M2 (07-25-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Twitter is dead, long live X

As a Xavier alum, I approve.

5. Likes:

Chip R (07-26-2023)

7. Likes:

757690 (07-24-2023),M2 (07-25-2023),Roy Tucker (07-29-2023)

They call me "chef"

Have you ever rebranded a billion dollar company that was shedding value and users into a one letter symbol? There’s a reason Elon is the bravest, smartest, most beautiful, wisest man I will ever love and you are someone whose mild criticisms of Elon cause me to crumble as I attempt to be strong for Him.

9. Likes:

CaiGuy (07-24-2023),redsfan9988 (07-25-2023),RedTeamGo! (07-26-2023),The Operator (07-27-2023),TRF (07-24-2023),westofyou (07-24-2023),WrongVerb (07-25-2023)

Elon has wanted to name everything he has ever created, “X”, including his last child. No idea why he’s so obsessed with that letter.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Elon has wanted to name everything he has ever created, “X”, including his last child. No idea why he’s so obsessed with that letter.
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  15.4 KB

So apparently Meta owns the X trademark for social networking, so that’s hilarious if true.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Last night everything broke.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Could've housed every unhoused person in the country for the money he's lost in his inane running of the company now known as X* (until a lawsuit or bankruptcy changes the name back to Twitter).
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Absolutely disgusting what he's done to his kid. Elon is not a good human being.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Today they broke the search mechanism. Until yesterday, you could combine terms with "OR" or "AND" but now the search recognizes those keywords as actual search terms. If you search for "Reds AND trade", you only get posts that include all 3 words. Previously, you'd have gotten every post that included just "Reds" and "trade" while excluding "AND".
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Today they broke the search mechanism. Until yesterday, you could combine terms with "OR" or "AND" but now the search recognizes those keywords as actual search terms. If you search for "Reds AND trade", you only get posts that include all 3 words. Previously, you'd have gotten every post that included just "Reds" and "trade" while excluding "AND".
    oh for f............

he's an idiot.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    oh for f............

he's an idiot.
    My guess is this isn't intentional. Instead, it's a side effect of losing that institutional knowledge that went out the door when he fired all those people right after buying the platform.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

19. Likes:

757690 (07-26-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    My guess is this isn't intentional. Instead, it's a side effect of losing that institutional knowledge that went out the door when he fired all those people right after buying the platform.
    You’re just not seeing the big picture. After he trademarks the words “and” & “or” the money will start rolling in and X will become even bigger than Y! even though Y! came before X.

At least X doesn’t spontaneously burst in to flames like most of Elon’s other ventures.

Gosh, I get the feeling this thread has some political undertones.

Turn Off Ads?