Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Khan is saying all the right things and I hope you are right. I just don't want your head in the sand here because there are many who don't see things the way you do. Just one of several articles from today below.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...bid/554377002/
    Actually that was from the 26th. And later that day an exasperated Shad Khan, was saying "what more do I have to do? This was a move to strengthen the Jags in Jacksonville". He's investing 2 BILLION dollars in the area surrounding the Jags stadium.

Let me state it flat out. The author? She is clueless.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Actually that was from the 26th. And later that day an exasperated Shad Khan, was saying "what more do I have to do? This was a move to strengthen the Jags in Jacksonville". He's investing 2 BILLION dollars in the area surrounding the Jags stadium.

Let me state it flat out. The author? She is clueless.
    If you can show that Khan has 2 Billion dollars worth of personal skin in the game (that's what you said) on that stadium development, I'll accept your point. But I believe I saw Cordish is putting up a lot of that money.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 04-28-2018 at 12:45 AM.

If you want to doubt him, go ahead. He's said over and over the Jags are staying in Jacksonville.

If you want to doubt him, go ahead. He's said over and over the Jags are staying in Jacksonville.
    That’s not what I asked. I asked for a source to your claim that Khan invested 2 billion around Jacksonville’s stadium.

You put “billion” in all caps and called a dissenting journalist clueless. Asking for a source is fair.

The Jags took OT Will Richardson from NC State in 4th round. A guy who's talent level probably dictated a higher spot but had off the field issues. Jags say they think those are behind him. He was one of the guys that did a visit to Jacksonville.

Jags have no 5th round pick. They have one 6th and 2 7's. Areas that we have not addressed that people thought they would, are TE and LB.

At that point, you may be drafting guys that don't make the squad, so maybe you pick some guys you want to ensure don't become undrafted free agents. Like a punter. or a QB.

Edit: Here's the video of him being told he was being drafted. You think he might be happy?

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/990296864456167424
    Last edited by JaxRed; 05-04-2018 at 10:56 PM.

OK, I kinda called the last 3 picks of the Jags. In the 7th round they drafted a punter (who stands a real good chance of making the squad since our punter is a a little pricey), a QB (although possibly the worst QB that will sign this off-season, Tanner Lee from Nebraska), and a LB in the 6th from Wisconsin, Leon Jacobs.

Jags talked about TE. They wanted to address it but it just didn't work out.

Jags cut their semi-expensive punter the day after the draft. So unless this kid is really bad he's made the squad.

They got a couple UDFA's that were very interesting including Quentin Meeks, CB Stanford, Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State.

Jags are having OTA's. All the sportswriters are saying Blake Bortles has looked really sharp. I know it's "underwear and helmets" but he looks good compared to previous OTAs.

OTA 's are over. Everyone got thru with no injuries. That's always a plus. There's a 3 day mandatory mini-camp next week. The feeling in the media has pretty much beeen as follows:

This is the most relaxed and in control Bortles they've ever seen in practices. People who have seen him say he seems to be more toned this year. Observers also say the Cody Kessler has NOT looked all that great as his backup.

Three names were getting a lot of mention as having stood out. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins at TE, Dontae Moncrief at WR, and surprisingly Rashaad Greene who had been a forgotten man.

Supposedly, Calais Campbell predicted Yannick Ngakoue would break the single season sack record in the next 3 years.

Everyone came out of mandatory mini-camp healthy and happy. I have a feeling a few guys are going to be snapped up from Jaguars cuts. Especially on defense.

Jags announced over 10,000 new season tickets have been sold. #1 in all of the NFL.

BTW, I'm no longer rooting for the Jags now that the Bengals actually have a legitimate chance to win a playoff game. You are direct competition. Good fortunes, but not good luck. I hope all good luck goes to the new Bengals this year.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

13. Likes:

Sea Ray (06-19-2018)

On November 12, when the Bengals are no longer a serious contender for playoffs, will you be back?

Jags are 5 days away from their first pre-season game, and here are impressions that have been floating around... Blake Bortles and Cody Kessler (QB's 1 and 2) have been looking good. QB3 Tammer Lee from Nebraska has not been.

Everyone has been raving about Second Round pick DJ Chark, WR out of LSU.

In short.....everyone thinks things are going great and there have been no injuries.... play ball.

On November 12, when the Bengals are no longer a serious contender for playoffs, will you be back?

Jags are 5 days away from their first pre-season game, and here are impressions that have been floating around... Blake Bortles and Cody Kessler (QB's 1 and 2) have been looking good. QB3 Tammer Lee from Nebraska has not been.

In short.....everyone thinks things are going great and there have been no injuries.... play ball.
    Jaguars and Bengals will both win 12+ games and face each other in the AFC Championship.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, DJ Clark won't sniff the field,...not because he isn't any good, but because there are 10 better Offensive options on that team than him. They are loaded Offensively, with Fournette leading the way. Dede Westbrook is going to make the biggest splash onto the scene for them Offensively. Had he not gotten injured last season, he would have had a great Rookie campaign.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-05-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Also one other guy who has opened some eyes (unexpectedly) is 7th round LB Leon Jacobs. People seem to be talking about him being a starter...

Also one other guy who has opened some eyes (unexpectedly) is 7th round LB Leon Jacobs. People seem to be talking about him being a starter...
    They must feel pretty confident since Brown has been working exclusively behind Telvin on the weak side. This is the one spot on defense that has me concerned.

I'm with you on Chark, I've been hearing great stuff on his ability to separate. I'm also excited to see what ASJ brings to the TE spot. Hackett likes getting the TE heavily involved and Jenkins is easily the most talented TE we've had since Lewis was a pup.

I also believe that if he remains healthy, Leonard will put up 1,400+ on the ground this year. He's no longer a rookie and the offensive line is going to be even better as Cam has gotten a lot better and Norwell was added to the left side.

The Jaguars will win the Super Bowl this season.

Turn Off Ads?