Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Sec! Sec! Sec! Sec! #7

Re: Sec! Sec! Sec! Sec! #7

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'll put it this way. I will be shocked if it is at least not a very close game.

SEC should be ashamed at the schedule they have this week. I know you need a break from the SEC wars but really, The Citadel? Idaho? Come on you go do a little better than that.
    I’m hoping Stoops will open up the QB competition.

This is a game Kentucky “should” win and Terry Wilson is broken. See what Gunnar Hoak and Danny Clark can do with a week of reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The SEC needs to go to a 9 game schedule.
    The problem is that it's all in one week. The powers that be should explain to the schools that they ought not all schedule Homecoming games the same week 'cause it hurts ratings. Having said that, I hope Tenn-Missouri put up a game worthy of national TV

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The problem is that it's all in one week. The powers that be should explain to the schools that they ought not all schedule Homecoming games the same week 'cause it hurts ratings. Having said that, I hope Tenn-Missouri put up a game worthy of national TV
    Really not my point bro. The SEC should go to 9 conference games. Do away with most of those schools scheduling 4 "chippys".

Really not my point bro. The SEC should go to 9 conference games. Do away with most of those schools scheduling 4 "chippys".
    I have no problem with that but I still want teams to make an effort not to all schedule chippys the same week

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m hoping Stoops will open up the QB competition.

This is a game Kentucky “should” win and Terry Wilson is broken. See what Gunnar Hoak and Danny Clark can do with a week of reps.
    I agree, it's time to see what these other two can do. It really can't be much worse.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I have no problem with that but I still want teams to make an effort not to all schedule chippys the same week
    Take that up with the SEC office. LOL

The only people who care are fans of other conferences namely because Alabama is playing the Citadel.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hey SR, we both need to put those orange glasses down!

Nice beatdown by Missouri yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Nice beatdown by Missouri yesterday.
    I am still in shock.

I picked 'em to lose this week. There's no Orange glasses for me. I never thought Missouri was a good matchup for them.

I said at the beginning of the yr that a good season would be 6-6 and a Bowl bid. It's not too much to ask for them to beat Vanderbilt next week and do exactly that. They'll have nearly half the fans at that game in Nashville. If they can't win that one then they don't deserve a Bowl bid.

- - - Updated - - -

I am still in shock.
    No shock here. I felt the same way about that game going into it as I did going into the Bengals game last week vs N.O.

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'll put it this way. I will be shocked if it is at least not a very close game.

SEC should be ashamed at the schedule they have this week. I know you need a break from the SEC wars but really, The Citadel? Idaho? Come on you go do a little better than that.
    Kentucky won easily. It was a two score game and that's after a late 4th qtr TD by MTSU. I grant you that they still underachieved but that's because they're not very good. Just look at what happened to UK's previous opponent in Knoxville yesterday? This is a historically bad UT Volunteer team and they beat UK easily. And I'm supposed to believe this is a good UK team? I'm not seeing it. To their credit, they managed to eek out a win vs FL. Other than that it's been typical UK football.

Kentucky won easily. It was a two score game and that's after a late 4th qtr TD by MTSU. I grant you that they still underachieved but that's because they're not very good. Just look at what happened to UK's previous opponent in Knoxville yesterday? This is a historically bad UT Volunteer team and they beat UK easily. And I'm supposed to believe this is a good UK team? I'm not seeing it. To their credit, they managed to eek out a win vs FL. Other than that it's been typical UK football.
    They didn't win easily. If MTSU hadn't have given them two TD's in the first qtr they may well have lost. It was a one TD game with under 10 minutes to go. For UK this is a great team. But on the national scale they aren't on par at all with the top tier teams. Their defense was great early on but injuries have slowed them down quite a bit. Two of their better defensive players are playing with broken hands. Still if they can beat a very poor UL team they should go to a fairly major bowl. For UK football that's tremendous and I will take that anytime.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-20-2018)

Turn Off Ads?