Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can not stress to you enough how much you need to watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. Brand new series about a 1950's housewife who has her husband leave her and the kids and she decides to become a standup comedian. It's incredible. The trailer for it isn't great, so if you watch that, just know that as someone who watched the entire first season, the trailer left me wondering if whoever put it together watched the series at all.

IMDB users rate it 8.9 out of 10 - which is incredibly high.
    Rotten Tomatoes critic score is 95. Rotten tomatoes user score is 96.

Start watching it. Tonight. It's the best show I've watched all year. It was more enjoyable than any movie I watched all year.
    After your recommendation and its Golden Globe wins, I watched the pilot with the wife last night. Quite good so far. I’m under strict orders to only watch with the wife, which means we may finish by 2020 if we are lucky. We’ve been midway through the latest season of The Americans for months. Those pesky spouses with too much ambition to watch TV!
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is there a way to stream The Americans?

My wife and I just finished Godless on Netflix last night. I thought it was fantastic. Jeff Daniels is just a fantastic actor who can play many roles well (Dumb and Dumber, Godless, The Newsroom) to name a few. But I thought they did a great job of casting, story development, as well as getting you hooked. It can be slow at times, but it drew me in and the last episode is great. A little unrealistic, but great none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is there a way to stream The Americans?
    Amazon has it if you've got Prime.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Chip R (01-09-2018)

There's legitimately too much good tv now. I don't have time to watch 1/10th of what looks good. I've been slowly working on Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Dark for a month, I've only seen two episodes of the new season of Black Mirror, and then there's easly 10+ shows like Godless that look good that I have in the queue that I won't get around to for years probably.

I wonder if this will continue or if we're in a bubble.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Amazon has it if you've got Prime.
    Great show but tough to binge. A show like that is best to watch a few at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    There's legitimately too much good tv now. I don't have time to watch 1/10th of what looks good. I've been slowly working on Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Dark for a month, I've only seen two episodes of the new season of Black Mirror, and then there's easly 10+ shows like Godless that look good that I have in the queue that I won't get around to for years probably.

I wonder if this will continue or if we're in a bubble.
    Speaking of bubbles, sadly, you have to add Netflix's Chewing Gum to the queue. My wife and I avoided it as much as we could but we finally buckled and it became one of our favorite shows.

9. Likes:

Redsfaithful (01-10-2018)

Dark really is that good. Worth the watch.

Just finished Wormwood last night. Errol Morris multi-part doc about MK-Ultra. I'm not sure the reenactments add much, but it's a fascinating story.

End of the ———- World was pretty interesting. Quirky. Fit my mood at the time. I’d watch it again. At 22 minutes an episode, it goes by quickly.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

For those like me who don’t have Showtime, Season 5 of Homeland just started streaming on Hulu
    Stick to your guns.

I guess I'd better catch up on Master of None before Netflix does something stupid.

Found myself a little bored by season 4 of Black Mirror. The pattern is really wearing thin. Oh no, some new technology has made life a nightmare!

16. Likes:

dabvu2498 (01-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Found myself a little bored by season 4 of Black Mirror. The pattern is really wearing thin. Oh no, some new technology has made life a nightmare!
    The third episode was so stupid I might be done. It was an outstanding show, but things run their course.

Weirdly, I think reality actually overran it. Now it feels incredibly quaint to worry about the things in these episodes.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I tried watching the first couple episodes of Fox's The Resident. Good Lord is it terrible. Do not watch.

Watched the first two episodes of AMC's The Terror last night. Fantastic, it has me hooked already.

20. Likes:

marcshoe (03-29-2018)

Turn Off Ads?