Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Temporarily Moving to Cincinnati -suggestions

Re: Temporarily Moving to Cincinnati -suggestions

Leaning towards Dayton right now. I have a ton of family in the Richmond, IN area, so it would be in a good centralized area between there and Cincinnati

2. Turn Off Ads?

The main suburbs south of Dayton (Kettering, Centerville & Springboro) would all exceed your 50,000 size. I'm not familiar with the northern suburbs, Tipp City may work. Can't really offer much about that part of town. I'm not sure how big Oakwood is, but may fit your needs for a few months. Its definently on the pricier side of things, but there are a decent amount of good places one could walk to if that was a desire, plus your are in the middle of Kettering and the City of Dayton, so you'd be close to most larger amenities.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Leaning towards Dayton right now. I have a ton of family in the Richmond, IN area, so it would be in a good centralized area between there and Cincinnati
    Oxford does fit your requirements, and is more central to Richmond and Cincinnati.

5. Likes:

Raisor (02-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Monroe also has a Tim Horton's, a Waffle House, and the famous church which used to have the ginormous "Touchdown Jesus" statue that was destroyed by lightning and replaced with a more traditional looking ginormous Jesus statue.
    Don’t forget the Hustler store.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

7. Likes:

Chip R (02-23-2018),Roy Tucker (02-21-2018),Yachtzee (03-05-2018)

So...Oxford it is?!

Does anyone have a mother-in-law suite attached to their house they aren't using?

Asking for a friend.

My cat.

Yeah, much of it depends on what you want to do for that month.

All the ones named here, Mason (home of Roy), Lebanon is a nice real town, West Chester, Springboro, Centerville, Kettering, Beavercreek.

More Cincinnati-way, you’ve got Fairfield west of town, Wyoming is very nice, Blue Ash, Mariemont is a quaint burg.

If I were young and mobile, I’d check out OTR downtown and hang with all the hipsters and drink all the great beer down there and go to all the shows and nightlife. There is a lot happening there.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-23-2018)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

All the ones named here, Mason (home of Roy), Lebanon is a nice real town, West Chester, Springboro, Centerville, Kettering, Beavercreek.

More Cincinnati-way, you’ve got Fairfield west of town, Wyoming is very nice, Blue Ash, Mariemont is a quaint burg.

If I were young and mobile, I’d check out OTR downtown and hang with all the hipsters and drink all the great beer down there and go to all the shows and nightlife. There is a lot happening there.
    Be careful with Fairfield. Some parts are nice. Some parts I wouldn't let my mom drive through.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Be careful with Fairfield. Some parts are nice. Some parts I wouldn't let my mom drive through.
    Yeah. I work there so yes, pick the good spots.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

Dayton really is just one big metropolitan area that contains all those smaller cities. If you're looking for <50,000 population and don't care that it's attached to a larger metro area, then definitely select one of those. But if you're more looking for a town in the middle of a rural area, Waynesville or Brookville or Xenia might better suit your needs.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I'm not sure Cincinnati is ready for this.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

16. Likes:

Chip R (02-26-2018),KittyDuran (03-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Dayton really is just one big metropolitan area that contains all those smaller cities. If you're looking for <50,000 population and don't care that it's attached to a larger metro area, then definitely select one of those. But if you're more looking for a town in the middle of a rural area, Waynesville or Brookville or Xenia might better suit your needs.
    Centerville and Kettering kind of run into each other, but Springboro is still off by itself. Downtown Miamisburg is awesome too, and they are both close to I-75. Once you get out by Waynesville and Lebanon, you have to figure in the commute.

Personally, as far as living close to something, I much prefer Dayton over Cincy. Downtown Dayton has so many options for live music, and the dining is more eclectic. Plus, if you live in a place like Miamisburg, you are living rural, but are still fifteen minutes from downtown Dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If your goal is to be accessible to both Cincy and Richmond, Tipp City would be a good option and meets your criteria. It's still relatively small (around 10,000 people) but has all the basics of modern civilization and a nice historic downtown area. It's also five minutes drive north of the I-75/I-70 interchange and an hour to downtown Cincy (if traffic is behaving). However, Tipp is a bedroom community of Dayton, which means it will give you a taste of living in Dayton but not Cincy.

If you consider Tipp, be aware that some of the approach patterns for Dayton's airport are nearby - I've known more than a few Tipp residents who complained about aircraft noise after building a home not realizing they're aligned to a runway a few miles away.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I was recommending cities closer to Cincinnati, but if you're willing to live a little closer to Dayton, then I would second everything Roy said. I would also recommend Bellbrook/Sugarcreek Township, Miamisburg, and Waynesville. I've lived in Beavercreek for most of my adult life - it's kind of the go-to suburb for families in south Dayton, other than Oakwood. Not as small as you'd prefer, maybe, but it does have a country-living sort of aspect to it. I would tell you to just go to Yellow Springs, actually, but good luck finding a house there.

North Dayton, I personally don't care for. Englewood may be an option, though. Short drive to Richmond, not too far from Cincinnati.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

What other places are you considering after metro-Cincinnati?

Turn Off Ads?