Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The TV Brand Thread

Re: The TV Brand Thread

I bought a 55' Samsung Curved Smart UHD 4K which was on sale back on Black Friday ($600) and folks...it's good. It looks obnoxiously big in my modest bedroom.

I did see the OLED TVs and I'll echo Kinsm, I wish I could justify that pricetag because it looks amazing.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm a Roku guy. But I wasn't sure how I'd like a Roku TV. As it turns out....I like it a lot. My other devices like DirectV and a computer are just channels. Once you open them you operate as normal. Makes switching inputs totally painless.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Was switching inputs painful prior to this? Were you being electrocuted?

Over the weekend I sprang for a Vizio 5.1 sound system.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-SB3...stem/151599706

36" inch sound bar, wireless subwoofer, with wired (to the sub woofer) back speakers. You do all the fine tuning with a phone app. I used to have a Surround sound system a long time ago, and could never get it quite right. I had this "right" in like 45 minutes. I'm a pretty happy camper.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I looked at the TCL 65" Roku TV yesterday. $700 and unbelievably thin.

Once we buy our new house, that's the first thing i get. even before appliances.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-03-2018)

Old 49 inch Samsung was looking faded--almost 7 years. I was looking around and saw this 55" TCL. Did the research and bought it for $349 on sale. 4K UHD and Roku. I never streamed much, but now I stream MLB, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and others. Picture is great and if the thing quits after a couple of years, I'm not out much. I have DeirecTV 4K, and the picture is unbelievable. I highly recommend it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

9. Likes:

TRF (04-05-2018)

Two months ago just before the Super Bowl, we bought a 65 inch ONN Roku Smart TV for $399 from Walmart.

In my opinion, great TV for the price.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?