Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Just saw the first episode of the new season of Mrs. Maisel. Forgot how high-end the visuals are on that show, also the location transformation. There's a brief scene in Washington Square Park where they take it back in time 60 years. Massive transformation for seconds of film. Can't say enough good things about that.

Yet there's a scene on the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island that's fully epic. Like, the sort of grand comedic artifice that would be at home in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. The whole Coney Island portion is great, but the Wonder Wheel is the kind of swing few take anymore.
    Love that show.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

M2 (03-03-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Just saw the first episode of the new season of Mrs. Maisel. Forgot how high-end the visuals are on that show, also the location transformation. There's a brief scene in Washington Square Park where they take it back in time 60 years. Massive transformation for seconds of film. Can't say enough good things about that.

Yet there's a scene on the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island that's fully epic. Like, the sort of grand comedic artifice that would be at home in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. The whole Coney Island portion is great, but the Wonder Wheel is the kind of swing few take anymore.
    It's very enjoyable. My wife likes it because of the outfits and she was a Gilmore Girls fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Anyone watching, "Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty" on HBO? I've seen both episodes so far and I really like it. John C. Riley plays Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss. The guy they have playing Kareem is a dead ringer for him at that age. They have Michael Chicklis playing Red Auerbach. It's got a very 70s theme.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

cincinnati chili (07-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Anyone watching, "Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty" on HBO? I've seen both episodes so far and I really like it. John C. Riley plays Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss. The guy they have playing Kareem is a dead ringer for him at that age. They have Michael Chicklis playing Red Auerbach. It's got a very 70s theme.
    I'm really enjoying it. The first episode was better than the second, but it's still good. I read someone describe the tone, the acting, the overall feeling of it as a "cartoon" (in a positive way), and that seems about right.

8. Likes:

Chip R (03-17-2022)

Currently hooked and binging Severance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Currently hooked and binging Severance.
    I’ve watched 4 or 5 episodes. It’s a bit slow and deliberate, but it’s intriguing. I’m absolutely going to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’ve watched 4 or 5 episodes. It’s a bit slow and deliberate, but it’s intriguing. I’m absolutely going to finish it.
    Yeah it's a bit slow, but such a unique idea I'm hooked. Finished episode 8 tonight and I'm sure there's a boatload of theories, but I'm gonna avoid googling and just wait for the next episode.

It's also cool to see Christopher Walken still acting. He's great as Burt, tho I'm still not entirely sure why Dylan hates him haha.

12. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (04-06-2022)

The Severance season finale is 10/10. Great first season.

The Severance season finale is 10/10. Great first season.
    Watched it last night and completely agree. The entire finale is absolute cannot look away television.

Great set up for season 2, which unfortunately is probably about a year away.

15. Likes:

Stray (04-14-2022)

Better Call Saul returns tonight 8-10:30 Central time AMC.

17. Likes:

Stray (04-18-2022)

Outer Range is either going to be really cool or terrible. They have me hooked enough to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbroznan View Post
    Better Call Saul returns tonight 8-10:30 Central time AMC.
    I waited two years to watch season 5 on Netflix and it was outstanding. I’m gonna have to shill out the 5 bucks or whatever to get the AMC streaming service so I can watch season 6 old-school-weekly style. I have a feeling season 6 is going to be some of the best TV ever made.

20. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-21-2022),RFS62 (05-01-2022)

Snowfall is worth watching if you are a fan of The Wire. It is a few ticks below but solid. It just finished its fifth season.

Outer Range is either going to be really cool or terrible. They have me hooked enough to find out.
    This is great, I don't really care if it pays off.

I actually sort of think I have the entire thing figured out already, but if so, that's ok. Brolin and Imogen Poots are really great in this.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I'm really enjoying it. The first episode was better than the second, but it's still good. I read someone describe the tone, the acting, the overall feeling of it as a "cartoon" (in a positive way), and that seems about right.

It’s fun but to turn Jerry West into a buffoon and not close to how he was deserves to be lambasted. It’s terrible. Not even trying to be factual at all. Always the excuse that they have to make it entertainment. It’s Hollywood. You don’t need to make S up about the 80s Lakers to make them entertaining.

HBO also has the Knick. I wish they would have taken over that show after Cinemax decided it was not high energy drama enough. I wanted more. What a great and informative show with so much of a well of possibilities to explore about medical tech and how health care evolved. People weren’t even required to wash their damn hands. They had no understanding about how diseases could spread.

Turn Off Ads?