Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 Season

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Blake Bortles (wrist) said he is pain-free for the first time since 2016.

Bortles originally started experiencing pain in his wrist during the 2016 season, but he did not get the injury fixed. After the pain became worse last year, he finally opted for surgery in January. Now pain-free, he thinks he can focus on just playing football. "It is just a lot of process to be able to go out there and do what you should be able to do without any pain," Bortles said. "To be able to do that now finally is pretty awesome."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Watched the Jags game against the Saints. Brees didn't play. First the Jags uniforms looked tremendous. They were back to being the Jags again. New helmets and teal tops. Ownership/management still only went partway and teal is our alternate color. So we can only wear it 3 times in regular season. And hopefully the entire pre-season.

QB is the biggest question arounds Jags. Bortles was in for one series and led them to a TD. Ran it in himself. Everyone around the team has been saying this is the healthiest, most mentally prepared Blake that we've seen. He's now entering the second full season of OC Nate Hackett's system.

We let Chad Henne go in Free Agency this season (to KC), and traded a 7th rounder to Cleveland for Cody Kessler. We've been hearing all camp about how good he's looked and this game was no exception. He played 2/3 of the game and came out of it with a 120 rating. People all of a sudden feel much better if Bortles has to miss some time.

We also heard that Tanner Lee the 6th rounder out of Nebraska has looked bad and he was pretty bad in this game. Not just "he'll make to to the practice squad" bad. But maybe even, "we'll scour the waiver wire for a practice squad guy" bad. (as he gave away the Jags win to NO)

Rest of team looked good. A few guys like Calais Campbell, Taven Bryan, and Dante Fowler missed the game with little nagging injuries, and we came out of it with no major problems.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 08-18-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Jaguars and Bengals will both win 12+ games and face each other in the AFC Championship.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, DJ Clark won't sniff the field,...not because he isn't any good, but because there are 10 better Offensive options on that team than him. They are loaded Offensively, with Fournette leading the way. Dede Westbrook is going to make the biggest splash onto the scene for them Offensively. Had he not gotten injured last season, he would have had a great Rookie campaign.
    Westbrook started and led them in targets the first preseason game. He's a very special player.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Jags taking on the Vikings in Minnesota this afternoon. Jags have 2 suspended players, Dante Fowler (who's immaturity is at risk of ruining his career), and Jalen Ramsey who's ego is as big as his talent.

A LOT of guys are sitting for the Jags today. There are no significant injuries for the Jags. Just little things that are precautionary. Gives them a lot of looks at their reserves. It also gives the rest of the league a look. I suspect the Jags cut list will be popular for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Jags taking on the Vikings in Minnesota this afternoon. Jags have 2 suspended players, Dante Fowler (who's immaturity is at risk of ruining his career), and Jalen Ramsey who's ego is as big as his talent.

A LOT of guys are sitting for the Jags today. There are no significant injuries for the Jags. Just little things that are precautionary. Gives them a lot of looks at their reserves. It also gives the rest of the league a look. I suspect the Jags cut list will be popular for other teams.
    In a sloppy game by both teams, Bortles looks terrible. He has put two of his first five passes right in the Vikings' chests. Why is he a starting QB? He can only throw bombs and screens.
    Last edited by Betterread; 08-18-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    In a sloppy game by both teams, Bortles looks terrible. He has put two of his first five passes right in the Vikings' chests. Why is he a starting QB? He can only throw bombs and screens.
    I deleted your second post for trolling. If you want contribute to the thread, feel free to do so, but the kind of baseless accusations in your second post are not acceptable.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 08-18-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Jags won a penalty filled (for them) game. They had over 100 penalty yards in the first half alone. After not being tagged with the new "lower your head" penalty in game one, they got hit with it at least twice in the first half.

Yannick Ngakoue (who looks headed for a monster year) does a celebration for a sack that's a takeoff on a Key and Peele skit about Hingle McCringleberry. Ang gets flagged 15 yards for it. It's just silly to do a dance that's all about "3 hip thrusts gets you a penalty"..... and then do three hip thrusts. A smarter (and funnier) bit would be to do 2, and then shake your head no and waggle a finger.

Bortles did not have a great game. Although the stats don't really reflect it, Cody Kessler looked much better. He's very accurate. He got sacked a few times on quick rushes and I'm not sure if that was on him on the backup line that was on the game.

And TJ Yeldon (who's bulked up a bit) looked better than Fournette. Jags seem to be hiding Corey Grant.

Despite missing quite a few guys, the Jags defense looked great again. It looks to be the thing that will carry them this year.

And Jags came out of game healthy which is a big thing....
    Last edited by JaxRed; 08-19-2018 at 01:27 AM.

How are the Jags going to address the growing Ramsey issue...or do they. Kid is talented, plays with an edge, but runs his mouth. I guess this is the type of stuff you are willing to put up with if you are currently winning. I also wonder how this sits with Coughlin who is pretty old school...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    How are the Jags going to address the growing Ramsey issue...or do they. Kid is talented, plays with an edge, but runs his mouth. I guess this is the type of stuff you are willing to put up with if you are currently winning. I also wonder how this sits with Coughlin who is pretty old school...
    Well they suspended him for this last pre-season game.... I think it's one of those things you have to put up with because he's so talented. I've always assumed that Ramsey will not re-sign with Jax because he wants a big market/stage. And I hope that they can flip him for a couple high draft choices just before that happens.

Jags beat the Falcons at home last night. Jags had pretty tough teams the first 3 weeks. (Saints, Vikings, Falcons). Bucs coming up this week.

Jags have been free from major injuries for a long time. That ended last night, as Marquis Lee was carted off the field with what appeared to be a major knee injury. I'd be totally shocked if it's not at least an ACL and out for the year. He was about my least favorite receiver and Jags have a bunch of candidates (Chark, Westbrook, Cole, Moncrief) as well as guys that were on the bubble. So someone like Greene or Mickens will make the Jags roster and not the Browns. PFT commented that Jags might call Dez Bryant. I don't see that happening.

Once again Cody Kessler looked better than Bortles. Kessler was 7/7 with a 113 rating. 3 sacks again where he was swamped by a bunch of rushes. I assume that's on the OL. Blake looked really good about 80% of the time, but that 20% bad time will drive you nuts. He threw one pick to a LB. Then he threw an interception down by the goal line. There's some talk that Westbrook had alligator arms on the play and that Moncrief is supposed to run thru the end zone to carry his defender out which he did not do. But it was frustrating. And the Bortles got away with a stupid play where he threw a ball up for grabs as he was being tackled. Luckily TJ Yeldon played defense and broke it up.

Speaking of Yeldon, all 3 of our RB's looked very good. Fournette, Yeldon and Grant.

And the defense continues to dominate. We got our first look at our 1st rounder Taven Bryant. Marcel Darius, our #1 run stuffer is dealing with some kind of pec injury. Hopefully not serious.

So... all in all, things continue to look good.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-27-2018)

Lee has always been Bortles' safest throw. Bortles will be forced to take more chances and go deeper. Jags will have to pass less with a loss of Lee. They let Robinson and Hurns go because they had Lee. Now the unreliable Moncrief is their Veteran Receiver? That's not going to fly. Lee was going to get 120+ targets.

I already had Westbrook penciled in for 75/1100/10. Now I think he'll get, against opponents' #1 Corners, 92/1420/10.

Chalk will emerge with 60/840/6.

The RB's, specifically Grant, will pick up 60+ of Lee's targets.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-27-2018 at 01:07 AM.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...n-mouth-legend

I am a MASSIVE Jalen Ramsey fan. I can't thank Dallas enough for passing on him.

Jags won comfortably over the Bucs, which makes sense because this was backups and roster battles playing and the Jags roster is so strong. Cody Kessler again looked strong. If there was a surprise it was QB Tanner Lee, who has gone from a guy who looked totally lost and a candidate for outright release (no practice squad), to a guy who looked pretty good and now looks to be a lock for PS.

Again no injuries for Jags.

Cut downs happened. No huge surprises. A couple little ones. Jags claimed no one off waiver wire. Probably a combination of 2 things. Jags strong roster, and a #29 claiming position. Jags filled their PS with guys that had been in camp including Tanner Lee.

First practice today and all 53 guys are cleared for practice.

About 3 hours from first game on the road against Giants. Jags pretty much at full strength. One special teams guy listed as questionable. Everyone else good to go. Only injury of significance in pre-season was to WR Marquise Lee, who in my opinion was our #5 guy (Westbrooke, Cole, Chark, Moncrief all ahead of him), so I don't think his being gone will impact anything.

I'll be very disappointed if Jags don't come away with a win. THey should be the superior squad today.

Turn Off Ads?