Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Season 3 of Ozark is awful. The brother of Wendy is approaching Dexter’s sister level for bad acting. He ruined it for me. I’ll check back in next season.
    His story arc in that season is important though, moving Wendy along.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Season 3 of Ozark is awful. The brother of Wendy is approaching Dexter’s sister level for bad acting. He ruined it for me. I’ll check back in next season.
    Ended great. Probably one of the better shows going right now, but I think we're kind of in a lull for good television.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Ended great. Probably one of the better shows going right now, but I think we're kind of in a lull for good television.
    Yeah I thought Ozark was awesome. I actually thought the brother had some pretty solid moments acting wise in the last couple episodes too.

There is absolutely a lull though. Finished Ozark, Little Fires Everywhere and Schitt's Creek and it's been tough to replace them. Still have Top Chef, which has been awesome this season.

I also thought Ozark season 3 was great. Darlene Snell is now one of my favorite characters, and I didn't see that coming! It's always impressive when a show can change who you're "rooting for" over the course of its run. I mean, at this point do you REALLY think that baby is better off with Marty and Wendy than with Darlene?

Happily, I never got to see The Wire, so I'm starting to watch that on Prime. Glad to have that to tide me over until some new, good TV comes out. And who knows when that will be given the current situation.

I thought Ozark 3 was fantastic. I wasn't quite sure where the brother story line was going, but I thought it was important for Wendy's development. I actually like Darlene more when she was crazy!

I finished Parks and Rec last week. Just a few thoughts on the show.

Andy was my favorite character by far.
    I didn't really like the Chris Trager character. I thought they wanted him to be too much like Michael Scott. To add to that, I didn't like the Ann-Chris ending. I felt them getting together was forced and prior to what had been developing over the episodes.
    Ron was great because he was always the same person.
    I thought Jerry, April and Donna developed very well throughout the series.
    Leslie and Ben were spot on.
    I never really got into Tom. I thought he had his moments, but I never really liked his character.

Overall its my 3rd favorite comedy of all time, behind The Office and Big Bang Theory.

I forgot about Westworld. I thought Season 3 was pretty great, easily the best one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I finished Parks and Rec last week. Just a few thoughts on the show.
    I always thought the show was a conservative's wet dream of civil servants-lazy, over staffed, over paid, rude and not very bright. However I did enjoy it and have dvds sets for each season.

Finally got around to Luther. I enjoyed it, Alice was great, but Luther's character was pretty unbelievable at times. Overall it was good tho....I think the British accents won me over in the end.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Finally got around to Luther. I enjoyed it, Alice was great, but Luther's character was pretty unbelievable at times. Overall it was good tho....I think the British accents won me over in the end.
    LOVE this show. Love the Wire. Love Idris. Love Ruth Wilson. I bet few have seen it, but here's a great limited series where she plays the part of her real-life grandmother
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/shows/mrs-wilson/#
    She comes from a family with a story you couldn't make up and be believed.
    Stick to your guns.

11. Likes:

marcshoe (05-21-2020)

Started watching "The Great" on Hulu. It's a little quirky and goes back and forth from being very funny and very serious, but overall I'm enjoying it. The acting is top notch, they really lean into the vibe of the show.

My biggest issue with all the shows I've been watching lately is that I find them completely ridiculous - Billions, Killing Eve, the Amazing Mrs. Maisel. They all basically want you to suspend your belief in certain aspects of the stories. I had the same issue with Homeland, and stopped watching after the 3rd season. While I may enjoy these shows, I don't think any of them are great because they all want you to treat them like they are a cartoon.

I'm only posting this here because my wife is tired of me complaining about aspects of each of these series when we watch them. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest...

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    My biggest issue with all the shows I've been watching lately is that I find them completely ridiculous - Billions, Killing Eve, the Amazing Mrs. Maisel. They all basically want you to suspend your belief in certain aspects of the stories. I had the same issue with Homeland, and stopped watching after the 3rd season. While I may enjoy these shows, I don't think any of them are great because they all want you to treat them like they are a cartoon.

I'm only posting this here because my wife is tired of me complaining about aspects of each of these series when we watch them. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest...
    Taste might be the stronger determinant in whether you find Killing Eve's over-the-top elements and Mrs. Maisel's stage farce tone fun and entertaining. I haven't watched Billions but IMO neither KE or MMM purport to be showing us anything real or gritty and grounded (and I don't think TV or movies are inherently promising a gritty grounded reality) so I don't necessarily see the issue. Personally, I think KE is great and MMM is fun enough to watch when I run out of other stuff. Not a big fan of the stylized nature of MMM but it is well written and acted.

Lol, This is the way.

I've got a soft spot for The Last O.G. and I'm really enjoying the 3rd season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

Strikes Out Looking (05-22-2020)

I finally set up an iPad I bought about 2 years ago and started to use Amazon Prime Video. Watched the first Mrs Maisel tonight. Pretty good. I do recommend Prime's An Inspector Calls, the Suspicions of Mr. Whicher series, and Agatha Christie's Ordeal by Innocence.

Turn Off Ads?