Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Cincinnati Restaurants

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Your Favorite Cincinnati Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Dang. My wife’s and mine anniversary is May 25 and I was trying to get reservations at Sotto which are hard to get. I had a reminder in my phone a couple days ago but didn’t make them then. Now the earliest I can get is 8:45 pm. Time for plan B. Darn.
    I forgot how far out reservations can go for Sotto. I went there for the first time a couple years ago early 2021 as one of my first post-fully vaccinated meals, and I was able to get a table just a couple days out. From what I’ve heard they’re pretty regularly back to being as far out as you described now though. Based on the meal I got there I can see why, that short rib tagliatelle is crazy good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dang. My wife’s and mine anniversary is May 25 and I was trying to get reservations at Sotto which are hard to get. I had a reminder in my phone a couple days ago but didn’t make them then. Now the earliest I can get is 8:45 pm. Time for plan B. Darn.
    Hell, you're retired. Clock means nothing. Grab a nap that day, late lunch and make an adventure out of it

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Pepp & Dolores is a great alternative and my personal favorite. Food quality is just as good, and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Request a table downstairs for a more romantic vibe.

I've also heard great things about Nicola's but have yet to make the trip.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

5. Likes:

Chip R (02-22-2023),dabvu2498 (02-18-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Pepp & Dolores is a great alternative and my personal favorite. Food quality is just as good, and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Request a table downstairs for a more romantic vibe.

I've also heard great things about Nicola's but have yet to make the trip.
    Nicola’s is very, very good. It seems cliche to just get Bolognese at an Italian restaurant, but their Bolognese is special.

That said, Pepp and Delores is probably my favorite restaurant in the city and their veal meatball may be my favorite single food item in town.

All the CR group of restaurants are top notch.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Nicola’s is very, very good. It seems cliche to just get Bolognese at an Italian restaurant, but their Bolognese is special.

That said, Pepp and Delores is probably my favorite restaurant in the city and their veal meatball may be my favorite single food item in town.

All the CR group of restaurants are top notch.
    I thought they were the Thunderdome group?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Hell, you're retired. Clock means nothing. Grab a nap that day, late lunch and make an adventure out of it
    My wife is not a late night person. Even with a nap she would not be good company. I actually don’t know how we get along. She gets up at 5:30 am and thinks the morning is glorious. I spent 47 years working and getting up early while I’m actually a night owl and prefer late nights.

Also, both Royce and Pearlstar both closed quickly. They recruited Zach pretty heavily but after he talked to his old man, he declined. Something didn’t smell right about those places.

10. Likes:

Chip R (02-22-2023)

I thought they were the Thunderdome group?
    You’re right. You’re right. My bad. I do know the CR group just changed their pizza place to a full Italian menu.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Also, both Royce and Pearlstar both closed quickly. They recruited Zach pretty heavily but after he talked to his old man, he declined. Something didn’t smell right about those places.
    I don't know about you but I miss Maplewood Kitchen in Deerfield Township. They were wonderful for lunch, usually fairly crowded and well staffed. Don't know what went wrong there but they seemed to know what they were doing

I don't know about you but I miss Maplewood Kitchen in Deerfield Township. They were wonderful for lunch, usually fairly crowded and well staffed. Don't know what went wrong there but they seemed to know what they were doing
    Yeah, we were surprised by their closing. We live pretty close to there and have breakfast/lunch a few times and it was always bustling. According to my son, it was more they had issues staffing than anything else.

Went to the local Mission BBQ. Pretty good barbecue. Nothing earth shattering but well executed bbq. Good sides and good sauces too. I had the pulled pork and the spousal unit had brisket. Both were excellent. I’ll try the ribs next time. We will return.

I recommend the Thursday night dinner Looks like a fun event.

https://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/savor/

Celebrating Cincinnati’s eldest restaurants

https://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/...89482/15289938

17. Likes:

moewan (05-23-2023),Roy Tucker (05-23-2023),Sea Ray (05-22-2023)

Had a very enjoyable meal at the Madtree Alcove spot tonight in Over the Rhine. Had the honor of meeting Roy’s son, the head chef there. Roy should be proud. Fine upstanding young man. We ordered 4 different appetizers and it was quite enjoyable. Zach’s doing a real nice job there. I think he’s found a home. My waitress Sydney was a joy as well. I was in town to see Martin Sheen and his son Emilio Estevez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-08-2023),goreds2 (07-08-2023),Redhook (07-07-2023),Roy Tucker (07-07-2023)

Had a very enjoyable meal at the Madtree Alcove spot tonight in Over the Rhine. Had the honor of meeting Roy’s son, the head chef there. Roy should be proud. Fine upstanding young man. We ordered 4 different appetizers and it was quite enjoyable. Zach’s doing a real nice job there. I think he’s found a home. My waitress Sydney was a joy as well. I was in town to see Martin Sheen and his son Emilio Estevez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How ‘bout that.

Yeah, he is doing well there and they treat him well. He seems to have found his niche. At least for the time being. Problem is he works 60-70 hours a week and he doesn’t call his mother enough. Glad you enjoyed the meal.

21. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-12-2023),RFS62 (07-17-2023)

Turn Off Ads?