Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
Two of those on your reading list I have read and are very good. The Andrew Jackson book and Crazy Horse and Custer. The latter is really,really good. That was one that was hard to ut down after getting started.
I will have check aout that Trail of tears book. I think I would like that a lot too.

I finished reading a biography on George Washington by Thomas Flexner. It was excellent. He wrote a four volume set on Washington's life but later came out with a condensed version which was this one I read. You might want to check that one out if you haven't already.

I'm like you I mainly only read history or biography's. Also like baseball history. You can learn a lot of American history in one of those if it it well written. I am currently reading Root For the Cubs. It's about Charlie Root and the 1929 season. So far it seems really good with a lot of historical happenings from around 1929 included. The only fiction I have read in recent years are the classics. I like Dickens and I think I am going to start Oliver Twist after I am finished with the baseball book I am on now.
Try to stay away from spoilers.

btw, I have the Boone book sitting in my bathroom right now, but I just haven't had time.