Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 Season

The contract for Moncrrief was a cheap one. A one year "prove it" deal for $7 million.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The contract for Moncrrief was a cheap one. A one year "prove it" deal for $7 million.
    One of the best Recievers in the Redzone since he came into the league. Can't stay on the field.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Special Teams can make or break a season.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Jaguars signed S Cody Davis, formerly of the Rams.

Davis excelled on special teams for Los Angeles and also made a handful of spot starts at free safety. He'll add depth behind Jaguars FS Tashaun Gipson.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Jaguars signed TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins to a two-year contract.

In his first full year of sobriety, Seferian-Jenkins overcame alcohol problems to emerge as the Jets' starting tight end last season, providing a safety valve for Josh McCown over the middle and in the red zone. ASJ did not quite show his old explosiveness from college, however, averaging fewer than eight yards per catch. He also had multiple touchdowns negated due to penalties and replay overturns. Only 25 years old, Seferian-Jenkins has upside for significantly more in a suddenly loaded Jaguars pass-catcher corps.

Source: Jordan Schultz on Twitter

Saved $7M today cutting Hurns.

The Jags are up to about $20 million in cap room. They cut Hurns as expected. They unexpectedly cut Marcedes Lewis. (They had signed Austin Sefarion-Jenkins in Free agency), and they did a restructure on the bonus paid to Telvin Smith to fee up some more cap space.

I'm not crazy about the last move as it seems as if Jags are "kicking the can down the road" And creating future cap problems.

CB E. J. Gaines would be a nice add. DI Johnathan Hankins, S Tyvon Branch, or try to steal Shaq Barrett (RFA) from the Broncos to make an already dominant Defense more dominant. Eagles, Vikings and Rams are all doing it. It worked for Denver and Seattle and has gotten Jacksonville to the AFC Championship Game with a chance to win.

Jags traded for a possible backup QB with the Browns. Cody Kessler for a conditional 2019 7th round pick. Obviously Browns were getting ready to release him and took the pick as being better than nothing. Low risk move for Jags. At least we have an option for backup QB now.

Jags traded for a possible backup QB with the Browns. Cody Kessler for a conditional 2019 7th round pick. Obviously Browns were getting ready to release him and took the pick as being better than nothing. Low risk move for Jags. At least we have an option for backup QB now.
    No brainer. If he doesn't prove to be good enough to take the back up job this summer then we cut him and don't owe Cleveland anything.

Well on the morning of draft day the Jags make a different kind of acquisition. Wembley Stadium. By all accounts this is a Jaguars acquisition, not one from Shad Khan personally (although he may own all of Jacksonville Jaguars, LLC) and not one from the Fulham Soccer team.

So that means all expenditures of the purchase come from the Jags business side, and all the revenue goes to the Jags business side. And assuming it's a good financial deal, (as most of Shad Khan's seem to ne), then this strengthens the Jags financially.

Khan has issued statements to the Fulham fans saying they are staying in their stadium (Craven Cottage), and one to Jags fans, saying this move is to strengthen the Jags in Jacksonville.

Makes a lot of sense. Other NFL teams were starting to covet the London market. This now solidifies the Jags position. They are playing a single game their thru 2020 and previously Khan says he want to extend that. Now, all stadium revenue for Wembley games goes to Jags. All soccer and entertainment revenue goes to Jags.

Last week, Jags had their "State of the Franchise" event. Khan is planning a multi-billion dollar development project around the Jags Stadium.

Jags made an interesting, surprising pick at #29 last night. They really did go Best Available Player by taking Taven Bryan, DL from Florida. Most mocks had Bryan going from 18-25 or so. The DL is one the Jags strengths, so taking Bryan was surprising. But the Jags have 3 very expensive, slightly older DL in Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson and Marcel Darius. 2019 was going to be very expensive. Now the Jags can release one after 2018 assuming Bryan works out.

I'm not crazy about the pick. Some folks compare him to JJ Watt. I hope they're right. I probably would have taken OT Will Hernandez from UTEP.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-27-2018 at 03:02 PM.

The Jags know where their bread is buttered.

Bryan wasn't developed at all at Florida with their last two awful coaching staffs, if the Jags are patient I think he turns out to be a great pick.
    Go Gators!

Jags make 2 more solid picks. With their second rounder they got a speed wide receiver DJ Chark (LSU) to help address the loss of Robinson and Hurns. And in the 3rd they got a safety (Harrison - Bama).

The value the Jags are getting is tremendous. Here are the draft choices and their ranking by Mayock and Jeremiah

Pick 29 - Taven Bryan ranked 26 and 24
    Pick 61 - DJ Chark ranked 54 and 49
    Pick 93 - Ronnie Harrison 34 and 34.

Well on the morning of draft day the Jags make a different kind of acquisition. Wembley Stadium. By all accounts this is a Jaguars acquisition, not one from Shad Khan personally (although he may own all of Jacksonville Jaguars, LLC) and not one from the Fulham Soccer team.

So that means all expenditures of the purchase come from the Jags business side, and all the revenue goes to the Jags business side. And assuming it's a good financial deal, (as most of Shad Khan's seem to ne), then this strengthens the Jags financially.

Khan has issued statements to the Fulham fans saying they are staying in their stadium (Craven Cottage), and one to Jags fans, saying this move is to strengthen the Jags in Jacksonville.

Makes a lot of sense. Other NFL teams were starting to covet the London market. This now solidifies the Jags position. They are playing a single game their thru 2020 and previously Khan says he want to extend that. Now, all stadium revenue for Wembley games goes to Jags. All soccer and entertainment revenue goes to Jags.

Last week, Jags had their "State of the Franchise" event. Khan is planning a multi-billion dollar development project around the Jags Stadium.
    Khan is saying all the right things and I hope you are right. I just don't want your head in the sand here because there are many who don't see things the way you do. Just one of several articles from today below.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...bid/554377002/

Turn Off Ads?