Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

I got back into Ozark. I watched the first 3 episodes, didn't like it, but lots of people are into it. Just finished S1 and glad I did, really solid.

Little Fires Everywhere is very good too. I'ts on Hulu right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Only one season left (that's if they are ever able to get back to production)....so that show should start feeling like Breaking Bad.
    It's a fantastic show. I love Jonathan Banks, but he's starting to show his age this season. I'm a little worried we won't get a final season.

The only problem with BCS is that it makes BB less realistic. It's just harder and harder to believe Walter White would have bested both Gus and Mike from what we've seen from them in BCS.

4. Likes:

Chip R (04-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I got back into Ozark. I watched the first 3 episodes, didn't like it, but lots of people are into it. Just finished S1 and glad I did, really solid.

Like Breaking Bad before it, Ozark got better once it started moving along.

My biggest problem with liking the show was getting over the fact that Jason Bateman was playing a serious non-comedic character. Once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Season 5 of Better Call Saul is really good - it's evolving into the Breaking Bad before Walter and Jessie show up. The last two episodes (there is one left in the season) have been great.
    Definitely one of the best seasons so far. I didn't love Season 4, but this one has been great.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Like Breaking Bad before it, Ozark got better once it started moving along.

My biggest problem with liking the show was getting over the fact that Jason Bateman was playing a serious non-comedic character. Once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
    It’s funny because Breaking Bad was also a show I bailed on early, but didn’t ever get back into and now regret.

It’s funny because Breaking Bad was also a show I bailed on early, but didn’t ever get back into and now regret.
    I watched season 1, took like a 2 year hiatus from it and then rewatched it after someone said it got better, I'm glad I did because it did.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Tales from the Loop on Amazon is a really interesting sci-fi anthology show.

It's pretty slow, quiet, and subtle, so know that going in.
    I just watched the first episode, and I'm in. When I was a kid in the early seventies and local stations had too much time to fill, I would sometimes watch slow, atmospheric movies that I could never fully understand. This reminded me of those films. When I tried to think of some specific films, I could only come up with two that were made around then but I saw much later--Walkabout and Picnic at Hanging Rock. There were more, though. Picnic is still one of my favorites and a large reason I became a Peter Weir fan. Even his bigger movies have a vague, haunted quality, as if someone decided to film a blockbuster while they were dreaming.

I hope the rest of the series follows in the same mood, and I have new hopes for The Batman, assuming it ever gets made. Oh, and a few years ago I spent some time fascinated with the works of the artist all this is based on.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

New season of Bosch is good, not as good as previous season but still worth a watch.

Prime keeps hooking me with shows, I almost spend more time there than Netflix anymore. ZeroZeroZero, Patriot, The Boys, Jack Ryan, The Expanse, Bosch, and now I'm totally hooked on The Night Manager, tho I'm just two eps in.

I hated the first two episodes of Ozark, terrible dialogue, so full of cliche’s and plot holes. But kept watch it for the same reason, and the third was decent, then it became a completely different show, like a smart, good show.

Turns out the creator, who’s a hack (he wrote “The Accountant”) wrote the first two episodes, then they brought in actual writers for most of the rest of the series.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    New season of Bosch is good, not as good as previous season but still worth a watch.

Prime keeps hooking me with shows, I almost spend more time there than Netflix anymore. ZeroZeroZero, Patriot, The Boys, Jack Ryan, The Expanse, Bosch, and now I'm totally hooked on The Night Manager, tho I'm just two eps in.
    I loved The Night Manager. It was on AMC or TNT or something 3 or 4 years ago. Hugh Laurie is awesome in it.

13. Likes:

Stray (04-20-2020)

I loved The Night Manager. It was on AMC or TNT or something 3 or 4 years ago. Hugh Laurie is awesome in it.
    Yeah Laurie was fantastic in it. Olvia Colman as Angela Burr and Hiddleston were both great too. Great miniseries.

Watched the first two episodes of "Mrs. America" on Hulu last night. It's really well done and the cast is awesome.

Rewatched Dark on Netflix and it was even better the 2nd (3rdish) time. Both seasons are 10/10s. The 3rd and final season *should* be released on June 27th if they stick to their story, which gives everyone two months to dive into this rabbit hole. It's totally worth it I promise.

This is the most well executed time travel story ever even attempted. Nothing has even tried to go this far before, yet they have nailed it for two seasons. Best short review that doesn't spoil it that I could find.

I've watched 3 episodes of Britain Sky's/Cinemax's Gangs of London over the weekend, if you like action this might be for you. Reminded me a little of the Jason Bourne movies.

Season 3 of Ozark is awful. The brother of Wendy is approaching Dexter’s sister level for bad acting. He ruined it for me. I’ll check back in next season.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?