Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Louis C.K.

Louis C.K.

I guess I've been living under a rock, because I just heard/read about the Louis C.K. allegations today. What a waste of talent that weirdo is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Louis C.K.

He's been discussed quite a bit in the Political Section. Weird guy indeed with no self respect. I contend his behavior is more humiliating to him than to any woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's been discussed quite a bit in the Political Section.
    I figured. I don't think it's a political issue, though. It's not the "Anything Remotely Controversial" forum.

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-15-2017),Sea Ray (11-14-2017)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Don't have heroes, kids.

7. Likes:

757690 (11-14-2017),Roy Tucker (11-15-2017),Stray (11-16-2017),westofyou (11-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Don't have heroes, kids.
    You can, just no mere mortal human being. Choose Batman.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

9. Likes:

WrongVerb (11-14-2017)

Now this is not victim blaming in any sense and it could have been the victims were just too surprised to do anything but when someone like C.K. pulls it out and starts jacking, why doesn't someone just punch him in the nuts? I'm guessing that would be the last time he whipped it out in front of anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Now this is not victim blaming in any sense and it could have been the victims were just too surprised to do anything but when someone like C.K. pulls it out and starts jacking, why doesn't someone just punch him in the nuts? I'm guessing that would be the last time he whipped it out in front of anyone.
    He's six foot tall, probably 240lbs, and these women are probably 120 lbs. I imagine because they are afraid he'll rape them.

That's before getting into they are in same industry and they're probably also worried he'll ruin their careers - that's more of a secondary worry at the time it's happening, but it's there too.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's been discussed quite a bit in the Political Section. Weird guy indeed with no self respect. I contend his behavior is more humiliating to him than to any woman.
    I heard a couple of guys addressing this on the Daily Zeitgeist podcast. One expressed this notion, saying he'd rather be caught killing someone, and the other said that he'd read that people who do this tend to have a ton of unaddressed anger toward women. I don't know whether that's true; I can see him as a self-humiliating type. His act at times seems designed to make people uncomfortable (not that he's unique in that). Either way, it's not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    He's six foot tall, probably 240lbs, and these women are probably 120 lbs. I imagine because they are afraid he'll rape them.

That's before getting into they are in same industry and they're probably also worried he'll ruin their careers - that's more of a secondary worry at the time it's happening, but it's there too.
    This seems to be an issue, with one woman even being told that if she said anything, it wouldn't be Louis's career that was ruined.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 11-14-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    You can, just no mere mortal human being. Choose Batman.
    I think I could do better. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

I think I could do better. I'll have to get back to you on this one.
    Better than Batman? Joey Votto?

Now Al Franken. LOL

These people...

Human beings are the worst. I can't wait for my robot overlords.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I said it a few weeks ago, and it's proving to be true: this is a subject that's going to find accused people of every stripe, from every walk of life. Some will be people you've beloved for decades (Bill Cosby fits that description for me), and some will be people you've reviled for ages.

In the end, we men are hoping to get to take stock of who we are, and how we are going to do better now that women are our peers in just about every area of life.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I said it a few weeks ago, and it's proving to be true: this is a subject that's going to find accused people of every stripe, from every walk of life. Some will be people you've beloved for decades (Bill Cosby fits that description for me), and some will be people you've reviled for ages.

In the end, we men are hoping to get to take stock of who we are, and how we are going to do better now that women are our peers in just about every area of life.
    I'm sure dudes will find a way and devote time/effort to keep that from being a smooth transition. Guys of all stripes, to borrow your term, are finding common ground in being very uncomfortable with the idea that a woman can vocalize her experiences with sexual assault without their approval or oversight.

Human beings are the worst. I can't wait for my robot overlords.
    I think you're pretty much right, frankly. People in general are pretty revolting. RF said something in another thread about men in power treating women bad, but I don't think it's that limited. I've been around plenty of women in power, and they're generally awful, too. Just in a different way. And the "men in power" who are mistreating women are usually mistreating men, too. Just differently.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 11-16-2017 at 06:12 PM.

20. Likes:

Joseph (11-21-2017)

Turn Off Ads?