Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sec! Sec! Sec! Sec! #7

Re: Sec! Sec! Sec! Sec! #7

Oh boy, Nick Fitzgerlad's leg looks bad.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh boy, Nick Fitzgerlad's leg looks bad.
    That’s an understatement.

Wish I hadn’t seen that.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That’s an understatement.

Wish I hadn’t seen that.
    I feel very bad for the guy. He might never be the same on those wheels and its a huge part of his game. I've seen some people claim that it was a dirty hit because the defender seemed to roll up on the ankle. But Frankly, I've seen Ole Miss tackle this year. There's no way anyone on their defense could make contact with that kind of intent and precision.

Football is a brutal game and in this day and age of uber athletes, it's amazing that any player, let alone a skill position guy, makes it through a season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    * Raises hand *

He's already employed by a CFB blueblood. Other than in-State rival Florida, the remainder of the jobs likely to open are considerably worse jobs than FSU.
    He'd come to Auburn or to Alabama. We'll see which job opens first.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    This is a joke. Talk about delusional fans/alumni...

Though their program is currently in better shape than the Longhorns, A&M is a wannabe blueblood, unlike their rivals in Austin. If you expect 9 plus wins a year, why leave the Big 12 for the SEC?

UCLA and Arizona State -- Todd Graham will likely be given the heave-ho -- seem like natural fits.
    It disn't help him by starting off like a shooting star. He really had only one way to go and unfortunately he hasn't been able to do what it took to consistently stay a contender. Gus is/was in the same boat. There's zero reason why either guy shouldn't be in the playoff picture every November with the recruiting base and resources available to their programs.

8-5 aint good enough considering the investments made especially when Texas, Baylor, Tech, Houstan etc can't seem to step up on his watch.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-24-2017)

Mississippi State knows Dan Mullen is a pretty hot commodity these days and is prepared to “go all in” to try and keep him in Starkville, a source told SI Friday morning. The 45-year-old Mullen is already getting paid $4.5 million, but word is the school is willing to bump him up to around $6 million and also making an even stronger financial commitment to his staff.
    https://www.si.com/college-football/...arousel-rumors
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-24-2017)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It disn't help him by starting off like a shooting star. He really had only one way to go and unfortunately he hasn't been able to do what it took to consistently stay a contender. Gus is/was in the same boat. There's zero reason why either guy shouldn't be in the playoff picture every November with the recruiting base and resources available to their programs.

8-5 aint good enough considering the investments made especially when Texas, Baylor, Tech, Houstan etc can't seem to step up on his watch.
    Striving for 9 plus wins annually is all fine and dandy. But unless you're a school that's in a fortunate position to select, rather than recruit (Ohio State, Alabama, for example), it's not realistic to expect such a season every year. There are just too many variables at work.

If Mullen or a coach of his caliber can be persuaded to make the move to College Station, then, yes, that's more than a justifiable gamble. Gambling that SMU's Chad Morris is the second coming, as many Aggie fans via the internet seem to believe, that's not so much of a justifiable gamble, as you already have a coach who has won more than 12 games in a season before.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I’m torn on going all in on him. Was his high water mark 2014? If money isn’t an issue, I suppose you keep him. But when do you stop?

Bielema fired.

Bielema fired.
    If you ever wanted to see the Gus Bus depart The Plains, this would be it.

I think it will be Mike Leach.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If you ever wanted to see the Gus Bus depart The Plains, this would be it.

I think it will be Mike Leach.
    Jimmy Sexton can't stop talking about Arky and raises.

Bielema fired.
    On the field after the game, that's as bad as Lane being left at the airport.
    Go Gators!

Florida is looking at Scott Frost, but could be facing competition as Nebraska is expected to can Mike Riley.

If Dan Mullen stays put or looks at Rocky Top, what about Dana Holgorsen? He has been mentioned.

Florida’s biggest complaint has been the QB position, and Holgorsen has gotten more out of Will Grier than McElwain did. He would need to be paired with a top defensive coordinator for it to work though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the season of SEC firings, you gotta throw some props to a guy who saved his job in the form of Barry Odom at Mizzou. From 1-5 to 7-5, they might not have faced murderers row but they could easily have gone off the rails after that start.

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-25-2017),Revering4Blue (11-25-2017)

Looks like there might be close to 80,000 people outside Jordan-Hare after this place fills up today. Gonna be loud inside and out.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

21. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-26-2017),Revering4Blue (11-25-2017)

Turn Off Ads?