Turn Off Ads?

Thread: World Cup Soccer 2018

World Cup Soccer 2018

2. Likes:

M2 (12-02-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: World Cup Soccer 2018

Spain vs. Portugal on June 15 is already in my calendar.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I have read in The NY Times and SI that Russia have an easy draw. I guess when you are ranked the lowest of all teams in the WC but get in due to being the host you must be good. Unless they allow their fans to shoot flares at opposing players how are they favored? Uruguay was behind Brazil in points. Goals. Goal differential. Has an on form Cavani and three new young MF who helped them win 2 and draw 2 of the 4 games they last played together. I mean Egypt has Salah and a good back line. I would favor then before Russia. But hey they’re European so they must be favored in their group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I have read in The NY Times and SI that Russia have an easy draw. I guess when you are ranked the lowest of all teams in the WC but get in due to being the host you must be good. Unless they allow their fans to shoot flares at opposing players how are they favored? Uruguay was behind Brazil in points. Goals. Goal differential. Has an on form Cavani and three new young MF who helped them win 2 and draw 2 of the 4 games they last played together. I mean Egypt has Salah and a good back line. I would favor then before Russia. But hey they’re European so they must be favored in their group.
    I agree. Russia will do well not to replace South Africa as the worst host side in the World Cup history. Uruguay should stroll through that group. Egypt seems like good value to be the other team that makes it to the knockout rounds.

Group D seems like a low key group of death: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria. Not an easy team in that foursome.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I agree. Russia will do well not to replace South Africa as the worst host side in the World Cup history. Uruguay should stroll through that group. Egypt seems like good value to be the other team that makes it to the knockout rounds.

Group D seems like a low key group of death: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria. Not an easy team in that foursome.
    And I don’t want to be an arrogant homer because Uruguay lost to Costa Rica 3-1 in the opener of the last WC. So on paper means nothing but you should be able to get through this if you are injury free and not arrogantly over confident.

Argentina and Nigeria might as well be sister countries the way they play each other. That group will be fun.

The Mexico coach is already making sure everyone knows they did not have their best players while Getmany’s A team says hello while they took the Confed Cup Games off.

What seems like a slam dunk bid for North America to host the 2026 World Cup may be in jeopardy.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-worl...orocco-sources
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    What seems like a slam dunk bid for North America to host the 2026 World Cup may be in jeopardy.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-worl...orocco-sources
    Check the money trail!
    Last edited by Slyder; 02-28-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Check the money trail!
    When Sepp Blatter is endorsing Morocco, you know the bribes are coming in. FIFA would be wise to pay attention to what's going on.with the IOC and Olympic bids. They have to practically beg countries to bid for the Winter Olympics. FIFA still doesn't even know if Qatar can pull off a World Cup and some want to give one to.Morocco with an.expanded field? Good luck.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

11. Likes:

Chip R (03-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    When Sepp Blatter is endorsing Morocco, you know the bribes are coming in. FIFA would be wise to pay attention to what's going on.with the IOC and Olympic bids. They have to practically beg countries to bid for the Winter Olympics. FIFA still doesn't even know if Qatar can pull off a World Cup and some want to give one to.Morocco with an.expanded field? Good luck.
    From reading the article, it sounds like sour grapes from the people who got nailed in the scandal. Blatter's a great example. I also read a different article where it said that FIFA is in line to get over $300M in bonuses if the 26 cup is in North America from broadcast fees. I don't see how they could turn that down just for spite.

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/fifa-...h-america.html
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Watched Spain dismantle Argentina today. Koke and Thiago make for a fantastic engine room.

Turn Off Ads?