Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes (This time we mean it)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: 2018 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes (This time we mean it)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Where is Chubb from UGA slotted to go? I think I take a QB #1 and see if Barkley is there at #4, if not I see where Chubb falls! I don't think you can go wrong with Chubb either, I personally like Chubb more than Barkley.
    Most mocks I've perused have Nick Chubb going in round 2.

IMHO, the Colts should go with a Chubb/Chubb draft if possible: DE Bradley Chubb in the 1st if Barley is off the board and go with Nick Chubb in the second.

Even if Cleveland passes on Barkley at #1, I'm not so sure that the Giants will at #2, as they may operate under the assumption that Eli has two or three more productive years left.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-08-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

IMHO, the Colts should go with a Chubb/Chubb draft if possible: DE Bradley Chubb in the 1st if Barley is off the board and go with Nick Chubb in the second.

Even if Cleveland passes on Barkley at #1, I'm not so sure that the Giants will at #2, as they may operate under the assumption that Eli has two or three more productive years left.
    If I'm the Colts, I would jump on a Chubb/Chubb draft. If they pulled that off, I would consider the draft a success regardless! Colts have a ton of cap space as well...I know, wrong thread for this topic tho!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

If I'm the Colts, I would jump on a Chubb/Chubb draft. If they pulled that off, I would consider the draft a success regardless! Colts have a ton of cap space as well...I know, wrong thread for this topic tho!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-08-2018)

The #Browns are interviewing former #Bengals OC Ken Zampese today for their vacant OC job under Hue Jackson, source said. They'll interview #Texans QB coach Sean Ryan on Wednesday.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...rt/1014244001/

I can't believe another thread was started to continue the discussion on the Cleveland Browns. Wasn't a 1,000 posts enough punishment? What are you people? Sadists?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

mole44 (01-11-2018)

Any G.M who has that quality of picks to add talent to the team that doesn't get at least two good Quarterbacks (through draft or trade) should be fired.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    We've been saying that for the the last 10 years (at least)

I feel somewhat more confident (a little bit) that Dorsey is in charge of this next draft. He's got plenty of resources to choose from - draft picks and $100M in salary cap money.
    Between the Browns adding Dorsey and having THAT much salary cap money to spend I'll be looking forward to see if they sign anyone when the free agency period starts in mid march. If they're lucky they could fill a couple needs BEFORE the draft. And that would help a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    They can always snag Allen at 4 and have him sit behind Alex Smith for a year or however long. That being said, I really like the mock I came up with, though I'm sure a few of those guys will probably go a bit higher. Michel, I prefer over Chubb.
    I wonder if they could acquire Alex Smith without giving up a 1st round pick. He won't be the only veteran qb that's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Any G.M who has that quality of picks to add talent to the team that doesn't get at least two good Quarterbacks (through draft or trade) should be fired.
    Not following. Are you saying the Browns should target two good quarterbacks this off season? That seems a bit of overkill when they have a lot of other needs. Or are you saying that the Browns should have been able to acquire at least two good quarterbacks over the past 10 years? If so, I agree, but they fired plenty of GMs over that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Between the Browns adding Dorsey and having THAT much salary cap money to spend I'll be looking forward to see if they sign anyone when the free agency period starts in mid march. If they're lucky they could fill a couple needs BEFORE the draft. And that would help a lot.
    I wonder if they could acquire Alex Smith without giving up a 1st round pick. He won't be the only veteran qb that's available.
    Nice to have that cap space. Problem is convincing free agents to come play in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Nice to have that cap space. Problem is convincing free agents to come play in Cleveland
    Start with the interior linemen. They don't get the glory anyhow, so they may be easier to convince. Focus on ones with norther mid-west roots so the weather isn't a sticking point. Likely, at least until they become competitive again, the skill players will have to come from the draft. The AFC North is won in the trenches anyway - something the Bengals have seemed to forgot.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I can't believe another thread was started to continue the discussion on the Cleveland Browns. Wasn't a 1,000 posts enough punishment? What are you people? Sadists?
    No worse than having to read thru the Bengals thread!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    That's actually how they improved their offensive line last year, via free agency. I feel somewhat more "confident" with Dorsey as GM that better decisions will be made when it comes to the market and draft. We'll see. IMO, we need some "pieces", but they are key pieces. But it can be had.

IMO, I think they do need to add a veteran QB to mentor the young, and there are some available. KC is "open" to trading Smith for the right deal. Of course, what is that "right deal"? LOL

Read this, as far as teams possibly interested in Smith .... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...landing-spots/

If there's one person who definitely appreciates Smith's value, it's new Browns general manager John Dorsey. One of Dorsey's first moves as Kansas City's general manager in 2013 was to facilitate the trade that ended up sending Smith from San Francisco to the Chiefs.

It's not crazy to think that Dorsey might try and pull off a similar trade now that he's in Cleveland. Back in 2013, the Chiefs gave up two second-round picks to land Smith from the 49ers. If Dorsey wants to pull off a similar deal, he'll have plenty of draft ammo to make the move.

Also, if the Browns bring in Smith, they could actually draft a quarterback and not have to throw him into the fire by starting him during his rookie year.
    KC is in a good place, as far as Smith's services go, because there are several teams (besides Cleveland) interested in, or have a need at QB ..... Cardinals, Broncos, Jets, Giants, Bills, and possibly even Jaguars.

So the interest by Dorsey might be there, but what is he willing to sacrifice? I don't think he'll get in a "bidding war", nor even entertain giving up one of their very high first round picks. Ain't happening IMO. But second round picks (we have three)? Possible.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-11-2018 at 05:02 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    No worse than having to read thru the Bengals thread!
    We Ohia sport team fans are a sorry lot!

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-16-2018)

2018 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes (This time we mean it)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So Browns take Barkley, Giants take Rosen, Broncos flip the Colts a 3rd rounder to move up two slots and they take Darnold. No QB for Cleveland.

Don't get greedy if you want a QB.
    Cleveland takes Josh Allen at 4, who isn’t too far behind the other two and playing in Wyoming might be better suited for weather conditions in Cleveland as opposed to two west coast QBs.

Take Allen and Barkley and call it a day.

Even then, I think the Giants are more likely to trade back than the Colts. Mara is behind Eli and whoever they hire as coach will probably be hired to try to win with the current roster intact rather than blowing it up.
    Last edited by WVRed; 01-11-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-11-2018)

I mentioned the Browns acquiring Smith months ago and I think it'd be a good move. I also think they'll draft a QB in the 1st rd and they can be patient with his development. So all in all I see them acquiring not one but 2 QBs. That's not a vote of confidence for DeShone Kizer. If they're lucky they can get something for him on the trade market...if they're lucky. Otherwise he's of no use to the Browns unless an injury happens. Smith will get the #1 reps and the new guy will also get a lot of attention. Kizer will pick up the scraps if Cleveland hangs onto him at all.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Bill Polian thinks the Browns just need a veteran QB and fill in the pieces around him.

Turn Off Ads?