Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Cincinnati Restaurants

Re: Your Favorite Cincinnati Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    3 Ohio Restaurants Land On List Of Best Pastas In The Country

https://700wlw.iheart.com/content/20...n-the-country/
    Noodles served out of a 5 gallon bucket #9 on the list, reviewers must have been in the wine you guys were talking about.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    Taste of Cincinnati is happening this weekend. It will be my first time attending. There will be 36 restaurants and 18 food trucks. I am looking forward to eating a lot of variety. Does anyone have any experience going?
    https://www.tasteofcincinnati.com/
    Be prepared to take out a loan if you want to try stuff.

4. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (05-26-2022)

Here's an article on Frisch's and their hiring a new CEO. Frisch's is in dire need of help before it's too late. I thought the interview by the Enquirer writer was worthless due to the softball questions but here's what I think they should address:

1) Cleanliness. These places are a pit. Make it appetizing to eat there
    2) Staffing. Need higher quality folks
    3) Quality of food. Quality of things like the breakfast bar has gone down hill
    4) Bring back items that they're known for like the Brawny Lad

I don't think it's too late to save this Cincinnati icon but the clock is ticking

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/mon...r/10248489002/

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    And on the food front, my son has moved over as sous chef to the new Alcove by MadTree Brewing in OTR. It’s a collaboration between 3CDC, Bouquet Restaurant, and MadTree. I’ve done a walkthrough in the space and it looks really cool.

https://www.madtreebrewing.com/news/madtree-alcove/

From the link “ The main space will feature a large bar, light-filled lounges, dining areas and an intimate private dining room for small groups. Connected by expansive windows and doors that run the length of the building, the main space opens to one of the city center’s rare outdoor spaces. Alcove will feature a lush outdoor patio space for lounging and dining, which connects to a lively greenhouse bar filled with vibrant plants; herbs growing in the greenhouse will be used in the house-made cocktails.

To create an immersive, warm space, MadTree will invest in extensive greenery, created by non-profit Urban Blooms, who designed the living wall in MadTree’s Oakley taproom. Filled with living walls and living chandeliers, the company will create living greenspaces throughout Alcove, designed for people to relax and revive with good friends and good food in a great atmosphere.”
    I visited The Alcove over the weekend and I must say my visit was delightful. I am not an easy customer to impress and I thought the food and the setting etc were outstanding. I particularly liked the yummy tomato appetizer. Beer of course was good and the bill was reasonable. My only complaint was the meatballs. Three small meatballs for about 14 bucks and it was an entrée. That was overpriced and should have been listed as an appetizer. There are more items I'd like to try. The wait was modest and their system of texting you when your table's ready was professional and smooth.

7. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-15-2022)

Hathaway's Diner was good.

With the retro/50's look and good food

MadTree moved Zach up to executive chef at Alcove. Part of what he does now is schmooze.

Name:  F7ECF6B4-0D0F-4B4C-892F-D75131136329.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  141.5 KB
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

10. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-12-2022),Chip R (11-14-2022),goreds2 (11-12-2022),moewan (11-12-2022),Wonderful Monds (02-14-2023)

I kept it simple. Always went to the Spaghetti Factory while it was there. I knew what it would taste like. They served what I love (Extra Italian Sausage with meat sauce, minestrone soup and garlic butter for the bread). Coffee and spumoni afterward. It was close to the stadiums and close enough to the Hyatt. And, it was inexpensive.

My healthy eating is done at home, as is most of the high quality.

Fishermen (from the Netflix show...the one's with the Diesel boat, but that Owner is no longer with them, and the 2nd in command (co-partner) took over the company) out of Ilwaco flash freeze their catch on board to keep it fresh, and it comes directly to me in 10-pound boxes. 3-year old Albacore (when it's available), Sable and Rockfish about twice a week. No longer have a farmer for my raw milk and meat as he doesn't farm anymore around here. Have to find a new one. Usually bake the fish.

But, with restaurants, it's really hard to find consistent quality close to the house. There are plenty of good ones in Portland, but I just don't go over there enough anymore. Have one good place walking distance from here and another about 5 minutes by car, but it's just easier and far less expensive to eat at home. And, it usually tastes better, anyway. Don't have to worry about some server with bad hygiene being careless with their behavior. It's far too common the last 15 years. Hygiene is terrible among restaurant employees, especially hipsters, where it's the worst of all. Forget Mexican food restaurants. When they get their first 100 perfect score healthwise, it will only be because they were threatened with a shutdown.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 11-13-2022 at 12:44 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Interesting look at the history of the space Alcove is in.

CINCINNATI — When MadTree opened its new restaurant, Alcove, on Vine Street in Over-the-Rhine, it re-energized a building with ties to the founding of the World Series, Billboard Magazine and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
    https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...tory?_amp=true
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 12-19-2022 at 06:43 PM.

13. Likes:

Redhook (12-19-2022)

https://www.madtreebrewing.com/news/...f-zach-leetch/

Zach will also be on a WCPO Super Bowl clip at 8:50 am Sunday morning. Talking about beer cheese and pretzels.

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-12-2023),Dom Heffner (02-16-2023),goreds2 (02-11-2023),moewan (02-12-2023),pedro (02-11-2023),Sea Ray (02-11-2023)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

If anyone has heard of Cafe Mochiko over in Walnut Hills, it was named one of the best new restaurants in America by a couple publications. Really excellent Japanese food.

They do an incredible Cincinnati chili style ramen as a special every few weeks, watch their Facebook or Instagram for their posts about it, and if it’s on for the weekend you should definitely go out of the way for it.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    If anyone has heard of Cafe Mochiko over in Walnut Hills, it was named one of the best new restaurants in America by a couple publications. Really excellent Japanese food.

They do an incredible Cincinnati chili style ramen as a special every few weeks, watch their Facebook or Instagram for their posts about it, and if it’s on for the weekend you should definitely go out of the way for it.
    Low-key the best burger in Cincinnati too. Not what I expected either, but it was recommended by people I trust and they were right on. Also, their morning pastries are beyond excellent.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

19. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (02-18-2023)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Ive loved both Boca and Primavista the past few weeks.

21. Likes:

Chip R (02-22-2023),Roy Tucker (02-17-2023)

My missus and I will be in Cincinnati for a few days in July, so keep those recommendations coming!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

23. Likes:

Chip R (02-22-2023)

Dang. My wife’s and mine anniversary is May 25 and I was trying to get reservations at Sotto which are hard to get. I had a reminder in my phone a couple days ago but didn’t make them then. Now the earliest I can get is 8:45 pm. Time for plan B. Darn.

25. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-18-2023),Wonderful Monds (02-18-2023)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Low-key the best burger in Cincinnati too. Not what I expected either, but it was recommended by people I trust and they were right on. Also, their morning pastries are beyond excellent.
    I totally forgot about their burger. I’ll have to try that next time I’m there. Also want to try their fried pork cutlet sandwich, which from what I’ve seen other people eating looks pretty nuts (on their loaf of bread they make, which also looks great.) also highly recommend their karaage, which in terms of fried chicken would rank right near the top with anyone else in Cincinnati. Just overall a really good spot they’ve got going over there.

27. Likes:

dabvu2498 (02-18-2023)

Turn Off Ads?