Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tipping on a carryout order

Re: Tipping on a carryout order

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I tip for takeout at places that I would tip normally.

I tip at fast food places if they have a tip jar.

1. I've worked for tips
    2. I try not to tick people off that handle my food.
    I always assumed the employees tipped you.

2. Likes:

Raisor (02-12-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I always assumed the employees tipped you.
    I tip them with their own money.

I tipped the dealers and staff for a poker tournament I chopped Friday 12% and I thought the TD was going to kiss me

I tip pretty generously. Wait staff, bartenders, pizza dude, Girl Scout cookies, hotel staff, etc. If I wonder if I should tip, then I do. I consider it a deposit at the karma bank.

I’ve have a buttload of menial crap jobs and I know what it’s like. I make pretty good money these days, my kids are done with college, the house is paid off, and I don’t watch the balance of my checking account any more. So I sprinkle some bucks around. Probably the only place I don’t tip is fast food (Wendy’s mostly).

My wife and I are doing the Butler County donut trail and I stuffed a $5 in the jar for $2.50 worth of donuts. The checkout girl was nice, we chatted for 30 seconds, so I felt good. What the hell. Can’t take it with me.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

BillDoran (02-12-2018),dubc47834 (02-13-2018),GIK (02-17-2018),Larry Schuler (02-12-2018),texasdave (02-13-2018),westofyou (02-13-2018)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I tip them with their own money.

I tipped the dealers and staff for a poker tournament I chopped Friday 12% and I thought the TD was going to kiss me
    I always tip the dealers at least $1 when playing live. I'll tip more if it's a big pot or I've won several hands in a short period of time with the same dealer. I will tip 5-10% for a tournament, again, depending on how much I won.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

Raisor (02-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    The 4 different bags can probably be explained by a work run. Not saying it’s right, but I’d put all of my chips on it.
    No, they don't open 'til 6. Most likely people taking home something for dinner.

I hardly ever do a take out pick up like that..... but it never crossed my mind to tip.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?