Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Bengals Season - Marvin is Coach For Life!

2018 Bengals Season - Marvin is Coach For Life!

2017 is over (both the year and season). Marvin Lewis got a 2 year extension.

Word is that Teryl Austin is their new DC
    Last edited by JaxRed; 01-08-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2018 Bengals Season - Marvin is Coach For Life!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    2107 is over (both the year and season). Marvin Lewis got a 2 year extension.

Word is that Teryl Austin is their new DC
    On to 2108!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Darn it!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Darn it!
    Well, I suspect Marvin Lewis will be in his 106th season as head coach.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

blumj (01-10-2018)

Teryl Austin is the new DC
    Haven't seen his contract details released yet.

Bengals announce Teryl Austin as defensive coordinator

The Bengals made the hiring of Teryl Austin official, announcing him as their new defensive coordinator.

Austin spent the past four seasons as the Lions’ defensive coordinator. Before that, he served as a defensive backs coach for the Seahawks (2003-06), Cardinals (2007-09) and Ravens (2011-13).

FULL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Teryl Austin is the new DC
    Haven't seen his contract details released yet.
    The '05 Seahawks, '08 Cardinals, and '12 Ravens all were Super Bowl teams. That's a nice little track record there, even for an assistant coach at the time.

So, no issues with the Penn State connection? Granted he was just a grad assistant, but it was during the Sandusky era. I don't hold it against him, but some here have been pretty outspoken against people associated with that program during that time.

A few Bengals updates: Bob Bicknell is the new receivers coach, Bengals interviewed Jon Kitna as a possible QB coach and the Bengals are moving on from secondary coach Kevin Coyle.

Bengals hire Bob Bicknell as receivers coach

Bicknell has 25 years of experience, including 10 in the NFL as an offensive assistant coach with Kansas City (2007-09), Buffalo (2010-12),
    Philadelphia (2013-15) and San Francisco (2016). He also coached eight seasons in NFL Europe with Frankfurt (1998-99), Berlin (2000-03) and Cologne (2004-05).

FULL: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ceivers-coach/

Report: Bengals interview Jon Kitna

Former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Jon Kitna interviewed for a position with the team, according to a report from Sporting News' Alex Marvez,
    and Marvez adds that Kitna "may be under consideration for the team's vacant quarterbacks coach job."

FULL: https://www.cincinnati.com/sto...na/1017890001/

Bengals parting ways with secondary coach Kevin Coyle

Bengals secondary coach Kevin Coyle will not be returning in 2018, according to Sporting News NFL reporter Alex Marvez.

Coyle, who completed his second stint with the Bengals, rejoined the team in 2016 after spending 11 seasons in Cincinnati between 2001-11.
    During his brief departure, Coyle served as the Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator, but struggled to build an effective defense that ranked inside the top-20 during his four seasons with the team.

FULL: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/9...ch-kevin-coyle

Interested to see who they get for OL. I think Kitna is an interesting idea at QB coach - he's a guy who got a tremendous amount out of a limited talent base.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Interested to see who they get for OL. I think Kitna is an interesting idea at QB coach - he's a guy who got a tremendous amount out of a limited talent base.
    Stats can be misleading. I watched a LOT of Kitna games. Here's how they usually went: 1st half, get blown out, game over. 2nd half. Throw for 300 against prevent defense.

Jon Kitna was Johnny Unitas against prevent defenses after he'd already blown the game with his fumbles, sideways passes and interceptions, I'll give him that.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Stats can be misleading. I watched a LOT of Kitna games. Here's how they usually went: 1st half, get blown out, game over. 2nd half. Throw for 300 against prevent defense.

Jon Kitna was Johnny Unitas against prevent defenses after he'd already blown the game with his fumbles, sideways passes and interceptions, I'll give him that.
    I'm not a big Kitna fan but my recollection is a little different. I recall that he could move a team between the 20s quite nicely but scoring TDs was an issue. It led to a lot of FGs and that doesn't win you games in the NFL.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-11-2018)

How in the world will Kitna be able to hold a clipboard and a whistle with those tiny hands?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

17. Likes:

Hoosier Red (01-12-2018),Kingspoint (01-11-2018),Roy Tucker (01-12-2018),UKFlounder (01-11-2018)

Bengals have signed Frank Pollack as offensive line coach. That looks like a really good hire. He was the Cowboys offensive line coach the last 3 years. In fact the Bengals and Cowboys may essentially be swapping OL coaches as Alexander is interviewing with the Cowboys

19. Likes:

membengal (01-11-2018)

That's absolutely fantastic news. Seriously, not just getting rid of Alexander but getting Pollack to replace him, along with the Austin hire as DC, puts a bit of a spring in my step.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-11-2018),Sea Ray (01-11-2018)

The Bengals are going to be good again. No idea on playoffs, but competitive.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-11-2018),membengal (01-11-2018),Sea Ray (01-11-2018)

Turn Off Ads?