Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051

Thread: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They did it illegally. That's the problem.

Stealing signs is part of the game. But there are rules you need to follow. The Pats did not follow those rules.
    OK, this happened 12 yrs ago and you're still steamed about it? 12 yrs is 3 careers for many football players. The Patriots paid the price of a 1st rd pick and a bunch of money. It's legal to videotape signals but not from certain locations. Whatever. The NFL ruled on it and gave out penalties. Move on

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, this happened 12 yrs ago and you're still steamed about it? 12 yrs is 3 careers for many football players. The Patriots paid the price of a 1st rd pick and a bunch of money. It's legal to videotape signals but not from certain locations. Whatever. The NFL ruled on it and gave out penalties. Move on
    My point is that the NFL ruled poorly on it, which did nothing to stop the Pats from cheating. And they were caught just a few years ago cheating in another way. I think anyone who thinks the Pat's stopped cheating 12 years ago is being quite naive.

This reminds me of the fable of the frog and the scorpion. The scorpion needs to cross a river and asks a frog to give him a ride on his back. The frog says no, because he is afraid the scorpion will sting him and kill him. The scorpion promises not to sting the frog, so the frog gives him a ride. Halfway across the river, the scorpion stings and kills the frog, and drowns himself. On the way down, the frog asked the scorpion why he stung him, when doing do would kill both of them. The scorpion replies that it couldn't help himself, it's his nature.

It's in the Pat's nature to cheat.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-08-2019),Slyder (02-06-2019)

My point is that the NFL ruled poorly on it, which did nothing to stop the Pats from cheating. And they were caught just a few years ago cheating in another way. I think anyone who thinks the Pat's stopped cheating 12 years ago is being quite naive.

This reminds me of the fable of the frog and the scorpion. The scorpion needs to cross a river and asks a frog to give him a ride on his back. The frog says no, because he is afraid the scorpion will sting him and kill him. The scorpion promises not to sting the frog, so the frog gives him a ride. Halfway across the river, the scorpion stings and kills the frog, and drowns himself. On the way down, the frog asked the scorpion why he stung him, when doing do would kill both of them. The scorpion replies that it couldn't help himself, it's his nature.

This run around is why I just leave it at "The Pats learned to hide the cameras better". I just don't have the desire to argue any more, I long for the days when I could legitimately get hyped for the NFL season and enjoy just watching whether it was Carolina vs Tampa or Pittsburgh vs Cincy or Cleveland vs Buffalo. Just so long as Football was on tv. I watch it now (any non Oakland game) and its just flag after flag (usually going for a particular team) that I've said a few places there isn't 1 rule book for the NFL... there's 3... 1 for the premier franchises (Pit, NE, Dal, (Insert start QB here)), 1 for everyone not in the "it" club, and 1 for Al Davis (which I think has been retired).

- - - Updated - - -

This run around is why I just leave it at "The Pats learned to hide the cameras better". I just don't have the desire to argue any more, I long for the days when I could legitimately get hyped for the NFL season and enjoy just watching whether it was Carolina vs Tampa or Pittsburgh vs Cincy or Cleveland vs Buffalo. Just so long as Football was on tv. I watch it now (any non Oakland game) and its just flag after flag (usually going for a particular team) that I've said a few places there isn't 1 rule book for the NFL... there's 3... 1 for the premier franchises (Pit, NE, Dal, (Insert star QB here)), 1 for everyone not in the "it" club, and 1 for Al Davis (which I think has been retired).
    Last edited by Slyder; 02-06-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

OK they cheat. It's incumbent upon the NFL to catch them. If they don't then I tip my cap to the Pats for not getting caught. Regardless, it's not going to change my plans to watch the Super Bowl. If you hate 'em, fine. Root for 'em to lose like they did last yr

7. Likes:

GAC (02-07-2019)

Sorry, but you’re just flat wrong on the facts. Posting this for a second time:
    And I already read all that. So what? They found hand written diagrams of defensive signals and other notes that the Pat's had assembled on their opposition. I guarantee you that most every other organization has physical files on the opposition that includes diagrams, whatever, that is gathered via filming and other methodology. They ALL are doing it. I even shown where several head coaches admitted it.

I don’t see how anyone can defend the Pats knowing all the info we have now, unless you are a very biased Pat fan.
    Nope. Brown's fan.

IMO, I'm making an attempt to be far more fair and objective. The only item we disagree on is the level of severity of the situation. First you say we don't know how much of their success was because of cheating (which is true), then immediately follow that up with every win is tainted by cheating. Every single one. So that tells me your position is based far more on subjectivity and an intense bias/hatred for the Patriots, then evidence. Because you can offer no sound evidence that every one of their wins is by cheating.

Again, I have no problem whatsoever that you hold a burning, intense hatred for the Patriots. That's sports. We're all guilty (LOL).
    Last edited by GAC; 02-07-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I thought you'd get a kick out of this. Enjoy:

https://news.yahoo.com/10-year-old-k...184439991.html

10. Likes:

757690 (02-08-2019)

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'"

12. Likes:

GAC (02-09-2019),Kingspoint (02-08-2019)

Turn Off Ads?