Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLB prospect rankings for 2018

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: MLB prospect rankings for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Anyone else having this problem? When I click on a prospect's picture on MLB Prospect Watch, the window with prospect's write-up pops up, but it's blank inside. This started a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it's the site or something on my end.
    That entire prospect portal essentially doesn't work for me with Firefox. Works fine in chrome.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm using Firefox and it works fine.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm using Firefox and it works fine.
    Bragger.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That entire prospect portal essentially doesn't work for me with Firefox. Works fine in chrome.
    Yeah. I was using IE. Installed Chrome and it works just fine. It worked fine in IE until about 3 weeks ago. I assumed MLB was updating the write-ups and holding them back. When they wouldn't work this morning with the new lists, I figured it was on my end.
    Last edited by mth123; 01-28-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

A quick scan of the ratings changes from 2017.

Senzel: upgraded hitting, power, and overall
    Greene: upgraded fastball
    Trammell:upgraded hit; downgraded arm to a more realitic 45
    Winker: upgraded power
    Mahle: upgraded slider

top tier prospects all looking better.

7. Likes:

757690 (01-28-2018),BillDoran (01-28-2018),REDREAD (02-07-2018)

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-30-2018),BillDoran (01-29-2018),cincyinco (01-30-2018),Edd Roush (01-29-2018),Griffey012 (01-29-2018),OnBaseMachine (01-30-2018)

I'm asking this, because I honestly don't know. What am I missing with Trammell? He seems like a nice prospect. As a left fielder though, is his bat that special?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I'm asking this, because I honestly don't know. What am I missing with Trammell? He seems like a nice prospect. As a left fielder though, is his bat that special?
    He’s a freak athlete that has a good understanding of the strike zone and puts good wood on the bat.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (01-30-2018)

I'm assuming we'll be able to appreciate him more as he moves through the system. I've had the same questions and have thought that the Reds could use him as a piece to acquire a starter, not because he isn't valuable but because his value seems particularly speculative. But when I see Mayo's comment (and his place on prospect lists), I wonder if I'm underselling him. He's been a player I like, but one who seems ultimately tradeable. Since the Reds aren't making any major acquisitions now, however, we'll see what happens in 2018. It would be nice if his stock rose like Mayo suggests.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I think it also has to do with how Trammell is growing into his abilities. He was a football focused two sport star, and his baseball skills were considered raw when he was drafted. But he's proven to be an intelligent, imminently coachable prospect who's made great strides and is expected to continue doing that.

Right now I'd put him a notch behind where jay Bruce was at the same age.

15. Likes:

marcshoe (01-29-2018)

I think it also has to do with how Trammell is growing into his abilities. He was a football focused two sport star, and his baseball skills were considered raw when he was drafted. But he's proven to be an intelligent, imminently coachable prospect who's made great strides and is expected to continue doing that.

Right now I'd put him a notch behind where jay Bruce was at the same age.
    I thought that was opposite. I’ve read he was a Baseball-first 2 sport athlete.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Here's what Doug said in November. He thinks Trammell can stick in center, btw.

http://redsminorleagues.com/2017/11/...ylor-trammell/
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

More love for Randall and a Greene mention:

Attachment 13202
    Attachment 13203
    Attachment 13204

19. Likes:

BillDoran (01-29-2018),Edd Roush (01-29-2018),marcshoe (01-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    he has potential to be a 30 30 guy, and even with his below average arm could play CF.

Think Hunter will send Callis a witch doctor tweet?

22. Likes:

WrongVerb (01-29-2018)

Turn Off Ads?