Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Ted Lasso. Got around to watching it, finally. My wife and I wrapped up season 1 and we love it. It’s funny, clever, makes you feel good and it has great character development. I definitely recommend it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-02-2022),BuckeyeRed27 (11-02-2022),cincinnati chili (11-07-2022),Dom Heffner (01-17-2023),M2 (11-03-2022),Revering4Blue (11-01-2022),RichRed (11-03-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Andor very well may be the best show on tv right now.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Andor very well may be the best show on tv right now.
    Agreed the character development and story telling are spot on...after several duds Disney needed something like this for the franchise.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Agreed the character development and story telling are spot on...after several duds Disney needed something like this for the franchise.
    I am hoping they are learning a lesson and make a trilogy in this mold. Would be awesome. Doesn't even have to be spycraft and no jedi. It just needs to be more serious with consequences.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

1899 on Netflix was an interesting watch. I loved the writers' work on Dark, but this first season wasn't as great for me. Pacing was very slow for first half, but got much better in latter half. That said, there's still a lot to unpack and many q's as to where it's going. The Greek mythology references are obvious, and the Plato's Cave references explain a lot about the premise. The ending of this season will put a lot of people off, but I'll note that these writers finish after s3 (Dark and 1899), and it's hard to have a full grasp of the story till mid-late s3. Also, subs not dubs.

I just finished Dead To Me.

The 1st season was good, the 2nd aaah, but the 3rd and final season was pretty good. Just wasn’t the biggest fan of the ending

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

White Lotus isn’t exactly my kind of show (cringy-moment comedy full of spoiled loathsome people), but I still got hooked.
    Stick to your guns.

11. Likes:

RFS62 (12-29-2022),westofyou (12-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    White Lotus isn’t exactly my kind of show (cringy-moment comedy full of spoiled loathsome people), but I still got hooked.
    It’s basically the only show I watch when it’s actually on. Somehow S2 was better than S1.

13. Likes:

Betterread (12-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It’s basically the only show I watch when it’s actually on. Somehow S2 was better than S1.
    I must be in the minority, because everyone I know says they liked S2 better than S1, but I thought the first season was far superior. S2 was good, and I'll be looking forward to the next one, but S1's characters were way more interesting to me.

They call me "chef"

The end of season 2 dropped it below 1 for me. 1 had a stronger, tighter theme and more unsettling conclusion, IMO. I liked the characters and vibe of 2 better but it was a little more wacky at the end and also less tidy with actualizing its theme and the storylines.

16. Likes:

Mitri (01-17-2023)

Best Shot. It premiered in 2018.

Seems solid going by the 1st episode. Former Duke star Jay Williams serves as a mentor to kids on the basketball team in Newark Central in the inner city.

Jay grew up close to where I'm from and is close in age to me so hence the interest.

They call me "chef"

Well, HBO is giving the Last of Us their A+ prestige level effort. Everything was solid in the first episode, from casting/acting performances to production quality. My only criticism is that it reminded me of how colossally the Walking Dead squandered its own potential. The WD pilot was treated like elevated, serious TV and the show (to record success) became something very different and much less interesting to me.

19. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (01-17-2023),RedTeamGo! (01-16-2023)

That first ep of The Last of Us was 10/10. Very faithful adaptation so far. The car ride scene was phenomenal.

21. Likes:

Dom Heffner (01-17-2023)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Well, HBO is giving the Last of Us their A+ prestige level effort. Everything was solid in the first episode, from casting/acting performances to production quality. My only criticism is that it reminded me of how colossally the Walking Dead squandered its own potential. The WD pilot was treated like elevated, serious TV and the show (to record success) became something very different and much less interesting to me.
    The Walking Dead ran into a "how do we kill off the stars while keeping it interesting" dilemma-

They found out very quickly why the hero doesnt die very often in westerns.

It was must watch TV and then I looked at my wife and said, "I think Im out," and it was the whole Negan thing that did it.

They call me "chef"

I sat through that painful, awkward, meandering second season, and I had high hopes when they changed show runners and adopted a more cinematic horror style briefly and expanded Rick’s brutality in seasons three and four. There were flashes of what I thought the show should have been, especially on the episode Clear (I think it was called). But the show ended up settling in to a soapy hodge podge that often introduced and abandoned characters and storylines to a degree that was maddening to me.

Turn Off Ads?