Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 10-1-17 Reds @ Cubs 3:20 PM ET

Re: 10-1-17 Reds @ Cubs 3:20 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Is that the same Buster Olney who is an meteorologist who tweets about hurricaines about 10 Times a day?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Today's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game is Deck McGuire, who pitched 5 innings allowing no runs on 2 hits with 2 K's to earn his first major-league win, and also had a run-scoring groundout for his first big-league RBI.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-01-2017),redsmetz (10-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Is that the same Buster Olney who is an meteorologist who tweets about hurricaines about 10 Times a day?
    Not a fan but hard to disagree with him on this one.

At least Olney didn't go as far as Steve Rosenbloom who not only said 'The Reds stink" but also said they were "stupid" and "gutless".

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...30-column.html

I'll defer to the experts on that one.

He ain't wrong.

Not a fan but hard to disagree with him on this one.
    I just think it’s a bit excessive for a baseball guy. The hurricaine situation sucks all over the place - I feel that. I know he is just showing that he cares but it’s “boring” soft news coming from a baseball insider. Keith Law tweets about extra stuff all the time but he is entertaining.

I’m not trying to downplay anything about the hurricanes. But even though Olney is human being, not just a baseball guy, I wish he would tone down the reports on the weather. I guess there’s no way I can say this without sounding like an arse.

(I don’t even know if you were speaking of the hurricaine tweets or the Reds stinking - the latter obviously is correct)

On pace for 68-94.

Reds show no improvement from last season, finishing​ with an identical 68-94 record.

This is third consecutive last place finish for the Reds. Only two other times have the Reds ever had consecutive last place finishes: 1931-34 and 1982-83.

It is also the third consecutive season of 90+ losses by the Reds. The only other time the Reds have ever had consecutive seasons of 90+ losses was 1930-34.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

At least Olney didn't go as far as Steve Rosenbloom who not only said 'The Reds stink" but also said they were "stupid" and "gutless".

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...30-column.html

I'll defer to the experts on that one.
    I remember that guy. He was, without any knowledge whatsoever, ripping a manage who's never thrown at opponents at all AND a relief pitcher who can't control his pitches to save his life. Pro journalism.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    He ain't wrong.
    It made me laugh a bit. His reason for not picking Votto is, basically, he plays with Sal Romano (and a bunch of other dudes just like him).
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Even though this was another bad season I will still miss it. I miss the every dayness of it and looking forward to another game. Although I didn't look forward as much this season as I had in a long time. It's another mark in time too. I have seen 46 seasons now and that just means I am getting much older myself. I hope I can still be around when the Reds do turn it around someday.
    There was some promise in the younger starting pitching at the end of the season. Maybe a couple of them will blossom next year. If the ownership will go out get a decent veteran starter to go with Bailey and the other young starters next year should be better. Probably not a contender but maybe approach .500 baseball. Hope springs eternal by March and I hope we will have a reason to be more hopeful in 2018. See you back in the game threads in April of 2018.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?