Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs - are they real?

Kansas City Chiefs - are they real?

I'm a big Chiefs fan - my allegiance in football goes to my current hometown because we moved from Cincinnati just a couple years after the Bengals arrived so I never formed the childhood attachment to them like I did the Reds.

The Chiefs are now 4-0 and surprised the heck out of me last night - the way they played early I thought the 'Skins would own them but Hall is for real and Smith is playing like his career depends on it (and it does). Interested in hearing any comments, good or bad....how do you think the Chiefs stack up? Is this finally Reid's year to win a SB or does his team get punted in the playoffs again? The Chiefs have been a lot like the Bengals since Reid arrived - get to the playoffs about every year but get bounced early.

I think the defense is real but the loss of Berry hurt - Mitchell is not close to an adequate replacement, the O line is battered already and probably in the second half of lines when healthy but the weapons on offense are there. Smith is really good scrambling which helps mitigate the line shortfalls, but is it enough all together?
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 10-03-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kansas City Chiefs - are they real?

I think they're pretty good. The win over NE doesn't look quite so impressive now that it's clear the Pats have lost a step (or four). None of the rest of the wins have been particular things of beauty, either, but they were all wins. That's all you can ask.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

One thing is for sure about the Chiefs.........their HC can coach. Always was a big fan of him. I think your team is just fine.....and will be in the hunt for a Super Bowl appearance.

New England's defense is legitimately average at best, maybe downright bad. Could easily be Kansas City's year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

You can bet no matter how good they are, by starting this thread you have cursed them into some sort of losing streak
    Go Gators!

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-03-2017),Boston Red (10-03-2017),RedlegJake (10-05-2017)

The Chiefs can annually plug-and-play a RB who goes for 150+ total yards every week.

Their Defense is once again formidable. Alex Smith opening up is the only thing they've been missing, and now they have it.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

They are a very good team and have as good of a shot as anyone. That said, WAS almost beat them at home without Josh Norman for the 2d half. They have a great offense and Kelce's a beast. But they haven't win a playoff game since RFS was a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I am a Chiefs fan because of my fellow Rrrrrrrockets alum, Kareem Hunt.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    You can bet no matter how good they are, by starting this thread you have cursed them into some sort of losing streak
    And prophecy is fulfilled. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They are a very good team and have as good of a shot as anyone. That said, WAS almost beat them at home without Josh Norman for the 2d half. They have a great offense and Kelce's a beast. But they haven't win a playoff game since RFS was a baby.
    RFS must still be a baby then. The Chiefs won a playoff game 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    RFS must still be a baby then. The Chiefs won a playoff game 2 years ago.
    They beat the hell out of the Texans.....correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    They beat the hell out of the Texans.....correct?
    you would be correct.

Whew! 2 losses, including a heartbreaker to Oakland where they choked late. The Chiefs defense without Eric Berry is suspect, though. Mitchell is a dumpster fire and Peters is a gambler - yeah he gets interceptions but he also gets beat at times when he cheats trying for I's. Thankfully they beat Denver to stem the losing but the Broncos offense is woeful. I'd really be fearful of a team with a potent offense, like Seattle. My dual loyalty always has me hoping for a Reds Royals WS, or a Bengals-Chiefs AFC title game. Just my luck my second hometown, and my birth place and childhood home are both small market teams, always cutting payroll. Better chance of that Chiefs-Bengals matchup though, than ever seeing the Royals and Reds rise in the same year...
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Whew! 2 losses, including a heartbreaker to Oakland where they choked late. The Chiefs defense without Eric Berry is suspect, though. Mitchell is a dumpster fire and Peters is a gambler - yeah he gets interceptions but he also gets beat at times when he cheats trying for I's. Thankfully they beat Denver to stem the losing but the Broncos offense is woeful. I'd really be fearful of a team with a potent offense, like Seattle. My dual loyalty always has me hoping for a Reds Royals WS, or a Bengals-Chiefs AFC title game. Just my luck my second hometown, and my birth place and childhood home are both small market teams, always cutting payroll. Better chance of that Chiefs-Bengals matchup though, than ever seeing the Royals and Reds rise in the same year...
    To be honest, your Chiefs are doing just fine. They looked better before that short skid they went into. But what AFC team hasn't? Keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Don't know what you're seeing about Peters. He's only given up 3 catches for a total of 17 yards the last two weeks, 7 catches for 43 yards and no TD's the last three weeks. On the season, he's given up 16 catches for 162 yards and three TD's, those three TD's occurring in his 2nd and 3rd game of the season. He's forced two fumbles, returning one for a TD, while picking off three passes for 63 yard, giving him a net yardage of 99 given up without including the fumble return. He has 17 Interceptions, 4 Forced Fumbles, 51 passes defensed and 3 TD's in 2-1/2 seasons to start his career. That is Hall-of-Fame worthy. They don't get any better than Peters.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?