Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Season Part II (Fire Marvin!)

2017 Bengals Season Part II (Fire Marvin!)

Time for a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2017 Bengals Season Part II (Fire Marvin!)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Time for a new one.
    Head Coach?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Head Coach?
    That too.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Uh-huh...

Meet your new head coach....

Paul Guenther!
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-15-2017),Kingspoint (11-16-2017)

I think its safe to say that Marvin wasn't behind the drafting of John Ross

Marvin Lewis says John Ross let the team down

“For Andy, against that coverage to throw him that football, he should understand how the quarterback feels about him.
    That he expects him to be where he needs to be. He let his teammates down. He let me down. He let Andy down,” Lewis said of Ross.

FULL: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-team-down/

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    In a way I think this is a good sign. Marvin is doing something that's out of character for him...throwing his players under the bus. He did the same thing with Jeremy Hill. I think this means he knows this is the end for him so let the comments fly. Let's hope he's right

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I'm sure Marvin was very upset that the Bengals didn't go corner yet again in the first round. Of course, had they done so they most likely would have ended up with Marshon Lattimore, who has been a stud for New Orleans.

12. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-17-2017)

I think Joe Goodberry on Twitter talked about video of Marvin from 15 years ago and how he was fired up on the sideline, joking around with players, etc.

Now he's got the deadest eyes I've ever seen.

Mike Brown man. He is a life ruiner.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think Joe Goodberry on Twitter talked about video of Marvin from 15 years ago and how he was fired up on the sideline, joking around with players, etc.

Now he's got the deadest eyes I've ever seen.

Mike Brown man. He is a life ruiner.
    I think its life in the NFL. Mike Brown has nothing to do with this.

Seriously, look at the hours these coaches keep, the 365 nature of the sport. Marvin has it easy in a passive media town, but being a coach in the NFL is high stress job.

There few coaches in the game who have been a HC for years and still look young and like they have a pep in their step. That doesn't happen in the NFL.

Marv deserved to be fired last season, this season he became a dead man walking after the Pitt loss.

Where MB is to blame is for not firing him sooner. He let Marvin hang around long enough to get stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Where MB is to blame is for not firing him sooner. He let Marvin hang around long enough to get stale.
    Mike Brown is not to blame for the toll coaching in the NFL takes on coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Mike Brown is not to blame for the toll coaching in the NFL takes on coaches.
    Of course not. He better than anyone, should be aware of that toll. With that in mind, he should know when it's time to fire his coach. He's waited too long here. He should have fired Marvin after the Pitt playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Of course not. He better than anyone, should be aware of that toll. With that in mind, he should know when it's time to fire his coach. He's waited too long here. He should have fired Marvin after the Pitt playoff game
    What I wanted Mike Brown do to was come out and say what many of us fans thought after that game. I wanted to hear some backing from either Lewis or Brown about the Shazier hit, about Porter being allowed on the field provoking Jones. I wanted to hear from Brown or Lewis about he Burfict suspension and how it was the harshest penalty for anything done on the field.

But I now realize watching this Jerry Jones situation, the NFL doesn't like when owners speak up and threaten their golden goose. They all would rather pocket the money than stir the pot.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Lewis did a lot for the Bengals. But sometimes coaches just wear out their welcome And apparently he has reading from this board. I always think what would have been if Palmer didn't go down in that play-off game? To me, he had the makings of a franchise QB.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-16-2017),GAC (11-17-2017),Kingspoint (11-17-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Lewis did a lot for the Bengals. But sometimes coaches just wear out their welcome And apparently he has reading from this board. I always think what would have been if Palmer didn't go down in that play-off game? To me, he had the makings of a franchise QB.
    To me there were 2 years in Marvin's history where the Bengals really had the team to make a deep run and both years just went bad. One was the Palmer playoff injury. Then the other year was the year when Dalton went down with the injury late in the year McCarron took over and then they had the playoff meltdown. Unfortunately that playoff meltdown team is probably the best Bengals team we will see around here for a long time. Marvin did a lot of good for a long time here but his time is past it is time to move in a new direction. The scary thing is the wrong move here could put this team into another lost decade but something has to change.

23. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-16-2017)

Turn Off Ads?