Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Ohio State Men's Basketball Thread

Re: 2017-2018 Ohio State Men's Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Northwestern a trap game? C'mon. OSU hasn't fallen that far where NW becomes a trap game. OSU's looking really good and has no business losing to NW. The wildcats best win has been what, Minnesota? They'd have stormed the court if they beat the Buckeyes.

Congrats to the Bucks for holding serve but it's no trap game. This is one of the easier games on their Big Ten schedule.
    Northwestern did make the tournament last year and was pretty decent, although not looking like that is going to happen this year.

Sadly for the Big 10 this season, it probably isn't one of the easier games left on the schedule.

That was a good test for them in closing out a game. They had a double digit lead with 4 minutes to go and NW didn't quit. Good to see OSU not fold and do enough to win the game.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-18-2018),Assembly Hall (01-18-2018),Revering4Blue (01-18-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Northwestern a trap game? C'mon. OSU hasn't fallen that far where NW becomes a trap game. OSU's looking really good and has no business losing to NW. The wildcats best win has been what, Minnesota? They'd have stormed the court if they beat the Buckeyes.

Congrats to the Bucks for holding serve but it's no trap game. This is one of the easier games on their Big Ten schedule.
    Northwestern would not storm the court against OSU. That’s cray.

Not saying it’s a trap game, but that’s going too far.

As for Minnesota, they started year ranked in the top 15 IIRC.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-18-2018),Revering4Blue (01-18-2018)

"So Fla Red"

Midweek Jan road game with no energy as about 2500 people were in attendance since NW games are moved off campus this year to the distant Rosemont Horizon. KBD had an off night so a solid road win that will not go down as either spectacular or memorable.

NW played well and hit a lot of 3s to stay close. They were nearly a sweet 16 team last year barely losing to the Zags. Chris Collins can coach. But yes the B1G is really bad basketball this year outside the states of Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Ohhhhhh, okay. I call BS on that response.

I agree NW is not headed back to the NCAA tournament this year. They'll be lucky to make any post season tournament. Unlike OSU who's doing great. Keep it up guys!

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Ohhhhhh, okay. I call BS on that response.
    BS on what?

No one is confusing the '17-18 OSU team that most thought would be a remote long shot for even an NIT tourney berth with the '92 Running Rebels...

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    BS on what?
    On trap games. For the rest of the season the Bucks will be the hunted.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    On trap games. For the rest of the season the Bucks will be the hunted.
    Yep. Last night was a big win for the Bucks. That was their 5th game in 11 days, going from Columbus to NJ to Chicago to NY to Columbus. It taxed a pretty shallow roster, and they won those five games in different fashion. If they take care of business at home, beat the teams they should on the road, they should be in in line for a nice tournament seed.

I was thinking about this team and their tournament prospects and they scare the heck out of me. I think they can play with anyone when their shots are falling, but when they aren't they can be in trouble matched up with the better teams. They also lack for ball handlers, Jackson, Dakish, and Tate are passable in bringing the ball up the court, but if I am an opposing team I press the heck out of them. Make them work to bring the ball up the court and run an offense with a short shot clock. I don't fully trust anyone on the team to create their own shot, maybe KBD, but his shot has been struggling as of late.

Two other things:
    It sure is nice not to see Loving run down the court with his head down when something doesn't go his way. They showed highlights of the two games last season and a clip of Loving last season and it reminded me how painful they were to watch last year.

Tim Miles is a heck of a coach. Making Nebraska competitive in basketball is a feat in itself.

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-23-2018),Assembly Hall (01-23-2018),BuckeyeRed27 (01-23-2018)

To be honest I think Miles' talents are wasting away in Lincoln.

But back to the Bucks. We don't know how things are gonna shake out the rest of the way. Right now they are in-line for a #4, imo.

Marvin Lewis can relate to Cornhusker basketball.

The Cornhuskers have appeared in the NCAA Tournament seven times. Their combined record is 0–7. Nebraska is the only school in a power conference that has never won a game in the NCAA tournament.

Ouch. Penn State. Did not see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Meh, OSU was due and PSU isn’t that bad.

People need to remember Ohio State was picked in tbe preseason to finish 12th in the B1G. Not that talented of a squad.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Good rally for OSU and if you bank in a 40 footer at the buzzer and go 12/15 for three it was just your night.

I figured you guys might be in for some trouble against the Lions...but I figured you would win. And Penn St. is a pretty solid team.

Last night was OSU's sixth game in 14 days while just the fourth in the last 16 days for Penn State. Add in the fact that Bates-Diop almost didn't play due to the flu and all of the elements were ripe for the upset.

That said, Ohio State has had a couple of games where they played a team missing a starter or two, so it all kind of evens out.

Turn Off Ads?