Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Part II: Electric Boogie-lu

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season Part II: Electric Boogie-lu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I dunno how the last 2+ minutes is going to go, but Embiid just made a move that would make Hakeem Olajuwon blush.
    I think he had about half a dozen of those.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'd love to see that. Unfortunately, I think Hollywood is guiding LeBron's thinking more than basketball.

You know who'd be great in Philly? Marcus Smart. Boston's not going to let that happen, but that team needs a lock-down guard who can move the ball.
    Maybe. He’s still the best player in the league. The Hollywood stuff is maybe a side thing, but the LA rumors are there because they think they can form a super team.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Maybe. He’s still the best player in the league. The Hollywood stuff is maybe a side thing, but the LA rumors are there because they think they can form a super team.
    And he owns a house there. Someone's got to sell Bron some property in Bala Cynwyd to get some Sixers rumors going.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2017)

He’s insane. I don’t remember anyone like him. He’s better than Anthony Davis. I’m not old enough to remember Olajuwon that well, but I don’t recall him being as good with the ball and passing.

- - - Updated - - -

And he owns a house there. Someone's got to sell Bron some property in Bala Cynwyd to get some Sixers rumors going.
    Everyone in the league owns a house in LA.

He's starting to get his game legs. Two nights ago, Embiid flat out destroyed DeAndre Jordan.

If he's going to be getting 35 min per game going forward, I expect Amir Johnson to be dealt or even waived soon. His last four games have resulted in a +/- of -8, DNP, -19, and -10 with an average of @10 minutes per game. Now, +/- can be influenced by who a guy is playing with, sure. But Amir has actually earned those by not being able to guard anyone and hasn't been able to all season long. It's train-wreck level at this point.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2017),M2 (11-16-2017),Revering4Blue (11-16-2017),Tom Servo (11-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    He's starting to get his game legs. Two nights ago, Embiid flat out destroyed DeAndre Jordan.

If he's going to be getting 35 min per game going forward, I expect Amir Johnson to be dealt or even waived soon. His last four games have resulted in a +/- of -8, DNP, -19, and -10 with an average of @10 minutes per game. Now, +/- can be influenced by who a guy is playing with, sure. But Amir has actually earned those by not being able to guard anyone and hasn't been able to all season long. It's train-wreck level at this point.
    Big credit to Colangelo if he can get anything for Amir or Okafor.

Here's a question for the gallery: could the Sixers put together an offer that gets them Kemba Walker? I assume Fultz has to be in there, but do they have the other pieces to make it happen?

Big credit to Colangelo if he can get anything for Amir or Okafor.

Here's a question for the gallery: could the Sixers put together an offer that gets them Kemba Walker? I assume Fultz has to be in there, but do they have the other pieces to make it happen?
    Fultz, Stauskus, Okafor and the Kings or Lakers pick maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Joel Embiid is #good
    "Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid became the first player in NBA history to put up 46 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists and seven blocks in the Sixers' 115-109 victory in Los Angeles last night."
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

He's so freakin strong -- that's what impressed me.

M2--- Fulz can't be put in a trade --nobody knows what the heck is going on with that shoulder --why would any team take that on. If that blows up in your face as a GM you lose your job. Heck, i ain't sure Fulz knows what's wrong with his shoulder. Also -Kemba needs the ball a lot (part of that may be because he has to have it a lot on that team) --if i was Philly i'd want it in Simmons hands anytime he can get it --so he can figure out some things with re to the other players on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    M2--- Fulz can't be put in a trade --nobody knows what the heck is going on with that shoulder --why would any team take that on. If that blows up in your face as a GM you lose your job. Heck, i ain't sure Fulz knows what's wrong with his shoulder. Also -Kemba needs the ball a lot (part of that may be because he has to have it a lot on that team) --if i was Philly i'd want it in Simmons hands anytime he can get it --so he can figure out some things with re to the other players on the court.
    That's today. Assuming Fultz comes back in the next month or so, that would leave plenty of time for him to show some sea legs before the deadline. Charlotte's got to consider moving Walker this winter. He's a free agent after next season and may not want to stick around on a club that can't get its act together. Whether Philly can make the best offer I don't know, but a dynamic scoring guard certainly seems like a good fit for that team.

Fair point about whether Simmons and Walker fit together, though they both seem like willing ball-movers.

Warriors at the Celtics tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    OKC is now 0-5 versus the Northwest Division.

Despite OKC playing very good team defense this season, all of the problems I said they would have they are having for the reasons I mentioned.....the egos of George, Anthony and Westbrook.

OKC falls apart offensively the last five minutes of every game that's close because each of them wants to be the Star.

As Reggie Miller correctly pointed out (when does he not correctly point things out?), ball movement stops and it's all one-on five. He also mentioned that it's still early, but if they are still playing this way seven weeks from now (January 2nd), then there's real cause for concern. My take was that it would take them too long to figure it out and they will miss the playoffs because of it and finish last in the Northwest Division, though only about four or five games from first.

Like the Cavs, they aren't just going to be able to turn on a switch. The league is too strong now to make a long second half surge.

Cleveland and OKC will both miss the playoffs (unless Rose misses 40+ games, then Cleveland has a chance).
    I generally find your post on the NBA pretty knowledgeable, nut saying the Cavs won't make the playoffs is pretty laughable. Especially in the East!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Warriors at the Celtics tonight.
    Jaylen Brown sparked a 19-0 run in the 3rd quarter to get Boston back into the game and then Kyrie finished it off. I'm kind of stunned. Kept expecting the Warriors to close them out and it never happened.

17. Likes:

Chip R (11-17-2017),goreds2 (11-17-2017)

Interesting season early on. Few random observations...

I don't think Cleveland's problems are something they're just gonna randomly fix. Lebron is still Lebron and can will any 4 guys to wins, but they're horrible defensively and that won't get better when Thomas gets healthy. I just really don't see them coming out of the East this year. I like Boston and Washington more. Detroit is sneaky good as well if Jackson stays healthy. Philly is by far the most exciting team in the East but I don't think they're ready to beat Stevens' coaching or Lebron.

In the West I love the Wolves. I think they're just gonna keep getting better as they get more experience with each other. If Towns can even play something close to average D they can be so good, and against a team like the Wars, I'm not sure his D even matters so there's that. As for the Spurs, they'll make the playoffs but even with Kawhi this team isn't gonna do much in this western conf. Pop can coach, but he can't make up for the talent improvements all the others made. OKC and Houston are kinda unknowns for me still. Oh and the Pelicans are by far the most backwards team ever, but it's entertaining and fun to watch. Literally everything goes through their two bigs, the other guys just there to help out. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. They're gonna be like a 7/8 seed and will give someone fits in the first round.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-17-2017)

The Rockets put up 45 in the first quarter. It felt so good that they put up 45 more in the second quarter as well. They lead 90-65 at half. Sure, it's Phoenix. But still.

21. Likes:

goreds2 (11-17-2017)

Turn Off Ads?