Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Bengals Season - Marvin is Coach For Life!

Re: 2018 Bengals Season - Marvin is Coach For Life!

I don't think McCarron has a case. It's pretty cut and dried. He came to the Bengals with an injured shoulder and wasn't activated until late in the yr. He doesn't get credit for a year's service time like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think McCarron has a case. It's pretty cut and dried. He came to the Bengals with an injured shoulder and wasn't activated until late in the yr. He doesn't get credit for a year's service time like that.
    You're basing that on what the Bengals' report via their medical staff, and this source is notorious for flat out lying.

McCarron has a case.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Free agency totally doesn't work.

...just ask the Jaguars.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You're basing that on what the Bengals' report via their medical staff, and this source is notorious for flat out lying.

McCarron has a case.
    Granted, I haven't hear McCarron's side.

This is uncharted territory:

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018...t-of-its-kind/

It appears the issue isn't so much the injury but when he was activated. Seems to me that when to activate a player is kinda up to the team.

We'll see how it turns out

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-28-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Here are my predictions for the Bengals' offseason:

AJ McCarron is declared an unrestricted free agent so the Bengals get zero compensation for him.

They do nothing in free agency except re-sign Bodine, Kroft and maybe Eifert. Hobson writes several articles saying that free agency doesn't work and that the Bengals have two free agents they have to worry about signing by next offseason - Geno and Dunlap.

The Bengals take a DL at #12. Hobson justifies it by saying the Bengals may have to replace Geno and Dunlap in '19... and do they really want to commit big money to guys who will be over 30 when they sign their contract?

By the start of training camp, the OL isn't fixed, neither Geno nor Dunlap is extended and the Bengals are $15-20mm under the cap.
    Maaaaaan why do you have to do that?

That is all so plausible, I hate it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-29-2018),ScotlandRed (01-28-2018)

And really, why wouldn't they resign Bodine. If he isn't a model for the franchise, I don't know what is.

11. Likes:

Benihana (02-12-2018),Kingspoint (01-29-2018),WrongVerb (01-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Free agency totally doesn't work.

...just ask the Jaguars.
    What the heck is that supposed to mean?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    What the heck is that supposed to mean?
    I think that’s sarcasm. The Jaguars got better through free agency (moreso the draft though).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-30-2018),Revering4Blue (02-01-2018)

I like this - Aaron Rodgers is salty over Green Bay having let Alex Van Pelt go (he's the new QB coach for Dalton):

@jasonjwilde
    26m26 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers making his disappointment about Alex Van Pelt's departure as quarterbacks coach -- "without consulting me," he says -- very clear on Golic and Wingo.

@jasonjwilde
    20m20 minutes ago

Full quote from Aaron Rodgers on losing Van Pelt: "My quarterback coach didn't get retained. I thought that was an interesting change -- really without consulting me. There's a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach. And that was an interesting decision."

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I like this - Aaron Rodgers is salty over Green Bay having let Alex Van Pelt go (he's the new QB coach for Dalton):
    Maybe Rodgers needs to be reunited with his QB coach - in Cincy!

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Maybe Rodgers needs to be reunited with his QB coach - in Cincy!
    He's used to working with bad Offensive Lines, so he'll feel right at home. He'll have a better WR than he ever had at Green Bay and a better Defense, too. He'll have his worst Head Coach ever, but he's enough of an Alpha Male that he can overcome Mediocre Marvin.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

He's used to working with bad Offensive Lines, so he'll feel right at home. He'll have a better WR than he ever had at Green Bay and a better Defense, too. He'll have his worst Head Coach ever, but he's enough of an Alpha Male that he can overcome Mediocre Marvin.
    AJ is great, but overall I’d take the Packers receiving corps over the Bengals.

Take away the Super Bowl against the Steelers and McCarthy is pretty mediocre, still better than Marvin but not by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    AJ is great, but overall I’d take the Packers receiving corps over the Bengals.

Take away the Super Bowl against the Steelers and McCarthy is pretty mediocre, still better than Marvin but not by much.
    Seriously, what would Dalton ever have accomplished without Green?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Here are my predictions for the Bengals' offseason:

AJ McCarron is declared an unrestricted free agent so the Bengals get zero compensation for him.

They do nothing in free agency except re-sign Bodine, Kroft and maybe Eifert. Hobson writes several articles saying that free agency doesn't work and that the Bengals have two free agents they have to worry about signing by next offseason - Geno and Dunlap.

The Bengals take a DL at #12. Hobson justifies it by saying the Bengals may have to replace Geno and Dunlap in '19... and do they really want to commit big money to guys who will be over 30 when they sign their contract?

By the start of training camp, the OL isn't fixed, neither Geno nor Dunlap is extended and the Bengals are $15-20mm under the cap.
    ...and there's your Enquirer version...just waiting on Hobson...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Jim Owczarski reports the Bengals are focused on signing contract-year DE Carlos Dunlap to an extension before Week 1.

They also hope to extend DT Geno Atkins this offseason. With at least 7.5 sacks each of the last five seasons, Dunlap has been something of a value on the five-year, $39 million extension he signed in 2013, so he will likely be looking for a raise. Dunlap will turn 29 at the end of February.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Seriously, what would Dalton ever have accomplished without Green?
    You could probably say that about a lot of QBs when it came to the talented receivers they had who made their job look easier.

I was in a discussion awhile back with some co-workers on "franchise" QBs that, in their opinion, weren't that good as far as QB ability, but their receivers made them look great. They brought up Bradshaw and Swann/Stallworth. One even mentioned Montana, who had Rice and Dwight "The Catch" Clark.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?