Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Yellowjackets is two episodes into season 2 and I'm already re-hooked. The end of the second episode jumped all the way off the cliff (just watch it). We have now established these characters are capable of anything. Also, Christina Ricci has been doing this twitchy slow burn with her character that's surely going to go nuclear before this series ends.
    Watching narcos now but I am starting Yellowjackets after. I have heard nothing but good things.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So, I have to confess. I’ve been watching reruns of Young Sheldon. A charming little show.
    I do this as well as The Big Bang theory when I just want something easy to watch and can do other things and not miss what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    First half was good, second half was a huge disappointment to me. I am talking about Better call Saul responding to your answer to the quote.
    I think the effective end of the show was the episode where Kim leaves and Jimmy fully becomes Saul. I'd have preferred the epilogue veered toward Jimmy doing something brilliant and winding up somewhere less bleak.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think the effective end of the show was the episode where Kim leaves and Jimmy fully becomes Saul. I'd have preferred the epilogue veered toward Jimmy doing something brilliant and winding up somewhere less bleak.
    I choose to believe that the end of the show was when Saul negotiated his 7-year sentence, then served it, got out, started a family, wrote a book, and became an English professor at a small under-funded Pennsylvania college after assuming the identity of William Henry Devereaux Jr.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Really liked Beef on Netflix

The second season of Yellowjackets has been really uneven.

It feels like the show is at a point where it could be really great or really go wildly off the rails.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The second season of Yellowjackets has been really uneven.

It feels like the show is at a point where it could be really great or really go wildly off the rails.
    Haven’t watched the second season yet but my enthusiasm dropped significantly when, during the break, one of the actors on the show mentioned that they’re writing the story as they go vs. already having a road map in place for where everything will end up. IMO, to do the mysteries and question marks show format right, you need a road map. Without that overarching creative vision in place, the realities of how a TV show is produced and ran will inevitably lead to a disappointing, if not confusing and messy, resolution.

9. Likes:

NebraskaRed (05-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Haven’t watched the second season yet but my enthusiasm dropped significantly when, during the break, one of the actors on the show mentioned that they’re writing the story as they go vs. already having a road map in place for where everything will end up. IMO, to do the mysteries and question marks show format right, you need a road map. Without that overarching creative vision in place, the realities of how a TV show is produced and ran will inevitably lead to a disappointing, if not confusing and messy, resolution.
    Example: Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    They planned a five season arc - https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/ye...llowjackets-8/.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Really liked Beef on Netflix
    Need to see it. Girlfriend is aware that Ali Wong is my hall pass.
    Stick to your guns.

13. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (05-19-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Jury Duty on Prime (or Freevee? anyway, it's on Prime) is very funny.
    I love the rotten tomatoes page. 32% of critics didn’t like it. Only 2% of audience members didn’t like it. I’m not an “anti-critic” guy, but the audience is correct. It’s not only funny, but it’s one hell of an accomplishment. It could have fallen apart at several points in the show.

I think there are some critics that get really cynical about “gimmick” shows, make up their minds, and then fail to engage with the material. Loved this show. It will never happen because it’s got a bit of reality show stank on it, but I’d give it an Emmy nomination for best ensemble cast.

Highest recommendation . On both Freevee and Amazon (which apparently owns Freevee)
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Agreed on Succession. I'll miss that show when it's gone.

I've watched the first two episodes of Perry Mason, but I keep falling asleep. Like it's giving me narcolepsy. I'll try to watch the third one, but if it happens again, I'm not the problem.
    I really like Perry Mason on many levels. The history of LA that’s sprinkled into both Season’s is a big part of it for me. Sometimes, they have Perry or Della do things that are a bit impulsive and implausible for my taste, but I still like both characters a lot and the actors who play them. Love Shea Wiggam in everything. As a lawyer myself, I am fairly picky about courtroom stuff, but I only remember rolling my eyes a couple times.
    Stick to your guns.

Thank you to Westofyou and others who recommended Slow Horses. Great mixture of tension and humor. Gary Oldman’s character is disgusting but often hysterical.
    Stick to your guns.

17. Likes:

SteelSD (05-17-2023),westofyou (05-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I really like Perry Mason on many levels. The history of LA that’s sprinkled into both Season’s is a big part of it for me. Sometimes, they have Perry or Della do things that are a bit impulsive and implausible for my taste, but I still like both characters a lot and the actors who play them. Love Shea Wiggam in everything. As a lawyer myself, I am fairly picky about courtroom stuff, but I only remember rolling my eyes a couple times.
    I've enjoyed Perry Mason as well. It's solid quality TV. And Detective Holcomb is played by Cincinnati's own (and a high school friend of mine) Eric Lange.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

19. Likes:

cincinnati chili (05-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've enjoyed Perry Mason as well. It's solid quality TV. And Detective Holcomb is played by Cincinnati's own (and a high school friend of mine) Eric Lange.
    Did you watch 'The Bridge?' (the US/Mexico version, not the European ones). He was spectacular.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?