Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Ted Lasso on Apple TV is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Humor and heart in abundance.
    Ted Lasso IS the best thing Ive ever seen.

Maybe Arrested Development is close....but as far as pure joy....it is hard to surpass.

I look at a show like Ted Lasso and think this is human beings and their creative nature at its finest. We have all this skill to make entertainment and when somebody gets it right, it looks like Ted Lasso.

- - - Updated - - -

2. Likes:

cincinnati chili (08-07-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Cruel Summer is a trashy, ridiculous, fun show.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Ted Lasso IS the best thing Ive ever seen.

Maybe Arrested Development is close....but as far as pure joy....it is hard to surpass.

I look at a show like Ted Lasso and think this is human beings and their creative nature at its finest. We have all this skill to make entertainment and when somebody gets it right, it looks like Ted Lasso.

- - - Updated - - -
    I want a Ted Lasso land at Disney where you can visit the stadium and his little street that he lives on.

6. Likes:

cincinnati chili (08-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (05-25-2021),RichRed (05-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    There is a writer on Twitter I follow....and he has bashed it every week.

For me, I enjoy it....I try and not look too deep into these Summer HBO series- they really just distract me from the crap....but he calls out lazy writing, and there is A LOT of it on that show.

But doesnt matter to me, I love it.
    Is it Andy Greenwald?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

It was a great show that drove itself off a cliff. But I'm all in for the come back.

HBO completely ****ting the bed with the mare of east town finale is so annoying and funny at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    HBO completely ****ting the bed with the mare of east town finale is so annoying and funny at the same time
    I didn’t mind it. Thought everyone’s motives at least made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I didn’t mind it. Thought everyone’s motives at least made sense.
    I was referring to HBO Max crashing right at the premier. I loved the episode.

Ohhhh ok, I didn’t hear about that. Didn’t watch it until last night.

They call me "chef"

I read your post and then, yesterday, I told a friend who finished it that I heard the finale was bad and they looked at me like . Which made me . Now I understand why. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I read your post and then, yesterday, I told a friend who finished it that I heard the finale was bad and they looked at me like . Which made me . Now I understand why. Lol.
    Haha sorry, I thought everyone was experiencing same thing I was, just assumed everyone was watching it as early as possible. My wife and I couldn’t wait. She usually goes to bed at like 10pm at the latest, so she stayed up late to watch it and it crashed lol. My post was at 10:29 and it still had not started

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Not really sci-fi, I don't think. Brilliantly written and filmed, multi-layered and complex.
    It was 100% science fiction.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    It was 100% science fiction.

Not sure I agree with that, in fact pretty sure I don't.

Did you like it?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Not sure I agree with that, in fact pretty sure I don't.

Did you like it?
    It's kind of like Game of Thrones for me. I watched it and can tell it was incredibly well done. It was a very high quality piece of television. So I can tell it was really good. But as soon as it was uncovered that the they are leaving their bodies and can go observe other people's lives, it kind of lost its appeal to me.

The twist at the end was super interesting and I can appreciate how clever it was. But the entire basis of the show was that one person can switch bodies with another person when they turn into these rays of light when they're sleeping. So when I say it's 100% science fiction, that's what I mean. And to be clear, calling something sci fi is not a criticism at all. I have often wished I could get more into the genre because there's so much high quality programming out there. But every time I watch one of these shows, no matter how good it is, I just can't get there. Maybe I just have no imagination. It completely loses me. That's why I have asked you more than once if a show is sci-fi because I know if it is, I'm probably not going to love it. I'm not closed minded to it, it's just the way I'm wired I guess....and my wife. She's exactly the same as me about this.

But for anyone else reading this who doesn't have my hangups about science fiction, this is an excellent show.

EDIT: after further thought, there are actually a couple of exceptions. 2 of my 3 favorite shows of all time are Lost and The Leftovers. I'm rewatching Lost right now with my son and it's definitely got science fiction elements to it. But to me, that show was always about the characters. The mysteries and fantasy elements of that show were just a device to develop characters. The Leftovers probably wasn't sci fi but the underlying premise that 140M people just disappeared could be considered that. But there wasn't anything sci fi like that was important to the rest of the show, which like Lost, was mostly a backdrop to explore certain aspects of human existence.
    Last edited by MWM; 06-03-2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The reason I didn't agree that it's science fiction is that it's not really science based, or future or advanced technology focused.

I saw it as a paranormal thriller.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?