Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2018

Re: College Baseball 2018

I happened upon the Florida/LSU game last night, and stayed to eyeball Jonathan India. But.... I ended up watching one of the strangest innings I've ever seen. Florida imploded in the 6th inning. There were hit batsmen, walks, 3 balls that eluded the catcher (all passed balls in my opinion but some were called wild pitches), errors in the field, and a fog that enveloped the field in about 2 minutes. The last hitter hit a ball into the air and no one could see it till it hit the ground. At that point the game was suspended for fog.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-26-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I happened upon the Florida/LSU game last night, and stayed to eyeball Jonathan India. But.... I ended up watching one of the strangest innings I've ever seen. Florida imploded in the 6th inning. There were hit batsmen, walks, 3 balls that eluded the catcher (all passed balls in my opinion but some were called wild pitches), errors in the field, and a fog that enveloped the field in about 2 minutes. The last hitter hit a ball into the air and no one could see it till it hit the ground. At that point the game was suspended for fog.
    SEC Tourney never disappoints. You had this gem a couple days ago:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/24/ol...-blooper-video
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

LSU is bad this year. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    LSU is bad this year. It's weird.
    They just crushed Florida.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Louisville/Florida State was a heavyweight fight. Two really good teams going back and forth. FSU is just a little better. They'll be a tough out in the NCAA Tournament.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

My Hoosiers are heading to Austin.

Gators need Singer back badly. Still nice to get the overall #1 seed.

By their showing in the SEC tournament, LSU is going to be a tough out in the Corvallis regional.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Oklahoma beat Mississippi St. 20-10 today.

Stanford trying to avoid being the 3rd #1seed to lose today...tied in the 10th.

Just saw a twet that said FSI lost 2 in a row (at home) to be eliminated. But here's the part that got me...

The starter was at 130 pitches. And then they had 90 minute rain delay...... and they sent him back out!!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Just saw a twet that said FSI lost 2 in a row (at home) to be eliminated. But here's the part that got me...

The starter was at 130 pitches. And then they had 90 minute rain delay...... and they sent him back out!!
    Some College Coaches just don't care. Apparently, FSU's is one of them. Glad to see a Coach like that get eliminated quickly. Hopefully he gets fired for embarrassing the Alumni.

- - - Updated - - -

LSU is really good. Oregon State will have their hands full tonight.

UConn bounced back with a win today as the only other #1 seed to lose yesterday (to Washington, I think).

FSU was eliminated in the most excruciating way possible today. Up 2-0 in the ninth with 2 outs, only to give up a walk-off 3 run bomb. Yes the manager deserved it.

The manager of course, Mike Martin, just happens to be the winningest NCAA coach of all time, but has never won a National Championship. We all know how random Baseball can be, but with the teams he's had you would think he would have lucked into one.

Of course there's no incentive for the manager to put players ahead of wins. Parents need to due their due diligence and send their kids to play at programs who will look out for them better, or have them sign provided they have the opportunity and it makes sense.
    Last edited by MetfanBren; 06-02-2018 at 07:23 PM.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-03-2018)

Wasn't there a case of a guy who did like 180 and agreed to it because he knew he wasn't MLB material or had no plans at trying?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?