Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9-24-17 Boston @ Cincinnati

Re: 9-24-17 Boston @ Cincinnati

Was it just me or did the umpire seem to have somewhere else to be when he rung up Winker?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-24-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Not Iglesias and not lately at all. No way. Even with his 2 inning stints. He has spaced him out well.
    Lorenzen sure but he has been off even before you could say he was overused.
    75 innings and multiple 6 out saves is a lot of work for a guy in a meaningless season. never saw the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    75 innings and multiple 6 out saves is a lot of work for a guy in a meaningless season. never saw the point of it.
    Fans complained when Price ever tried to use anyone other than Lorenzen and Iglesias in late innings.

Fans complain that Price used them too much....

6. Likes:

redsmetz (09-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Fans complained when Price ever tried to use anyone other than Lorenzen and Iglesias in late innings.

Not this fan.

Just watched the replay and if it touched the strike zone, it was only a "silly little millimeter." [most will not be old enough to get that reference]
    Last edited by redsmetz; 09-24-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The Reds clinch their third straight 90-loss season. Other than 2015-17, the only streak of consecutive 90-loss seasons in club history was 1930-34.

It's been 83 years since the Reds have been this inept.
    Good to we are experiencing the worst era in Reds baseball since WWII. I guess this is just payback since I was able to enjoy their best era in the 70's.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

Big Klu (09-24-2017)

I have a scoring question. On the wacky play, in the box score Billy was credited with a steal of 2B and then a CS at home. How could that be?

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Just watched the replay and if it touched the strike zone, it was only a "silly little millimeter." [most will not be old enough to get that reference]
    A silly millimeter longer, 101!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

13. Likes:

redsmetz (09-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Benson and Hedges old TV commercial..

15. Likes:

redsmetz (09-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I have a scoring question. On the wacky play, in the box score Billy was credited with a steal of 2B and then a CS at home. How could that be?
    No, he was originally credited with a SB of 2nd, and then advance to 3rd and home on the E. It was then changed to a CS of 2nd on the rundown, then a three-base error allowing him to score.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    No, he was originally credited with a SB of 2nd, and then advance to 3rd and home on the E. It was then changed to a CS of 2nd on the rundown, then a three-base error allowing him to score.
    I was looking at this box score which makes no sense.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=370924117

The explanation you give makes more sense. Although run downs should result in an out. I am not sure how a scorer can presume it should have. If Hamilton had been picked off and made it to second ahead of the throw, it would have been a SB. Suppose they had made several throws and he had safely reached second, would that have been a SB? I think he would have. I think because the throw to the pitcher was wide, Hamilton was assumed to be caught stealing. I am grappling with the logic.

Turn Off Ads?