King fan. Non-King fans who are into the genre would probably like it fine too, no King knowledge is really necessary for watching.
    It was really uneven and it never broke through into being a great show but the episode focusing on Sissy Spacek’s character was one of the best/affecting episodes of television I can remember and the balance of mystery and revelation around that late middle period was fun.

5. Likes:

marcshoe (12-28-2018)

It did have some moments, and I was overall pleased, but the next-to-last episode should have never been filmed (it had the germ of an idea that fit in the King multiverse, but didn't have the needed courage) and the ending was pretty So What. The Sissy Spacek episode was superior.

It was interesting that Scott Glen was playing a role previously embodied by his fellow Mercury 7 astronaut Ed Harris.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

They call me "chef"

We finally caught the last 3 episodes of Forever after slowly watching it over the last few months. It might be the most annoying show I’ve seen in a long time. The “hey, what if we did a whole episode with totally new characters you haven’t met before and NONE of the main characters? Isn’t that artistic and bold?” episode was actually the only decent episode of the series. That smug ironic detachment can go walk into the ocean in 2019 along with the faux-Louis CK TV autuer thing.

I was worried about but ended up enjoying Titans.

I remain confused as to why there are two episodes of Lucifer after what appears to be the season finale, and excludes characters that were there all season.

Krypton was terrific. Waiting on the latest season of The Expanse to post somewhere. I see it was picked up by Amazon after SyFy cancelled it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Watched Perfume on Netflix. If you ignore the awful subs and dubs, really it's like they used Google translate, the show was pretty good. It was extremely dark and graphic tho, definitely not for all. Quite enjoying the German kick on Netflix tbh. Dark is imo the best show on all of Netflix right now and Perfume was alright. Maybe I'll give Babylon Berlin a go now.
    Last edited by Stray; 01-07-2019 at 12:41 AM.

The new season of True Detective is off to a good start. Much better than season 2, anyway.

11. Likes:

Kinsm (01-19-2019),Stray (01-20-2019)

Surviving R Kelly has been interesting. I knew very little about him going in, but I’ve been shocked by what’s in this series.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The new season of True Detective is off to a good start. Much better than season 2, anyway.
    Season 2 should be erased from the Earth.

Yeah I'm a couple of eps into True Detective s3 and definitely interested. Feels like they just went back to the s1 outline tho. But I'm not complaining.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Season 2 should be erased from the Earth.
    How season 2 of that show came to pass should be the subject of a movie or a documentary, in the same vein as "The Disaster Artist" expository about Tommy Wiseau and "The Room."
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

They call me "chef"

I remember that one episode where there’s a shootout and then like a year passes and it ALMOST seemed like they had a plan the whole time and the season might be redeemed. And then it quickly sucked again.

Season 2 is like when a young band rejects their own early success and makes a dry, flat, dark second album. The fact that it isn’t appealing or good on purpose doesn’t make it appealing or good.

I never watched Season 2 of TD because of everything I heard about it. It sounds like it was even worse than season 5 of The Wire, or season 4 of The Killing.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I never watched Season 2 of TD because of everything I heard about it. It sounds like it was even worse than season 5 of The Wire, or season 4 of The Killing.
    I thought the first few episodes had promise but eventually you realized they had no real plan for how all 3 disparate main stories would integrate or pay off.

Turn Off Ads?