Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Louis C.K.

Re: Louis C.K.

Well here's an article that discusses this very subject. Why do these men do this? I see nothing about a two thirds figure but it is kind of mystery and various experts have their own explanations.

Unfortunately, Cantor said that it’s hard to know what causes the behavior in men: They can spend years in therapy trying to figure it out. Dr. Prudence Gourguechon, former president of the American Psychoanalytic Association, told CNN that she thinks it comes from a “wish to be looked at and admired.”

Gourguechon also has a theory that the behavior allows for “a kind of strange plausible deniability.” As she explained to CNN, “He could think to himself, ‘Well, I didn’t rape anyone,’ which is true in the broader sense, but it is a twisted defense.”
    But they are saying that guys like CK doing this sort of thing are suffering from a disorder:

Are you surprised to learn that masturbating in front of someone is a disorder?
    Nope

https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...n=AOL-Wellness

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Well here's an article that discusses this very subject. Why do these men do this? I see nothing about a two thirds figure but it is kind of mystery and various experts have their own explanations.

But they are saying that guys like CK doing this sort of thing are suffering from a disorder:

Nope

https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...n=AOL-Wellness
    The 2 out of 3 thing is a joke from an episode of "How I Met Your Mother".

I suppose it is some type of disorder. I bet if you asked them, they didn't really know why they were doing it in most of the cases (not Weinstein/Rose/Moore, they knew exactly what they were doing).

I think it would really trip you up as far as understanding to look at Roger Ailes and Louis CK and not think they are both massive predatory losers, instead of singling out Louis CK.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think it would really trip you up as far as understanding to look at Roger Ailes and Louis CK and not think they are both massive predatory losers, instead of singling out Louis CK.
    Also, the idea that what they did was embarrassing and stupid because it was ineffective and left the men seemingly too vulnerable rather than it being toxic and harmful because it violated women period is a good one too.

6. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    They're both losers but from what I've heard Ailes bedded his women rather than doing things to himself in front of them. I get that. I don't get doing what CK did. It'd make more sense if he propositioned these women as he unzipped his pants and then when they said "no thanks" he zipped back up again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Also, the idea that what they did was embarrassing and stupid because it was ineffective and left the men seemingly too vulnerable rather than it being toxic and harmful because it violated women period is a good one too.
    Why can't it be both?

Turn Off Ads?